• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Turazrok

Smash Master
Press printscreen

go to paint

paste

save image

upload to imgur

copy pasta image url in image brackets

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
it sounds kinda average. Honestly, I wouldn't pay more than 200k but i could see others paying up to 500k. Hatred regen isn't that useful. I payed a lot for a +10 discipline quiver with dex, vit and a socket

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I thought if quivers didn't have + (at least 7? preferably 10) discipline, high crit, and high IAS with dex and a socket they really weren't worth anything.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Idk how to take a screenshot but I found a DH quiver with 14 AS, 135 dex, 72 vit, 31 str, increased hate regen by 1.02 per sec, 1 socket and im trying to sell for around 2m on AH. You guys think thats a good price?

oh and health globes grant +4k hp
Just press printscreen and then open Documents->Diablo 3->Screenshots.

Hardcore Belial cleared by a Barb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itZ945AR9lk&feature=g-u-u

Not sure if any else has done this yet.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Alright so my Monk just made it to hell. Since my WD taught me that everything 1-3H KOs you, I'm assuming the Health Regen Route isn't the way to go...

So I should go the Evasion way? With Mantra/Cyclone/Dash/Dual Weilding that's 30% + 20 3 sec 20%. At my best I'd be at 80% Eva. If I added the 30% Crit>Eva buff, I'd have 84%ish, though that seems a waste. I'd also have to spam Dash/Cyclone, though I could do that..

Any ideas?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Press printscreen

go to paint

paste

save image

upload to imgur

copy pasta image url in image brackets
This is what I typically do but it just kept showing my desktop background when I tried doing this with D3.

it sounds kinda average. Honestly, I wouldn't pay more than 200k but i could see others paying up to 500k. Hatred regen isn't that useful. I payed a lot for a +10 discipline quiver with dex, vit and a socket
hmm ok, I had looked up similar quivers though and they were showing up from 2-5m range. This is like one of my most valuable loot that I have found so far so I didnt want to undercut too much from what I saw.

I thought if quivers didn't have + (at least 7? preferably 10) discipline, high crit, and high IAS with dex and a socket they really weren't worth anything.
I thought the highest IAS for quivers was 15. The reason I thought this one was worth something is because the high dex and what I thought was nearly capped IAS for a quiver. It does lack crit and discipline though.

Just press printscreen and then open Documents->Diablo 3->Screenshots.

Hardcore Belial cleared by a Barb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itZ945AR9lk&feature=g-u-u

Not sure if any else has done this yet.
Thank you, this worked. Here's a pic: http://imgur.com/ap7C2

Item sucks ton of useless stats, DH looking for Dex, Crit and Discipline regen.
I thought the only useless stat on this was the str. I mean sure health globes and the hatred thing aren't that great, but I was thinking the dex,vit and ias would make it worth something.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll lower the price a lot if nobody buys it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
All quivers have ias, and I believe 14% is characteristic of a certain ilvl or item type and not an actual stat roll like dex

bassem6

Smash Lord
Is there any site that lists the max possible values for different attributes of gear? That would be quite a nice reference to have...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If you get at the base lots of +vit and +dex gear, youll be fine if you play good.

Umm...okay, another noob question: How does Armor work? When I read it, it says that it gives 50% dmg off of things my level. Well..that seems useless.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ so yeah, does Armor really not do anything unless your foes are the same level? That's what it says when I click on it, lol.

"Resistance to all elements" on that passive skill. Like thunder, fire, etc... or does that go even further like to physical and arcane, etc?

Player-3

Smash Hero
armor applies to things that arent ur same level but at a diminished rate (if they are higher level)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Ah...now that makes sense. So Armor does mean something. <.<

I was doing nightmare so I could hardly tell when I took "Seize the Initiative" off.

So "One with everything"

I have +200 All Resistances

I have +50 Fire, making 250.

Does that make everything 250? If so, shouldn't monk just stack the cheapest resistance?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
To get the most resistance per piece you'd stack All resist+ a single resist on every piece.

