• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JumpFesta Thread

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Was anyone at least able to confirm Kirby's new moveset or is the search function just ******** for me. I wanna know if he really has Break Spin from Kirby Superstar as his running A

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Was anyone at least able to confirm Kirby's new moveset or is the search function just ******** for me. I wanna know if he really has Break Spin from Kirby Superstar as his running A
Its shown in the kirby peach vid unless you mean if it's confirmed as the dash attack?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Its shown in the kirby peach vid unless you mean if it's confirmed as the dash attack?
Yea I know that but it seems way too slow to be the original Break Spin. From my view it looked just like a basic recovery animation, unless I missed a vital fact in that vid.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I also want to see Kirby play in a match. But I suppose I can wait a few weeks till matchs in japan are leaked on youtube.

X-DS

Smash Cadet
No one particular move stuck out in my mind. In one of the clips of fighting they showed Snake did his down-b (plants a mine) then grabbed the enemy (Sonic I think...) and did his down throw where he breaks his neck and lays him down on the ground. He did it right over the mine so as Sonic was lying there he got blown up. Thought that was a cool mini combo.
Not that it's important at all, but it was a Snake vs. Link match.

After reading of that Up B "Wario Spin", didnt anyone else immediately think of this picture?

His midair moves make him fly?!

It does kinda look like he could be spinning here...
Wario is more vertical during his spin, taking an almost ballerina-like pose.

YOSHIANDLINK1

Smash Rookie
OMG...igo to the second SSBB trailer hwne they show them fighting on the haliberd before they show fox after wario getsa hit with the gerande he spins vertical in the air. is that it?

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Japan has some of the best technology, but no one managed to sneak 1 video?

What is the world coming too XD

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Not that it's important at all, but it was a Snake vs. Link match.
Ah, okay, thanks, I completely forgot :(

Japan has some of the best technology, but no one managed to sneak 1 video?

What is the world coming too XD
There were a lot of people around watching. And yeah, I guess now that I think about it, I probably could have got a video off of the big huge screen they had in front, but I guess the average Jump Festival goer wasn't totally into getting a ton of videos or anything to upload online. I doubt it was even well known that Brawl was playable there. Then again, there aren't nearly as many people in Japan that love Smash as there are in America, or at least none that are willing to go to the extent that the average SWF goer is, so I wouldn't hold them up to our standards ;)

X-DS

Smash Cadet
OMG...igo to the second SSBB trailer hwne they show them fighting on the haliberd before they show fox after wario getsa hit with the gerande he spins vertical in the air. is that it?
It's similar, but it's not really how I remember it. Whenever I did the move, it was straight vertical and seemed to have more height than that. There's a possibility they changed some of the physics of the move since the TGS video, or my memory could just be poor.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
So, I got to play Brawl on Sunday. I only got to play twice (each time you wait in line you get two games) because I had to leave right after that to catch my plane flight back to California. Some impressions / updates:

