• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JumpFesta Thread

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Figured I would start up a thread for the JumpFesta event going on right now in Japan. For those of you who go, post what you see from the Smash Bros Brawl booth here. Rehash or new material?

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
It's already started.

I checked the official website, but couldn't find any information on Brawl, all I saw was crappy Anime things which I don't watch.
Then what's that countdown on the official site of jump festa that's at 13 hrs?

mario66

Smash Cadet
I doubt it will be anything new. Probably just the E for All demo and that Subspace movie shown on the website today.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
It's already started.

I checked the official website, but couldn't find any information on Brawl, all I saw was crappy Anime things which I don't watch.

well duh. what else would u expect to find on an anime website

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
The countdown means nothing. It's only counting down towards the official start of JumpFesta, December 22, 2007 at 9 AM based on your computer's time.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
I was exploring Jump Festa's official website and I the only thing I could find related to Super Smash Bros. Brawl was this, http://www.jumpfesta.com/live/frame/nintendo/

It shows the Sonic in Brawl footage that we've already seen until and in this short video, he points to what is either the Brawl booth or the Nintendo booth alltogether. If someone could translate what this man is saying we might get some useful information.

Anyways, this proves Jump Festa is going on right now.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If anything good will come out of it, we'll at least get footage of Japanese Smashers in action. :bigthumbu

Luigi player

Smash Master
I hope that there will be new vids up ^^ I'm not so sure about other new stuff... probably not, but some new (good quality) vids would be enough for me.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't think it has started yet. That is if it starts at 9am and my calculation is correct. 2am here is 12pm in Japan of the next day (or same I guess). It's 9:15 here so it's only 7:15am there. I'm not sure. If I'm off, tell me.

Also, usually at events a trailer (could be about a minute or so) and a character is shown off. With the 4 events Brawl had: E3 2006, Nintendo World 2006, E3 2007 and Fall Conference 2007, a characters was shown (Fox, Donkey Kong and Sonic respectively excluding the first one which had the first 10 characters). A trailer might not happen this time as that may have been what today's update was. We'll have to see though. Hopefully, Falcon Monday :)

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
I'm there right now but I'm buying tiny tiny tiny food that is costing me a fortune at a resturant designed to look like a resturant from a certain anime.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Knowing Sakurai, we'll probably get reharsh info from E for All or from the DOJO site.

spindash

Smash Ace
I don't think it has started yet. That is if it starts at 9am and my calculation is correct. 2am here is 12pm in Japan of the next day (or same I guess). It's 9:15 here so it's only 7:15am there. I'm not sure. If I'm off, tell me.

Also, usually at events a trailer (could be about a minute or so) and a character is shown off. With the 4 events Brawl had: E3 2006, Nintendo World 2006, E3 2007 and Fall Conference 2007, a characters was shown (Fox, Donkey Kong and Sonic respectively excluding the first one which had the first 10 characters). A trailer might not happen this time as that may have been what today's update was. We'll have to see though. Hopefully, Falcon Monday :)
C'moooon new character or returning Veteran. XDD

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Okay guys I finished my super tiny meal now I'm walking around cosplaying as mr. poofy pajama pants from Naruto.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Don't you hate when you go into a thread expecting new info, but it's just a bunch of people asking for new info or talking about stuff that we already knew? ....Yeah.........

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Okay now I'm listening to theme songs from a bunch of animes and singing along to them pretending that I know japanese while showing off my mr. poofy pajama pants costume.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Yea yea yea I'm going to play brawl so I'm just saying what I'm doing right now so you guys can anticipate brawl stuff.

Okay I just went and bought some naruto choclate bars and now I'm taking pictures with other cosplayers I don't know.

Top Bottom