• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JumpFesta Thread

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
@ person who went to jump festa: WOuld you say Wario is a good character? Is his bite and motercycle good? Thanks a lot
Again, I only played with him once, so I can't tell. I'm betting he will have combo potential, but only limited, probably usually into a smash attack. I couldn't find much use for his motorcycle, but since you can ride it off the edge then get your jump back, I'm guessing it could be used to edgeguard. I don't really know much about his down B other than it shoots out to the left and right a little bit and pops Wario up about a platform's distance. His up B seemed fairly week and small, but you might be able to go higher if you press buttons or direct it better. Finally, his chomp took forever for me to pull off, but if I remember correctly, after spitting out Pit he flew into another character and caused some damage. His forward smash was too slow for me to get a kill off of, so I did his air attacks, which unfortunately I can't remember what they looked like, but were effective enough to knock people off the stage. I'm guessing he'll be a character you'll pick up and when you first play him you'll get a few powerful hits in but feel like he's not too good. He'll probably have his potential unlocked once we figure out the game-breaking physics.

YOSHIANDLINK1

Smash Rookie
Can you describe his up b? IIRC, in the Snake with Wario video he said that Wario can "fart to fly around too". Did he do that anywhere when you played as him? Did you use his Final Smash?
If you have anything else about Wario, please tel me :)
Thanks again.

XeroHarsh

Smash Journeyman
Can you describe his up b? IIRC, in the Snake with Wario video he said that Wario can "fart to fly around too". Did he do that anywhere when you played as him? Did you use his Final Smash?
If you have anything else about Wario, please tel me :)
Thanks again.
You can't seem to read, can you? He said he pretty much can't remember everything that happened, and he only played Wario once.

He also said all he did was spin around, so thats pretty much all the info you are going to get unless someone else can verify it.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Wario summons Andross! OMG Megaton!

Midna confirmed!

jk
Heh. But really, does this mean that 2:05-2:06 in http://youtube.com/watch?v=akKGaOIQ7Tc is Wario doing his Up B? I think I see the little circle that signals that a double jump was performed, but the person who went to the event said that Wario spins and the distance is fairly small and weak. In 2:05-2:06, Wario spins and goes a somewhat huge horizontal distance, but barely any vertical distance.

YOSHIANDLINK1

Smash Rookie
Heh. But really, does this mean that 2:05-2:06 in http://youtube.com/watch?v=akKGaOIQ7Tc is Wario doing his Up B? I think I see the little circle that signals that a double jump was performed, but the person who went to the event said that Wario spins and the distance is fairly small and weak. In 2:05-2:06, Wario spins and goes a somewhat huge horizontal distance, but barely any vertical distance.
I think you're right

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yayyy Kokichi! Thanks for the new info, pal, and good to see that you're still alive. ;)

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
As for the video, it's hard to tell, but it is probably his up B since he's spinning around. I seem to remember when I did it that he had some white spinlines turn around him. Also, I guess this video shows that it's able to be more directed than I thought...I probably just did up-B without much directional influence.

Anyways, I just thought the most important thing that I found was that you'll be able to pick up and throw his motorcycle...like...a lot. I imagine people doing that after their opponent dies to get an extra throw item, like Peach and her turnips.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Throwing motorcycles is one of the most manly ways to fight ever. I already had a hunch you could do it, because in the Wario special moves update Mario is carrying the bike as if its a heavy class item.

M.K

Level 55
Hmm, Kokichi, I'm sorry for all the questions...just a couple from me.

If you can remember...people are saying that Kirby's Smash A changed. What does it look like/is it better or worse.

Did you SEE a Wario-Man/Cook Kirby, and was he good or bad?

You...rock...hard!

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Wow... Wario's UpB was in the freakin' trailer... And I don't think anyone caught it. At all.

It's kinda funny, if you think about it.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure he has said all he knows on Wario's behalf. 2 mins is not a long time, especially if you are trying to play and not just checkin stuff out.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
This was already explained in the update...
Yes, I know it was already explained in the update, but I'm not sure if they mentioned that it broke apart, or that every time you used it you could then pick it up afterwards. They also explained how the Wario Ware stage works, but I figured a little more explanation couldn't hurt :-/

Hmm, Kokichi, I'm sorry for all the questions...just a couple from me.

If you can remember...people are saying that Kirby's Smash A changed. What does it look like/is it better or worse.

Did you SEE a Wario-Man/Cook Kirby, and was he good or bad?

You...rock...hard!
I didn't see his Smash A, no, sorry. I did see him as a more solid character though, at least more so than his Melee counterpart. I'm sure he's been buffed, even if just a little. Also, in one of the trailers they had him using his Final Smash - basically the characters, despite where they were on stage, all got vacuumed into his cook pot, then I think they stayed in there for a little bit as items started flying out (including maximum tomatoes that probably only Kirby can get...cheap!), then they eventually fly out as well. Didn't see the damage meter, it went by too fast.

@ person who went to jump festa (:p): can you tell me anything else about Wario :p
Not really, sorry. Oh, when he wins, one of his post-game poses is he just rolls on the ground laughing. Thought that was kind of funny.

I'm sure he has said all he knows on Wario's behalf. 2 mins is not a long time, especially if you are trying to play and not just checkin stuff out.
Yeah, sorry, I'm pretty drained for answers, not really sure what else I can give. At least it comes out in less than a month in Japan, so we'll be seeing videos and everything then :)

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Please tell me, if you saw Wario's throws, are they Wario World throw moves?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Sorry, I don't know if I even got a single throw off. I tried to, but the guys I was playing had already played before (at least seemingly so, they were pretty good and seemed really used to the game), so it was hard enough to get the chomp on them. I do remember throwing with Diddy Kong though, and I think it sent the guy pretty far...that's about all I remember for throwing :(

fos

Smash Cadet
thanks for the information and all the answers kokichi,,

as ive been reading, don't you think, at the first online connections, so many people will be using Kirby a lot?? i mean, he can be on air more time and the use of B down..

yaztaz

M.K

Level 55
Hey Kokichi, just one more little question.