Lovage

Smash Hero
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4552958538

pretty shocking news if true, the idea that loot is progressively getting ****tier across the board as more and more people farm inferno and try to milk the AH is very distressing to me.

pretty much takes all the wind out of my sails in terms of farming up/gearing my main lol, this could also mean the game is insanely fun + rewarding in 2 years when most of the playerbase has moved on to other games

softcore = RUINED time to live da hardcore life

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
That topic is people taking things way out of topic, what the blue post originally said was the drop rate is lower in D3 than in D2 because the AH makes it so much easier to move gear.

Certain areas have gotten hotfixed and had their item tables nerfed, but I havent seen any worse drops overall.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yea lol, i read thru the rest of the thread and take back most of what i said

curious as to how drop rates are treating u guys (anyone thats been in act 3/4 for a while)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Personnally I felt a huge difference that happened during last week, and I was only in nightmare.

And that thread you linked is mostly a whine fest yeah, but it leads to this blue post :
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150112701?page=2#33
If the AH existed but wasn't a factor at all into how items dropped/rolled, the economy would be completely tanked within a matter of weeks.
I'm not sure if I understand fully what it means but I sure don't like the sound of it.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was under the impression that they lowered the drop rate of items across the board because ActiBlizz wants to milk as much as they can from the real money auction house. I don't believe drop rates are dynamically controlled by the auction house.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
yea lol, i read thru the rest of the thread and take back most of what i said

curious as to how drop rates are treating u guys (anyone thats been in act 3/4 for a while)
Item sold for 45 mil on AH, I made a 38 mil profit, so yeah.. the game been treating me well. People are just stupid. OH no my 800 dps 1 hander or my 1100 2 handers aren't selling. My drops must suck. No.. people just want better item quality. People are now looking for 1 handers with 100+ dual stats and an open socket instead of a vanilla 800 dps 1 hander. With so many different prefix and suffix property, of course a majority of the drops are going to suck. People are crying on how they can't exploit easy farm areas anymore and now are unable to make money.

Kal

Smash Champion
Here is a Design Preview for 1.03. Big things are the removal of damage scaling to the number of players (a good thing, in my opinion, as tankier classes can actually be of use in co-op now), overwhelming reduction of price for combining gems (note now that "vendor everything lower than Flawless Square" is no longer the right thing to do), and an increase in repair price. Also they are going to nerf Inferno.

Here is the gem crafting layout:

Gem Quality|Previous Cost|New Cost
Flawed|3 Chipped + 500 gold|2 Chipped + 10 gold
Normal|3 Flawed + 750 gold|2 Flawed + 25 gold
Flawless|3 Normal + 1250 gold|2 Normal + 40 gold
Perfect|3 Flawless + 2000 gold + 1 Page|2 Flawless + 55 gold + 1 Page
Radiant|3 Perfect + 3500 gold + 2 Pages|2 Perfect + 70 gold + 2 Pages
Square|3 Radiant + 7500 gold + 1 Tome|2 Radiant + 85 gold + 1 Tome
Flawless Square|3 Square + 20,000 gold + 2 Tomes|2 square + 100 gold + 2 Tomes

Wish I hadn't vendored all those gems now. >_<

Oh, and there are going to be new drop rates.

Item|Hell Act III and IV|Inferno Act I|Inferno Act II|Inferno Act III/IV
iLvl 61|9%|18%|19%|24%
iLvl 62|2%|8%|12%|16%
iLvl 63|0%|2%|4%|8%

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm still stuck farming act 1. I can't do act 2. Its kinda lame. sitting at almost 1mil from selling act 1 stuff

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, they are hoping to encourage people to do more than boss runs. Personally, I preferred the way it was done in D2, but that was probably more due to the itemization than anything inherent in killing the same boss over and over. Hopefully, with the increased drop rates across the board, itemization improves over all. Though we still have to wait for them to fix legendaries, which is a huge bummer.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, I was under the impression that they lowered the drop rate of items across the board because ActiBlizz wants to milk as much as they can from the real money auction house. I don't believe drop rates are dynamically controlled by the auction house.
I was actually thinking the exact opposite. Blizzard wants to make sure that the market isn't filled with OR completely void of movement speed boots, high DPS cold damage crossbows, 40% MF amulets, etc. So they made it so the AH takes into account prices of items and how many of them sell, so they can adjust supply to compensate for changing demand.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they've been gently nerfing certain farm spots, just enough so that people wouldn't notice (outside of the usual "I killed a zombie and he didn't drop 5 rares wtf blizzard").

Kal

Smash Champion
Wave, I was merely going off a blue post I read somewhere that explained that the drop rates are not dynamically controlled by the auction house. Of course, we can't know for sure, since the information is all Blizzard-side, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out they lowered drop rates when there was an influx of something, so that they could try and keep its price high enough to ensure a good Blizzard-rake on the real money auction house.

Here are the patch notes for today's minor patch, by the way. Nothing major, except damaged items can now be sold on the auction house, and the removal of the ability to skip acts. Thanks for making the grind even worse, Blizzard.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I never saw a HR drop in D2 :(. Ever. I feel like finding better items is easier in d3(I'm using a lot of the items I found for act 3 inferno currently with barb) but find the best gear is harder(I found plenty of shakos/shaftstops/occys etc). This is all from just my personal experience lol I don't know how the drop rates compare. I just know HRs were bull**** to find.

Edit: Not being able to skip acts sucks :(. I usually just skip act 2 when I'm leveling because its boring.

Kal

Smash Champion
High Runes were more common in certain places (particularly the Act IV quests where you destroyed Mephisto's Soulstone). If you were doing a lot of Baal runs or (Cow runs before patch 1.10), you wouldn't see a lot of High Runes.

Also, Diablo II's itemization was more than High Runes, even after 1.10. The Runewords were great, and added a lot of fun mechanical affixes (Enigma comes to mind, of course), but there were also great uniques all over the place, many of which were obviously designed with specific classes and build-types in mind (Occulus, Stormshield, etc.). I bet the majority of players, even those who take Diablo III quite seriously, are hard-pressed to name a single Legendary item, or even the names of their gear. It's disappointing to me that I would be better off saving a few million gold to buy a generic bow off of the auction house than to find or barter (or even buy off the auction house, though this auction house really just turns off the Diablo aesthetic for me) for a Legendary bow like the Windforce in Diablo II.

But hopefully this changes with Patch 1.10. Legendaries being buffed is a good thing, but I would have expected a game with a four-year development time to have better, more gratifying itemization out of the box.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
My wizzard skipped Act 2 and 3 on Normal, 1 2 and 3 on nightmare, and 1 2 and 3 on hell. I hope Im not forced to go back and complete those, as its only 56.

Kal

Smash Champion
I hope it's not retroactive. But the worst case scenario is you would just need someone to take you to those bosses, I think, since you are probably still able to skip the quests within each act.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
High Runes were more common in certain places (particularly the Act IV quests where you destroyed Mephisto's Soulstone). If you were doing a lot of Baal runs or (Cow runs before patch 1.10), you wouldn't see a lot of High Runes.

Also, Diablo II's itemization was more than High Runes, even after 1.10. The Runewords were great, and added a lot of fun mechanical affixes (Enigma comes to mind, of course), but there were also great uniques all over the place, many of which were obviously designed with specific classes and build-types in mind (Occulus, Stormshield, etc.). I bet the majority of players, even those who take Diablo III quite seriously, are hard-pressed to name a single Legendary item, or even the names of their gear. It's disappointing to me that I would be better off saving a few million gold to buy a generic bow off of the auction house than to find or barter (or even buy off the auction house, though this auction house really just turns off the Diablo aesthetic for me) for a Legendary bow like the Windforce in Diablo II.

But hopefully this changes with Patch 1.10. Legendaries being buffed is a good thing, but I would have expected a game with a four-year development time to have better, more gratifying itemization out of the box.

I did countess runs and ran my hell forge(didn't run other peoples). Highest I ever got was an ist(which I guess counts but c'mon :/). My sorc had 600ish MF though I'm not sure that mattered for HRs.

The items for the most part aren't that good lol. The legendaries aren' all horrible though stormshield is still really amazing, firewalkers, ring of the obsidian, justice lantern, and others are very viable and good inferno items. There isn't a single good legendary weapon though :( and still way less viable ones than d2.

Top Bottom