• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JumpFesta Thread

Little Red Corvette

Smash Apprentice
[*]Second match was on Wario Ware (the lady asked if anyone wanted to pick a stage so I raised my hand and this time chose a new stage so I could report on it). I chose Wario, regular costume, so we could have some new info on him as well. I noticed he only had like 4 costumes, one of which was a cool red and black one.
So he did not have his Overalls costume at the demo, eh? This bodes well for Dr. Mario/Shadow/Dixie/Wolf possibilities.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Kokichi, I really need to know if you saw any Pikachu matches.

How were his b moves?

Is he less laggy?

Is ^smash A still deadly?

Is Down Smash A the new peach down A like everyone has said it has?

That in advance!

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Heh. But really, does this mean that 2:05-2:06 in http://youtube.com/watch?v=akKGaOIQ7Tc is Wario doing his Up B? I think I see the little circle that signals that a double jump was performed, but the person who went to the event said that Wario spins and the distance is fairly small and weak. In 2:05-2:06, Wario spins and goes a somewhat huge horizontal distance, but barely any vertical distance.
Sounds like DK's Up B doesn't it?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
@ my buddy Dyce:

I did get the Smash ball and tried to do his Smash attack but accidentally did his bike (again....>_<) and then got hit and lost the Smash ball, so unfortunately I didn't get to see it in action :(

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Was wario a heavy or light character cause he looks awkward in any videos ive seen of him and its real difficult to tell and How good is his rcovery?

M.K

Level 55
The Summit MIGHT be my new favorite stage! I love the music, the graphics are beautiful!

Kokichi, if you see this, did you see anyone get gulped by the Balloon Fighter Fishy? How exactly did that work?

Chepe

Smash Lord
After reading of that Up B "Wario Spin", didnt anyone else immediately think of this picture?

His midair moves make him fly?!

It does kinda look like he could be spinning here...

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
srry, i no a ton of people are asking questions, and i dont no if u answered this or not. if u had enough playing time on the summit stage, did u see how it gets back on top of the mountain?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Okay, so I take it that Wario ISN'T the Game and watch Replacement like people have been rumoring. Good, this bodes well for both of them. I plan on playing them both.

Also, I know that you probably haven't thought about this but do you think that eating projectiles/items with Bite could increase the potency of the Waft? Just a thought.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
You guys are really hassling the poor dude. When Gimpyfish went to E 4 All, he had a V.I.P. pass, and part of his crew to help him take notes. Kokichi played twice by himself, and is relaying everything by memory. So naturally, he's not going to be as informed as Gimpy was. be thankful that he's given us the info that he has.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
After reading of that Up B "Wario Spin", didnt anyone else immediately think of this picture?

His midair moves make him fly?!

It does kinda look like he could be spinning here...
I did, actually! The question then revolves around what Sakurai means by "midair moves"--his regular aerial attacks or ANY move performed in midair, including Special Moves? Time will tell, I suppose, but I did consider that possibility.

Thanks Aeris. Dammit that sucks, by the way. :dizzy:
Anytime, pal. :grin: Since Brawl has printed, though, expect plenty of impressions coming soon.

Chuc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0027-2288
What I:m actually very curious about is that there havn:t been any impression translations from Japanese blogs or BBSs like 2ch, because usually they:d be in the same sort of situation that the states was in during E-4-All. However.. the sheer amount of games featured at Jump Festa might have drowned anything brawl related.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Yeah, sorry, I read all your other questions, but to anyone who asked me a question after my last post, the answer is: I dunno. I did only get to play two rounds :(

I'd imagine that there aren't any video because of the number of people they had there...there seemed to be a guy in white at every corner. I'm sure if you were recording a match you'd be caught. They DID have a gigantic screen in front where they would play a live match every now and then, and I probably could have gotten away with recording a match or two there if I was back far enough, but right after my two fights I had to leave to catch my flight back to the US :(

Also, I'd imagine that there isn't as much news about Brawl on the Japanese sites because it wasn't really advertised as much. People who went to Jump Fest went mainly because of anime, not because of Brawl like me :)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for the impressions, dude.

NOT looking forward to seeing people find "game breaking" physics...-_-;
Manipulating cheap crap will keep me far away from online play...

I'm hoping the characters are more balanced than it seems right now and it's just hard to tell since people haven't had lots of time to sit down with it.

icymatt

Smash Lord
What I could make out: two of the posters saw Duster (from Mother 3) and Rosalina (from Super Mario Galaxy) as Assist Trophies.

Top Bottom