• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JumpFesta Thread

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
It is kind of dumb to be rude and wave off someone as lying when they don't even try to put bull**** that would demand pics.

If he was like "Megaman was playable!" it is understandable, but he was claiming all reasonable things and nothing new.
Agreed. I think some people owe Chuc an apology. lol
Though I'm sure some people can't even be mature enough to do that.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Thanks a bunch Chuc.

We'll have to keep a look out for some more stuff. It isn't like E for All where everyone can go and get impressions. This is all the way in Japan, so naturally, pictures and screenshots are rarer.

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
The first link didn't say something special; It said they had a turnament and the winner won the "The Wii original bag present ".
They also said there were many peoples that wanted to play it, and they talked a bit about the game (4 player, that Sonic and Snake is in and so on....) nothing special.

The other link didn't say much either, it was about release date and about how hard Nintendo had worked on the game. They also talked a bit about "Mario & Sonic: In The Olympic Games" in the SSBB article.

Nothing new. :ohwell:

Misaj

Smash Rookie
And based off the list of companies at the bottom of that card (thanks, Chuc!), no new third parties are confirmed/leaked.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ugh, someone actually take pictures of the NEW stuff for crying out loud.
I'm sure there is nothing new, that one picture of the roster, though far away, had the EXACT same number of characters as E for All...so I'm betting it's the same

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
jump fest sound better then E4 all because there were two more characters and two more stages according to chuc and the booth babes were actually nice and not the annoying b*****s the were at E4all but to bad sonic wasn't there.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Well, I keep hearing about Kirby and Wario and I'm pretty sure they weren't playable
We already established that the Jump Festa demo is different than the E for All demo. Kirby and Wario are playable. Sonic and DK are not.

And seriously, I have to agree with you guys. You mean to tell me that NOBODY got ANY kind of footage from JumpFesta? I understand that photography and video was banned but unless they confiscated everyone's cell phones before they came in, I'd at least expect SOME kind of footage or actual photos of Kirby or Wario fighting (ICs too? I can't remember if Chuc said they were playable or not).

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible the footage has been uploaded to a Japanese YouTube equivalent, and that we're all just looking in the wrong places?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Is it possible the footage has been uploaded to a Japanese YouTube equivalent, and that we're all just looking in the wrong places?

I think YouTube is international, as I found other Jump Festa videos on it.

Just none involving Brawl.

Chuc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0027-2288
IC:s weren:t playable, they were featured in a string of gameplay videos they had repeating on the screens above us while we waited for our turn, along with Zelda and Lucas.

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
It's perfectly reasonable to think that Brawl videos were not taken: from the look of the couple screenshots we've got, the Brawl demo areas were fairly open, which would make concealing a camera a bit more difficult and perhaps the booth babes were much more vigilant. =P Besides, if they really cracked down on video with threats of fines or even expulsion from the event ... are you really going to risk your wallet and your chance to play Brawl for the sake of a shaky, out-of-focused, poorly-angled 2-minute Brawl video?

However, even if we can't get new videos, I'd love to know what Wario's up-B and neutral-B are if anyone knows.

Top Bottom