• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JumpFesta Thread

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Dressed as Mr. Poofy Pajama Pants, pretending you're Japanese even though you don't know a single word of it, and thinking that eating Japanese food makes you "cooler" --
--I think you just summed up all the dubbies in America. Nice job!
XD QFT!

I hope they unveil SOMETHING new by the end of JumpFesta... that guy (for whom I'm too lazy to check for a name) said something about new Snake footage, right?

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Is there ANY vids or the like of it? I believe some of this, but nothing's official until we see it.
And Samuraipanda, this demo, if it's different, could prove you wrong with a new "theoracy" by someone else... and I slightly agree with you (I feel horrible, and I don't think "Moderator" means I have to agree, like some people.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
XD QFT!

I hope they unveil SOMETHING new by the end of JumpFesta... that guy (for whom I'm too lazy to check for a name) said something about new Snake footage, right?
Yeah, he said Snake was there... but who really knows for sure?
I personally would rather be in the "Jump Stage" area of Jump Festa, watching Eiichiro Oda...

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Dressed as Mr. Poofy Pajama Pants, pretending you're Japanese even though you don't know a single word of it, and thinking that eating Japanese food makes you "cooler" --
--I think you just summed up all the dubbies in America. Nice job!
I can't tell if the joke went over your head or you're joking yourself.

User33

Smash Journeyman
The Warioware stage wasn't playable, it was just shown in a video.

And reports from sources other then an 11 post n00b have said that the demo is exactly the same as the E4All demo.

In short, Chuc is a liar.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
How can someone with 87 posts call someone else an 11-pos n00b?

I am n00b, u are n00b, we all are n00b!

Until I see video, I'm not making any assumptions.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Oh well....let's just hope they don't delay it again.

Also, I can't watch thosevids from here. Any vids of DKs FS actually working?

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Okay guys it looks like you want me to buy Naruto dolls instead of playing brawl.

Okay, so when I get in I'm gonna do wapanese stuff then go buy Naruto dolls.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Nothing on Yotube yet. Or anywhere else except some half-baked first impressions. I woul be happy with some new footage to watch, new info or not.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
I just found out cameras are banned at this event with a harsh fine to whomever breaks these rules, so there will probably be no real footage of this event, just pictures.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I just found out cameras are banned at this event with a harsh fine to whomever breaks these rules, so there will probably be no real footage of this event, just pictures.
They were banned at E 4 All, so why are those guys chickining out?

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
So everyone wants new info, but when someone DOES post new info everyone shoots him down?

Wtf?

One picture proves that its the same demo how?

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Maybe since the event is just getting under way there may ot be new news, or vids..we may get some when this thing gets going some more...same for e for all..i saw cameras and everything later on in the day..

EDIT: Where's this new info and pic..?

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
They were banned at E 4 All, so why are those guys chickining out?
Was there a fine for having cameras at E For All? Even if there was, remember that Japan works differently, and JumpFest might be much less lenient about it.

It's easy to call it cowardly when you have no knowledge of the situation.

Uoaei

Smash Rookie
I personally don't care about any new info that might be in the demo, but rather the opinions of the Japanese players on the Brawl characters. I don't think we'll find any of that though.

Hyperfan

Smash Apprentice
Was there a fine for having cameras at E For All? Even if there was, remember that Japan works differently, and JumpFest might be much less lenient about it.

It's easy to call it cowardly when you have no knowledge of the situation.
I got my balls bitten off by the guards at that E for All booth for taking pictures, but they can't fine you for bringing YOUR property to a convention.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
I got my balls bitten off by the guards at that E for All booth for taking pictures, but they can't fine you for bringing YOUR property to a convention.
In America. At E For All.

If it explicitly says there's a fine, then there's a fine. Do you think they'd be lying about it?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I personally don't care about any new info that might be in the demo, but rather the opinions of the Japanese players on the Brawl characters. I don't think we'll find any of that though.
ChronoBound lurks Japanese message boards so you can see if he can lend a hand. I also assume someone will take footage of it. It may just be harder to find. Impressions help too.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm there right now. Day number 2. Right now I'm just doing wapanese stuff and buying an extremely tiny and overpriced breakfest. Maybe I'll play brawl.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
I also went, Saturday`s event finished today at around 5pm Japan time. I had to wait almost half an hour to get my turn, but when I was in line, they were replaying gameplay footage over and over。These were the things I noticed.

Seriously, when I decided to follow a friend to Jump Festa, I SERIOUSLY did not realise Brawl would be there. So bear with me.. I was awestruck, oh and this is coming from an Australian with little Japanese experience..

- Saw Zelda, Ice Climbers and Lucas in action via the prerecorded gameplay videos. Zelda didn't use any other specials other than Farore's Wind and Din's Fire, no transformations.. Ice Climbers and Lucas likewise, nothing new in terms of abilities that we already know, plus they all SEEM to play much like their Melee counterparts (but don't take my word for it, I'm not an analytical smasher and can't analyse from videos).

- On the back of the ticket we got was printed the icons from the series.. nothing new =P

- The demo had changes to the E 4 All demo, like Kirby and Wario were playable but Sonic wasn't. Kirby's hammer swing seemed a bit shorter in range than in melee. Wario was quite smooth but had animation qualities reminescent of G&W. His bike you can throw, but its throwing range is tiny and seemed a little ineffectual.

- The Summit was playable. The whole stage seemed like a comment on global warming as the summit would break off, the stage sliding, but its really easy to remain on the platforms. The peak would land in water and float, with the Balloon Man.. fish.. occasionally swiping the bottom. The peak then moves to a colder region and the water level drops a bit and the rest of the mountain refreezes resetting the stage.

- Wario Ware was playable. Its layout is simple, but I had no idea what was going on as I couldn`t understand what to do.

- Statues in Castle Siege were destroyable, greatly simplifying the 2nd level layout.

- The Booth Babes were very very very very very very very friendly and nice. Dozo dozo~

Going back tomorrow.

So can ayone actually prove this as false??

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Ok, props to ChronoBound because he gave the link to Nintendo Times. They had siome impressions. It's all in Japanese so I tried to tackle it with the crappy translator. What I can tell you is what has been said is true.

-Wario is playable. They also mention a veteran "Cara" is also playable, which I assume is Kirby.
-Mentions something about "The temple" and summit so those may both be courses
-" Cara Fox was first, and Link, Mario tried, " I guess he tried Kirby and Fox first, then Link and Mario. Or it describes a match

That's all I can really get. If anyone wants to either translated it or try to read though it be my guest.

[URL="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://wii-ds.com/article/73980098.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://wii-ds.com/article/73980098.html%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG"]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://wii-ds.com/article/73980098.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://wii-ds.com/article/73980098.html%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG[/URL]

Top Bottom