• First off, it was definitely a new demo version. You guys all know that. Wario and Kirby were in, DK and Sonic out (which kinda sucked, I really wanted to play as Sonic)
  • First off I noticed Bosnly was in as a pokemon...not sure if he was in at the E 4 All demo. Secondly, the Sandbag was an item. I don't think it did anything, just sort of sat there as Mario beat up on it
  • The videos they played for us did have Zelda, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucas fighting, as well as one of Snake. Lucas looked better than Ness, definitely had some different moves, though I can't really remember what, sorry. Pokemon Trainer's Ivysaur showed off his bullet seed and vine whip, as well as what I think his up-smash is (his vines spin around at a slant like a fan). Charizard was also shown doing a tail whip, then doing his final smash. IMO he actually looked pretty slow and not that good...Squirtle also looked really weak...I don't know if he's going to be the powerful character I was hoping for, we'll just have to see. Finally, Zelda's attacks that I saw (air up a, forward b, and up b) were all the same.
  • Extra stages playable were indeed the Summit (or whatever they call the top of the Ice Climber's mountain), the Wario Ware stage, and Temple.
  • For the Summit level I saw that if you were floating in the water for more than 2 seconds the giant fish would come and eat you. Wairo went straight down the water while on his motorcycle...that's about all i saw from other games being played
  • I played on Temple for my first fight. Chose Diddy, regular costume. First thing I realized was that Diddy's regular B is where he leaps at players...kinda useless. Also, his air up-a sucks, I couldn't kill a Kirby with 150% near the top of Temple. Barely sent him anywhere. Temple is the exact same as the Melee version, no different sizes on things, nothing's redone. I got to Sudden Death with a Yoshi but got cheaped under the Temple stage by the same 12 year old kid who chose Temple...sigh
  • Diddy Kong can wall jump, did so on Temple
  • Second match was on Wario Ware (the lady asked if anyone wanted to pick a stage so I raised my hand and this time chose a new stage so I could report on it). I chose Wario, regular costume, so we could have some new info on him as well. I noticed he only had like 4 costumes, one of which was a cool red and black one. Anyways, about the character. His B moves are:
  • B: Bite (he tries to bite the opponent, I think he moves forward a little, if you get them he'll chew on them for about 12% then spit them out)
  • Forward B: Motorcycle. Basically like Yoshi's egg but I think it comes out faster. Also once you get off it falls on the ground and you can pick it up and throw it at people, causing it break even more so you can pick up more pieces to throw. So yes, it looks like those kinds of "causing throwable items" moves will be more popular.
  • Up B: Wario Spin. He just spins up in the air...woopie. I think it hurts a little, not sure, never hit anyone with it
  • Down B: Wario Waft - Only got this off once, really. I tried to hold down the button to see if I could charge it but no good. He just farted and went about as high as you could go from one platform on the Wario Ware level to the one above you (not very far at all, like from the ground on Poke Stadium to the platform). Hurt Ike a little, but I don't think I got him in the full blast. Seemed pretty crappy
  • Other Wario impressions: I had a tougher time using him than Diddy. Granted the stage was smaller and the fight was more frantic, so I can't really say. His dash a (I think that's what it was), where he does a shoulder dash, seemed really powerful. His motorcycle, fart, and bite seemed hard to use, but again, that's only after one round with him
  • Wario Ware stage impressions: Basically it works like this. You start off on the main stage, which has four platforms, two on the left and two on the right, and the background is black with a door behind it. It's basically the screen inbetween the minigames in the Wario Ware games. You fight there for about 30 seconds, then once those 30 seconds or so pass, the screen opens up and the arena changes. It changes to one of the Wario Ware minigames, such as the raining with the umbrella and hte cat, where the ninja shoots arrows, etc. (those are the only two I remember, sorry). You can get hurt by the rain or the arrows, but I think what really matters if completeing the minigame. If you complete it (such as not getting hit by the arrows or staying under the umbrella), when the screen changes again back to the main stage, you get a big circle around you. Now, the first time I completed it and got a circle, immediately after me and the only other guy who also got a circle each grew bigger (like getting a free max mushroom). Another time, people with X's (people who didn't complete the minigame) shrunk. Now, I'm not sure if something bad ALWAYS happens, because I can only remember shrinking and growing, and even if I got an X or an O I didn't always grow, but whether or not I got another power-up and I just didn't know it, I don't know. Anyways, seemed like a really fun stage, but I bet it'll be banned in tournaments.
  • Gameplay impressions: Yes, much much slower, you fall at about half the speed. Also, I felt more like I was just a wall of damage moreso than a combo machine. But again, it was just after two battles, so I can't really say much. IMO it'll be awesome when it comes out.
Any word on PT's special moves?

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
We know that.
Neutral B is his bite, which can also take up items, side B is the bike, up B is the Wario Tornado (or something alike) which is similar to Donkey Kong's up B, and down B is the Wario Waft.

Top Bottom