• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Kal

Smash Champion
Sounds like bad luck. I got a High Rune both times I did the quest. Magic Find didn't impact the chance of a High Rune dropping, but I remember getting a Ber from Countess once. I don't know the actual drop rates, so I can't really say if they are comparable to the drop rates in Diablo III. The fact that items can drop with random stats (that often feel out of place for the intended class) is a major concern of mine, which I feel reduces the "effective" drop rate of good items.

Kal

Smash Champion
I think it's even sillier for Legendary items. I don't mind stats randomly falling within a certain range, but I feel the affixes should be predetermined to avoid having their value fall too low. Of course, I have nothing concrete suggesting that they would fall too low. That depends entirely on the items themselves. An amazing as ****, very hard to find Wizard item would be priced well, even if it had a Witch Doctor ability on it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Watching sage hats (wizard only helm) having witch doctors abilities is very frustrating.
Yeah that is stupid lmao. I get stats on everything(I love me some int on my barb). I don't get a lot of the affixes on class specific items at all though...not EVERYTHING needs to be completely random.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I liked it better when uniques dropped somewhat often but the best of the best uniques were still hard to find. Combined with runes and high roll rares, the market was both flush with items and had a balanced currency. The problem is that blizzard wants gold to be a valid universal currency and balanced unique drops against gold drops. Apparently blizzard wants legendaries to drop at a proportion that makes them valued in the high millions of gold

edit- u know what was worth quite a bit in diablo 2? open socket superior whites. eth zerker 5os or 6os with 15% ed was worth quite a lot

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, stat ranges are there to maintain that feel of dungeon crawling itemization even after you've acquired a desired piece of gear. Blizzard is just taking that idea too far, probably because this will increase the price of perfect items on their Real Money Auction House (and increase the number of sales as well).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
They are at least fixing legendaries(or so they say) and increasing drop rates before the RMAH comes out. I think this next patch makes a lot of good changes, not sure why they weren't in the game in the first place. Bleh to more low level grinding though :/.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
What are you guy serious? Even with a 2% nerf all around and with an average of 3-5 IAS pieces, that's only a 10% IAS nerf... not even big. People blowing it out of proportion. ANYWAYS them using the IAS nerf as a DH nerf is stupid, it's a global nerf to all DPS classes. They still aren't addressing DH superiority over the other dps classes and DH are still going to be the best class.

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm not certain about the IAS nerf, honestly. We'll have to wait and see, but if it's as bad as they say (where IAS takes precedence over any other DPS-relevant stat), I think the nerf is justified. I would only complain because I rolled a Demon Hunter.

Oh well, already made 700k selling IAS rings I bought off vendors on the Auction House. :troll:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If anything, the IAS nerf is a Wizard buff, since attack speed doesn't affect things like Blizzard. It makes every class except one version of Wizard worse.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah, its a really dumb nerf. I guess blizzard should nerf armor, vit and all res too, because those are really necessary on every item if you are going into inferno

Kal

Smash Champion
I wouldn't call it a Wizard buff, since everyone else being worse doesn't actually improve the Wizard (not until the PvP patch, at least). Honestly, I think people complaining about the IAS nerf are getting ahead of themselves. I'm skeptical, sure, but they haven't announced how much they plan on reducing IAS.

Kal

Smash Champion
And yeah, with the exception of the Azmodan nerf, I think Blizzard is doing a decent job patching the game.

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm going to grind achievements myself. I'm a huge achievement *****.

Kal

Smash Champion
I personally doubt that the value of gold (at least in terms of gear) will change when the RMAH goes live. I expect everything might drop in price in terms of real currency, but I don't think gold will change all that much.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I did countess runs and ran my hell forge(didn't run other peoples). Highest I ever got was an ist(which I guess counts but c'mon :/). My sorc had 600ish MF though I'm not sure that mattered for HRs.

The items for the most part aren't that good lol. The legendaries aren' all horrible though stormshield is still really amazing, firewalkers, ring of the obsidian, justice lantern, and others are very viable and good inferno items. There isn't a single good legendary weapon though :( and still way less viable ones than d2.
The highest rune you can get off Hellforge was Vex I think.. the other higher runes you had to find from random mobs.

Also Kal, you have to had complete a quest in D3 before you can go back into it. So if you want to go into a certain zone that you like alone, you have to had it completed at least once before.

Kal

Smash Champion
It's really not that simple. You need to attach a PayPal account, and you lose 15% of your money on each sale. Lots of people aren't going to bother with that nonsense. We'll have to wait and see, but no one can claim for certain that gold will become a useless commodity once the RMAH goes live.

Personally, I don't plan on using the RMAH. Blizzard can bite my *** if they expect me to be ok with a service they threw in just so they could turn an extra profit, going as far as to worsen the gaming experience to maximize profit from said service.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Wouldn't be hard to profit off this game. Sell "meh" drops for like $1. You make like 75 Cents? That's not much, but if you sell 10/week, thats gas money man >.>

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Well, people are steamrolling the game with top gear now and like ~75k dps and then there's the 200k dps people, basically its whether or not you're fine with the top 3% of gear purchasable for igg or top .01% for monay, but I know 0% about economics at this scale so...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I feel like there's something lacking for the end game D3, it doesn't feel as special than if you were in end game in D2. The end game gear is a lot more accessible, it's like oh I found something cool let's trash it in the AH and then just buy something better later. I don't know but for me that kinda sucks.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
TBH maybe 100 people are "end gamed", I'm godly out and even I'm still looking for end game pieces. Sure I have a couple of pieces I can't replace or have minor upgrade for, but such upgrades will cost me MILLIONS to get an additional 20-30 int, or that 1% IAS, etc etc.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
aww....is d3 getting brawled?
I doubt it, the game is really hard still and I hope it stays that way. Though that depends what you mean by that. My point was just items feel less special to obtain than in D2. It's not really a huge deal to find something awesome.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Igg worst acronym ever.

I agree with dphat though, likely gold becomes less valuable.

Also additional 15% fee if you want to take money off youre blizzard account and into paypal iirc.

:phone:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I just hate it cause its close to Iggy, **** that noise. I also don't see it having much merit beyond usage on something like d2jsp or whatever.

Top Bottom