• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JumpFesta Thread

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
If Chuc's info is false then it's a really good lie because it sounds possible.

And hippo.. that's getting really old and annoying. If it's not funny the first time, it certainly won't be funny the next 50 times.

Edit: SmashChu confirmed.

Now I really wish someone would be bold enough to sneak a video. Hell even a cell phone video would be great. I'm curious as to how well Kirby plays this time around.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ok, props to ChronoBound because he gave the link to Nintendo Times. They had siome impressions. It's all in Japanese so I tried to tackle it with the crappy translator. What I can tell you is what has been said is true.

-Wario is playable. They also mention a veteran "Cara" is also playable, which I assume is Kirby.
-Mentions something about "The temple" and summit so those may both be courses
-" Cara Fox was first, and Link, Mario tried, " I guess he tried Kirby and Fox first, then Link and Mario. Or it describes a match

That's all I can really get. If anyone wants to either translated it or try to read though it be my guest.

[URL="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://wii-ds.com/article/73980098.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://wii-ds.com/article/73980098.html%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG"]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://wii-ds.com/article/73980098.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://wii-ds.com/article/73980098.html%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG[/URL]
Sounds great ^^ nice idea to use a translator XD

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Okay now me and my friend are trying to do Ninja fighting right now since I'm dressed as mr. poofy pajama pants and hes dressed as orange hair sword guy and were taking pictures with the booth babes who obviously hate us but pretend to like us anyways. Who thinks i should play some brawl now?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Oh man, a semi-troll telling another troll to stop. That's bad. You may want to call it quits Hippo. Funny at first, but now it's just dull.

Now, somethings I forgot to mention.
-They said they'd get pictures
-They mentioned all the characters. They did say Wario and Kirby were both in but Sonic and DK are not.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Oh man, a semi-troll telling another troll to stop. That's bad. You may want to call it quits Hippo. Funny at first, but now it's just dull.

-They mentioned all the characters. They did say Wario and Kirby were both in but Sonic and DK are not.
Sonic and DK...meh.

I'm really interested in how Wario plays. He seems just completely bizarre, and I would love to hear about the rest of his Special Moves.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, but another little change. Cara is not Kirby, but Character. He does mention Kirby seperatly.

ChaoticTH

Smash Ace
Some town in USA Georgia Mains: Falco and Yoshi _

So just because I say Samurai Panda: Final Smash, I'm automatically considered half-troll. How ********. :dizzy:

Edit: So the Cara could be an unrevealed veteran?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So just because I say Samurai Panda: Final Smash, I'm automatically considered half-troll. How ********. :dizzy:

Well, it does become a tad..."spammish." :ohwell:

And "Cara" is probably a misromanization of "Kyara" (written in katakana as キャラ), a common abbreviation of the Japanese "Kyarakuta" (character).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

I think you did troll the theory thread as every post for a while was "Samurai Panda: Final Smash". I'm not trying to be mean though.

And Cara is just Character. The poster above me mentioned that.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
They could just be using it in a sentence. Ya know like "there were fourteen playable characters" and what have you.
Yeah, that's how they used it.

There could still be a characters Monday. Maybe. It usually happens with events. They could have shown a characters via the trailers shown at the event (there is a new one) but we'll have to see.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I really honestly doubt there is a new Trailer, because Sakurai just unleashed the Subspace Trailer.
That would mean they probably showed that trailer, and we mistranslate it into "NEW TRAILER WITH ALL CHARACTERS AND CAPTAIN FALCON AND RIDLEY". :p

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
You could take pictures of the character selection screen and the arenas selection screen.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
I really don;t want to attempt pulling apart soe badly-translated Japanese for information you've all already guessed. =P All I'm interested in is how the new levels play, if there were any, and the other character's moves. I assume that DK's FS will need timing, like Jungle Beat and the othewr games like that, and hopfully doing it right will make it a very powerful attack. More effort to use an attack normally means it's potential is a lot greater.

An interesting note; will there be an update on Christmas day? Or even Christmas week? Does Japan even celebrate some sort of Winter festival?

Chuc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0027-2288
Oh hey, more proof. Would you look at that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SirChuc/008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SirChuc/007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SirChuc/006.jpg

Nothing new was revealed in the booklet they handed out though.
Sorry but.. The smash community has disappointed me greatly. I didn:t spend 400 yen typing that report for nothing ;)

I didn:t get a chance to play the demo on the second day, as I had other plans with my Japanese contact, but.. from all the live feed videos and watching the people play in the booths, Kirby was winning quite a lot of the time. His final smash is pretty ownage in that it sucks players from a certain radius (but its large enough to cover an entire stage barring huge stages like New Pork etc), and it spits out healing items depending on how many opponents you suck in. You can also perform it in the air.

I only saw Wario:s final once, and it didn:t particularly stand out to me, sorry for not paying enough attention.

Chuc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0027-2288
Sure, sorry for that.
One thing though, could you be a little more.. polite?

Sorry Agent, that was all I took. By the way, the event is over so I:m an exhausted source of new pics.

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
Sure, sorry for that.
One thing though, could you be a little more.. polite?

Sorry Agent, that was all I took. By the way, the event is over so I:m an exhausted source of new pics.
yes i can =)

Chuc, could you be so kind as to get pics of the character and stage selection screens? Thank you!!

edit: **** it's over =/

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
It is kind of dumb to be rude and wave off someone as lying when they don't even try to put bull**** that would demand pics.

If he was like "Megaman was playable!" it is understandable, but he was claiming all reasonable things and nothing new.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
It is necessary to actually use timing to enhance DK's FS, making it quite devestating.
Wow, I haven't seen you since the Ice Climber Stage was announced!
Too bad the Nintendo forums went down... I saw you all the time on there.

And with my translation skills, I can see that yes, Wario was playable, and the guy writing the description is teed off that Lucas wasn't playable (his favorite series character).
And he did say that there was a video, and it shown an "aggressive-looking Lucas".

I guess it could always just have been the Subspace movie we got on Friday.

Top Bottom