• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Still wish I predicted Shovel Knight before he was leaked. ._.
You know what they say, you can't predict Sakurai.

The RTC thread has been doing it for two years by now and has failed. Consistently.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't wait the post-ballot era to come, then all these discussions will finally end.

I miss the pre-Smash 4 era, when each one was eager with each newcomer announcement and speculations.

Now it's trash talk on trash talk, not only in the RTC thread, but in this one as well, and everywhere, especially when it's about indies.
The day I will say that Smash has lost its 'magic' is when it will include content from anything that doesn't originate from a video game, and from a rival manufacturer like Sony and Microsoft (minus Banjo and other Rare characters who has at least a past with Nintendo).

For now, I don't see the problem to include another third-party or a indie character beside a new Nintendo character.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
A reason why ypu should look at bluepikmins roster and vote bayonetta is to see the interwebs have a happy meltdown again. Would generate more hype than Ryu.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Not being a Smash amiibo does not mean it will not work on Smash!
This is very true. Although it's worth noting that every non smash amiibo that works with smash has a smash amiibo version as well. However, that's not to say that won't change in the future.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Didn't the Shovel Knight leak mention something like "K.Rool's chances are basically none and only 2 more DLC characters"? Would this coming true, confirm those if Shovel Knight ends up being announced today/tomorrow?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Not being a Smash amiibo does not mean it will not work on Smash!
While that's true, I don't see this boding well for his chances. I mean, if Shovel Knight was actually planned or seriously being considered for Smash, why not just make a traditional Smash amiibo that has functionality with his game? Making a Shovel Knight amiibo strictly for his game now would suggest that there are no current plans to have Shovel Knight in Smash.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You know what they say, you can't predict Sakurai.
Right, it's been clear ever since Gematsu made the incorrect predictions about Chrom and the Chorus Kids being playable characters.

Anyway, about this Shovel Knight thing. I'm not 100% convinced it's real or fake, but if he does happen, I'd gladly purchase his DLC whenever possible.

Didn't the Shovel Knight leak mention something like "K.Rool's chances are basically none and only 2 more DLC characters"? Would this confirm those?
Not necessarily... didn't that guy who said those things recently "backpedal" by saying that his statements were just speculation?

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Kinda hope shovel knight get in now.Just to take down a bunch of fan-made rules and this amiibo totally helps his cause

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I just don't want Shovel Knight in Smash but I would buy him if he became dcl. Very happy indie amiibo finnally exist,

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I felt as if people are taking DLC and Smash way too serious sometimes. When it comes to DLC, I don't mind whoever gets in to be honest. As for Shovel Knight, I don't mind him at all. I just picked up playing his game again. Yet again, I can be sometimes classified as an old school gamer.

Last edited:

WhiteChocolateThunder

Smash Rookie
Characters I want for DLC in order
1. Beat (JSR)
2. Shantae
3. Isaac (Golden Sun)
4. Prince/Magus (Prince of Persia: Falling King)
5. Wolf
6. Waluigi

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
First of all, give an explanation to why, I haven't accessed the net in a while so I don't know any details since yesterday, second, how the **** would it be 'a close call'?
The amiibo isn't part of the Smash line. Simple enough answer. And it's a close call, since the way Yacht Club was talking about it, it seemed like he had a real chance of getting in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The amiibo isn't part of the Smash line. Simple enough answer. And it's a close call, since the way Yacht Club was talking about it, it seemed like he had a real chance of getting in.
That's not really how you use 'a close call' though. It would imply you had any impact. It means that something happened to change it. If anything, saying 'that's a relief' would have been better. I personally don't care if Shovey's playable or not

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please reopen the thread for Dr. Lobe? He recently got spoiled as a costume in Super Mario Maker, which theoretically helps his chances.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
no one has explained to me why the amiibo kills shovel kngiht changes and why him getting in is such a bad thing

Morbi

Scavenger
"I don't want him in over my favourite character!"
That's it really.
The other reason is extremely obvious and probably not worth mentioning, but some people just do not want him in the game because they are not interested in his character. Whether or not that is the result of the perception that he is not "deserving" or perhaps that they would prefer a more "Nintendo" character (some third party characters are closely associated with Nintendo and therefore are on that players radar). We have limited DLC slots and to some, this is a character that they might skip because they never played his game to achieve any relevant attachment to the character. Last I heard, it could be really outdated, the sales figures were around 700,000. So there are a LOT of people who play Smash that have not played Shovel Knight. I am one of them. That being said, I want to play it now. I will probably get the physical copy.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The other reason is extremely obvious and probably not worth mentioning, but some people just do not want him in the game because they are not interested in his character. Whether or not that is the result of the perception that he is not "deserving" or perhaps that they would prefer a more "Nintendo" character (some third party characters are closely associated with Nintendo and therefore are on that players radar). We have limited DLC slots and to some, this is a character that they might skip because they never played his game to achieve any relevant attachment to the character. Last I heard, it could be really outdated, the sales figures were around 700,000. So there are a LOT of people who play Smash that have not played Shovel Knight. I am one of them. That being said, I want to play it now. I will probably get the physical copy.
I was more addressing the really salty reactions any how.
I feel it's still a bit too early for Shovel Knight to be in but he'd certainly be great nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom