• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

bassem6

Smash Lord
Rant incoming.

This game can be complete and total bull****.

First thing, ****ing treasure goblins? Forget about it if there's more than a few monsters in the room. With no way to goddam lock on to something, you ****ing get stuck behind all this **** and he just runs away, posts "trollface.jpg" on your facebook wall, then teleports away to get his 70-something virgins.

Elite packs? No ****ing way. Look at this ****:

This **** ***** me. And this **** isn't even GOOD. Goddam fire chains and goddam teleporter make them total *****es. They just launch mortars at you and run like hillary clintons until they get you between them then they just fire chain it up all night. Wanna hit them? Nah, they'll teleport away from you and activate their goddam fire chains again.

And after you ****ing kill these *****es? Good loot? No thanks, just this **** EVERY TIME:

Why the **** is the game still dropping this ****ty ****? And when it's not ****ty **** like that, it's ****ing QUIVERS ALL DAY.

LOOK AT THIS **** MAN

Plague teleporting illusionists? HELL NO

>:[

edit: **** vortex and nightmare. I don't like when **** can control my character. Not cool.
Gotta say...this is the first swf post in a long time that made me laugh out loud. You should rant more often. 70 virgins...that's funny.

:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
dude i'll take that axe.
HA!

I like this guy.

Anyway...

So I've resorted to leveling other characters besides the Monk, for those reasons exactly, Jumpman. I love the Monk. But it feels like there's a big gap between what you can and can't handle with the monk and how they need to be geared. Not to mention our skills are rather... Lackluster in a lot of ways.

Look at it this way:

Barb is meant to tank Like a Boss™.
Wizards/Witch Doctors are Heavy Magic Glass Cannons.
Demon Hunter is a Glass Cannon who crits A LOT.

So......................... Where does that leave the monk?

Well, you could spec solely into Dex, and if you use Sieze the Initiative, you get Dex as Armor too. Same with Resistance, and One with Everything. All resistances are the same as your highest. On paper, that's great.

But Monks lack one very key thing that makes them not as durable compared to the Barb: Another stat that's beneficial to them.

The Barb has Strength for Damage and Armor. But they also have a passive that takes Vitality as 100% Armor.

See what I mean?

You could argue that Dex raises your dodge too... But once you start getting more, and more Dex, your dodge chance per point drops. So basically, you can tap out your dodge chance. Where as the Barbs just keep going (raising stats).

Someone please feel free to jump in. I'm talking out of my *** here, but this all makes sense in that funny little place I call my brain.:urg:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
But, the Monk has a cool accent :(

Either way, I'm gonna go all the way and go as far as I can in Inferno. I don't feel like starting a new character until I finish this one.

Monk all day.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Monk is sort of a jack of all trades. He's kind of tanky, does pretty good damage, and can support.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rant incoming.

This game can be complete and total bull****.

First thing, ****ing treasure goblins? Forget about it if there's more than a few monsters in the room. With no way to goddam lock on to something, you ****ing get stuck behind all this **** and he just runs away, posts "trollface.jpg" on your facebook wall, then teleports away to get his 70-something virgins.

Elite packs? No ****ing way. Look at this ****:

This **** ***** me. And this **** isn't even GOOD. Goddam fire chains and goddam teleporter make them total *****es. They just launch mortars at you and run like hillary clintons until they get you between them then they just fire chain it up all night. Wanna hit them? Nah, they'll teleport away from you and activate their goddam fire chains again.

And after you ****ing kill these *****es? Good loot? No thanks, just this **** EVERY TIME:

Why the **** is the game still dropping this ****ty ****? And when it's not ****ty **** like that, it's ****ing QUIVERS ALL DAY.

LOOK AT THIS **** MAN

Plague teleporting illusionists? HELL NO

>:[

edit: **** vortex and nightmare. I don't like when **** can control my character. Not cool.

Lol those packs aren't particularly hard you are probably just pretty undergeared. Hell is easy stuff :p. You will also pretty much never get good drops till you get NV stacks or stack a lot of MF and GF.

Only affix that bothers me is invincible minions. That **** is dumb
Blizzard said they are looking into that affix and possibly removing it. I hope so lol it is insanely dumb.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5596252145?page=1

Hylian and other fellow barbs, any of you try this? I'm gonna try tomorrow when I can finally play d3 again.

Haven't tried it, but going to now.

Edit:
Oh man, this build is hilarious and amazing at the same time bassem. Unfortunately I'm not geared for it at all, I have like no crit chance or life on hit lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Gotta lay off those drugs Sveet.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
maybe when i catch up to you in posts ;)

Which won't happen if you keep double posting while I follow the rules like a good boy

shanus

Smash Hero
A2 inferno is hard. I need to get more resistance. Currently at:

Monk:
14K DPS
40K hp
325 all res

I still have a lot of gear that needs improving, but i just need to farm more..

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
A2 inferno is hard. I need to get more resistance. Currently at:

Monk:
14K DPS
40K hp
325 all res

I still have a lot of gear that needs improving, but i just need to farm more..
Yeah you really want your resist all to be at LEAST 650+. Mine is currently at 800-850 and I just beat act 2.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
As a dh I just hope to be able to take more than 1 hit from elites/bosses and otherwise use discipline to avoid damage

bassem6

Smash Lord
Well...just got home from a week-long family trip to Florida. I decide the 1st thing I want to do is attach an authenticator to my diablo 3 account due to all these stories of people being hacked. I get on battlenet and try to log into my email to discover that apparently my email isnt registered to battlenet.

I think, maybe I forgot the password? So I try to do a pass recovery to discover that there is no such email registered to battlenet which I know is bull****. So I check my email and apparently last monday somebody got into my battlenet account somehow and changed the email address from mine to h***@hotmail.com... So now I dont have any access to diablo 3 and Im going to have go through all this bs to get my account back.

Im running a virus check on my comp right now using microsoft security essentials and after that Im going to go through the account recovery process. This is some bullcrap.

Lovage

Smash Hero
sorry but those hopes are just hopes!

overall inferno is pretty sick (loot problems withstanding) but the thing that blows about it is right at act 2 inferno there's a changing point. it becomes impractical to gear vit/resists because you are going to die from a 50k mortor shot anyways. and that thrall that charged from offscreen in the middle of a fight that 1shot you? well it doesn't matter if you have 17k health or 35k health, you still failed to hit smokescreen in time (or equivalent defensive ability) and ur dead.

once you hit act 2 the game becomes contra or some ****, and about 1/5 normal enemies + all elite packs have the ability to 1 shot or maybe 2 shot you (weak elites sometimes don't 1 shot with their regular swings.) so the general gameplay is the same (kiting/surviving while dealing lots of dps) plus now you are required to have a really really fast smoke screen finger lol.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
sorry but those hopes are just hopes!

overall inferno is pretty sick (loot problems withstanding) but the thing that blows about it is right at act 2 inferno there's a changing point. it becomes impractical to gear vit/resists because you are going to die from a 50k mortor shot anyways. and that thrall that charged from offscreen in the middle of a fight that 1shot you? well it doesn't matter if you have 17k health or 35k health, you still failed to hit smokescreen in time (or equivalent defensive ability) and ur dead.

once you hit act 2 the game becomes contra or some ****, and about 1/5 normal enemies + all elite packs have the ability to 1 shot or maybe 2 shot you (weak elites sometimes don't 1 shot with their regular swings.) so the general gameplay is the same (kiting/surviving while dealing lots of dps) plus now you are required to have a really really fast smoke screen finger lol.
I just got to Act 2 and this is exactly how I feel. Thank god for Force Armor :)

bassem6

Smash Lord
Oh my gosh. So I waited for blizzard support on the phone for like 45 mins. I finally get helped, get my account back and lo and behold, my level 52 barb who I had like 50k with is now level 60 and I have 270k and all these random rares and gems in my inventory that I didnt have before.

**** you hax0r. Karma is going to be a ***** for him when he finds out I got my account back.

Got an authenticator too.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL the hacker grinded for you LOOOOL that is amazing.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Awhile back my WoW account had apparently gotten compromised even though I hadn't played the game in years. After the restoration I had gotten my mining leveled for free, free flight purchased in Azeroth, and about 15k in ores that Im assuming he was farming returned to me.

If only I had any interest in playing that woulda been pretty awesome, but thank you random chinese hacker.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Oh my gosh. So I waited for blizzard support on the phone for like 45 mins. I finally get helped, get my account back and lo and behold, my level 52 barb who I had like 50k with is now level 60 and I have 270k and all these random rares and gems in my inventory that I didnt have before.

**** you hax0r. Karma is going to be a ***** for him when he finds out I got my account back.

Got an authenticator too.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Awhile back my WoW account had apparently gotten compromised even though I hadn't played the game in years. After the restoration I had gotten my mining leveled for free, free flight purchased in Azeroth, and about 15k in ores that Im assuming he was farming returned to me.

If only I had any interest in playing that woulda been pretty awesome, but thank you random chinese hacker.
This happened to me too, except the person who used my account put on some random low level blues/whites and went exploring...

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
To all D3 players from SWF if you find items with the following stats:
+Int
+IAS (increased attack speed)
+Crit Chance
+Crit Damage
Please message me. I'll pay a lot of gold with items with the following stats (preferably rings). Message me in game (I think I got most of y'all added).

bassem6

Smash Lord
+Int
+Crit Chance
+Crit Damage
Please message me. I'll pay a lot of gold with items with the following stats (preferably rings). Message me in game (I think I got most of y'all added).
you dont have me added you jerk

Leacero

Smash Lord
+Int
+Crit Chance
+Crit Damage
I have level 36 gloves with all these stats. It has served me well since forever.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
is anyone playing hardcore and how far are you?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hah. My friend got an Axe called "Raging Crack" the other day.

Anyways big update:

My Witch Doctor is 60. I'm about to finish Hell solo with 15kDeeps and using the Grasp/Bears method.

My Monk is 43 and on Act3 of Nightmare. I'm using DualWeidl+Hp Regen Spam (Mantra, Skill, etc, i'm always recovering.) I figure at 50 I'll want Crit+ and use the skills to build an uber Eva build.

Anyways, anyone doing Inferno Cellar runs for gear?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Was playing through act 2 inferno with a group and my friend found a 32% block vit+str+dex stormshield. It was glorious and we all nerdgasmed over it for a good 30 minutes.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I realized the bow i bought for ~100k last week is worth a lot more. 850 dmg, 2.5% life stolen, +600 life/hit +200 dex. I am estimating somewhere around 5mil

Top Bottom