Did you really get the full, deepest Wario Waft possible, and did it FEEL explosive? I mean, yeah, it didn't do that much damage, but he might've not been in the right spot...so how did it feel to you?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Well, I hadn't used it all fight, so I suppose it was as powerful as it could be, I'm not sure. I tried holding down B when I used it to see if I could charge it up, but to no avail. It seemed pretty small IMO, so if that was the fully charged one, the smaller ones should be petite.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Well, I hadn't used it all fight, so I suppose it was as powerful as it could be, I'm not sure. I tried holding down B when I used it to see if I could charge it up, but to no avail. It seemed pretty small IMO, so if that was the fully charged one, the smaller ones should be petite.
Shouldn't the Wario Waft automatically charge throughout the match?

"This particular special move builds up power the longer you go without using it." - Quote

Edit: Nevermind, I... didn't read your post right.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure people just need to practice is all. I mean, if this is pretty much the first time that we have played Brawl, we can't expect to do good right off the bat. ;)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It figures...they give the Japanese only character a non-Japanese voice...
Ya, the irony of it all! :laugh:

I think they mean Lucas has an American voice. Which wouldn't make sense seeing as it's the whole "Japan Only" thing.

Unless Mother's based is an American-like setting. Like Earthbound was.
Ya, that was odd.I bet Lucas *might* be playable if there is another demo. Maybe Snake once we get a Snake final smash update.

Rolling on the ground laughing, eh? Cool. I wonder what Wario's victory theme is? :O
That is AWSOME! And Kirby sounds great. I might pick him up again! :)

Thanks for the info Kokichi, but I have two question:

-Was there any one move on any particular charqacter(s) that stuck out in your mind=???

-Do you think the Summit is actually good=??? o_O

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
No one particular move stuck out in my mind. In one of the clips of fighting they showed Snake did his down-b (plants a mine) then grabbed the enemy (Sonic I think...) and did his down throw where he breaks his neck and lays him down on the ground. He did it right over the mine so as Sonic was lying there he got blown up. Thought that was a cool mini combo.

As for the Summit, it looked fun, but it also looked like it'll be all about camping next to the big block in the center of the stage so you can tech off of it if need be. The background seemed pretty cool though, with the iceberg speeding around.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Kokichi are you getting the game when it is released in Japan? If so are you gonna help us all out and create a nice little thread with all the goodies? :-D

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Kokichi are you getting the game when it is released in Japan? If so are you gonna help us all out and create a nice little thread with all the goodies? :-D
Not sure. I got back to the States on Sunday, and unfortunately I don't know anybody that has a Japanese Wii over here. I have friends back in Japan who would be more than happy to send me a copy of Brawl quickly, but if I don't have a Japanese Wii to play it on, it's kind of moot :(

i thought that was a standard attack? said something along those lines on the dojo...
Maybe it is, I'm not sure.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
i thought that was a standard attack? said something along those lines on the dojo...
It was ambiguously addressed, but I guess it leans more toward the Mine being a Smash Attack.

"It’s not just Snake’s special moves that use ordnance—so do his Smash attacks. Can that be?"

It was never officially clarified, however, and planting a mine and detonating it later makes much more sense as a Down Special than a Down Smash. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :ohwell:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No one particular move stuck out in my mind. In one of the clips of fighting they showed Snake did his down-b (plants a mine) then grabbed the enemy (Sonic I think...) and did his down throw where he breaks his neck and lays him down on the ground. He did it right over the mine so as Sonic was lying there he got blown up. Thought that was a cool mini combo.

As for the Summit, it looked fun, but it also looked like it'll be all about camping next to the big block in the center of the stage so you can tech off of it if need be. The background seemed pretty cool though, with the iceberg speeding around.
Well, the Sonice and Snake thing is going to be intresting, especially in the SSE. Anyways *on topic* The Snake down smash into a down grab...woaw...on Sonic. That sounds smart. Maybe his down smash will have some use yet! XD Unless..it really is his dB... TEH MINDGAMEZ! >_<

Good, because it looks fun. I'm possibly the only person in the world who enjoys Ice Climbers other then SKRAIIIIII! XD Hopefully the camping isn't a too big of a deal-like with Princess Peach's Castle in Melee-because it looks like it has potential to be a VERY FUN STAGE! :)

Hopefully it isn't TOO BAD, and isn't tournamen-banned (eventually). Kinda sounds like Skyworld with that middle area, in other words (minus living FOREVER!). XD

O, and thanks for the info! :) For some reason, The Summit looks intresting to me. Hopefully it doesn't confirm Sakurai will work on the next Al Gore film on Global Warming! :laugh:

Thanks a lot Kokichi for answering our questions.

Also, to those who are complaining about new info:

Stop. Seriously, the game comes out in a month in Japan, and the american release will follow soon after; you'll have plenty of information. Just be patient.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Wow i'm so glad something came out of Jumpfesta. Thanks kokichi!
I guess i'll have to wait and see how squirtle turns out :(

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
So a little blonde boy is talking in English? What is this non-sense, he should obviously be speaking Japanese since he is so obviously from that region.

Ironic that he has an English VA but is Japan only.
well he is a blond kid named Lucas

Top Bottom