• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cut Veterans: Who do you think WON'T make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
still don't know why people don't think we won't get Jiggs
one of the original 12 and easy to program > relevant
also haven't watched the pokemon anime in years but is Jiggs still in it?
Perhaps it was the fact that Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff were the three last characters added to the game and therefore out of all the Brawl characters, the last three to make the cut.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well, if Sheik were to leave, then would Zelda's moveset change? Would her down B used to tag team with Impa? I doubt that would be the case, since Link's unveiling has already shown that he will not rep. Skyward Sword, and since he isn't why should Zelda? Zelda will probably maintain a closer look towards TP like Link, and since Impa recently appeared in SS, switching from a TP styled Zelda to a SS style Impa would not make much sense. Or, a Zelda transformation could be scrapped all together, but that would take so much away from Zelda as a character. That being said, I want Sheik to stay, she has proven to be a staple of Smash and reps the greatest Zelda game ever.

Arguably the greatest Zelda game ever. Twilight Princess has been voted ahead of Ocarina in many polls. A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask also sometimes beat Ocarina.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Perhaps it was the fact that Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff were the three last characters added to the game and therefore out of all the Brawl characters, the last three to make the cut.
I actually have a theory that will contradict that. Sadly, it should remain a theory because Brawl's dojo is gone. I think it may be possible that characters were revealed in the order of their appearance in the story. The only thing against that theory is the trailer, but I don't know when Meta Knight and ZSS were added to the dojo.

Anyway, that would explain why Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff were the final three as they didn't have roles in the storyline itself, but were hidden characters instead.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I didn't do it based off Dojo but based off the fact they didn't have storyline and are the last characters design and created for the game. This almost hints that they were among the last groupt o make it in and avoid the cut.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, if Sheik were to leave, then would Zelda's moveset change? Would her down B used to tag team with Impa? I doubt that would be the case, since Link's unveiling has already shown that he will not rep. Skyward Sword, and since he isn't why should Zelda? Zelda will probably maintain a closer look towards TP like Link, and since Impa recently appeared in SS, switching from a TP styled Zelda to a SS style Impa would not make much sense. Or, a Zelda transformation could be scrapped all together, but that would take so much away from Zelda as a character. That being said, I want Sheik to stay, she has proven to be a staple of Smash and reps the greatest Zelda game ever.
Impa could easily be a separate character. And Zelda could easily get a new Down B attack. I don't see any problem.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I didn't do it based off Dojo but based off the fact they didn't have storyline and are the last characters design and created for the game. This almost hints that they were among the last groupt o make it in and avoid the cut.
Ok, now I understand. I still question how their lack of story relevance means they were the last characters added. Wolf is understandable, but I'd suspect Toon Link and Jigglypuff weren't among the last added. Don't forget that Sonic and Lucario cut it REALLY close.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
With cuts this time around I am pretty sure that it will be less than last time around.

The only characters I can see being cut is Lucario and Wolf

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
In all honesty, I guess only Pichu and maybe Roy and Dr. Mario won't make it.
And no one from Brawl will be cut.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I see no reason to cut Ike, Lucas, Falco or Wolf. And I never will.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I see no reason to cut Ike, Lucas, Falco or Wolf. And I never will.
Lucas can be cut because he plays to some degree similar to Ness (not identical but similar).

Same with Falco, Wolf, and Fox. They are all different from each other but they still have similarity in moveset.

Ike could be replaced with another FE.

I know those aren't great reasons and I agree every character should stay but their are reasons to at least doubt their chances, even if the reasons sound dumb.

I honestly would prefer every Brawl character returning at this point over any newcomer.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
All right, so let me get this straight, based on what we know, Sakurai has taken the approach of setting up a roster of most everyone from Brawl and potentially the ones he meant to get in from Melee, as well as whatever newcomers enter, and is working to get everyone in, with cuts only happening towards the end, there was nobody dropped outright from the start?

volbound1700

Smash Master
All right, so let me get this straight, based on what we know, Sakurai has taken the approach of setting up a roster of most everyone from Brawl and potentially the ones he meant to get in from Melee, as well as whatever newcomers enter, and is working to get everyone in, with cuts only happening towards the end, there was nobody dropped outright from the start?
We are not sure but that sounds about right. He did the same thing between Melee and Brawl in reality. The only two characters that likely were not even on his list were Pichu (joke character) and Young Link (which to me is basically Toon Link and is in the game, he just got a makeover).

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
All right then. So in reality, there's two situations. Characters who were dropped from the beginning/never even considered, and those who are in but only if there's enough time. Which are we discussing here?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Your signature says it all! Very well put. But only those who really love Smash would put gameplay above character selection...

If you're not expecting any cuts, then you aren't being very realistic. Not only that it's been made very clearly that the roster size won't increase very much, but it has already been decided that many characters will not return.
Thanks for that and yes its what truly matters in the long run and will pro long the games life

Gameplay & Balance > Everything Else (that includes characters.

My defualt mains in all Smashs Samus & Bowser.

I have had the worse Luck when it comes to characters in smasg but i still strive for Deep fun rewarding gameplay & Balance over everything else because its what truly matters.

Bowser sucked in melee
Samus sucked in brawl and they cut mewtwo...i was heartbroken...

Bowsers looks the best yet in Smash4 im happy but with samus im not really sure if shes gonna be good.

Hopefully they will bring Mewtwo back he is one of my most loved there is a strong chance he will return So i will have Samus/Bowser/Mewtwo at last i will be a very happy camper.

Although my #1 most wanted..Ridley...who knows if it will happen..but if i get Mewtwo back i wont complain about any other chars added its a fair/decent trade for me finally...

I know its worrying for some because you guys your fav chars might have been a brawl newcomer there is a big chance it was because brawl added some really high popular unique chars.

MK
Diddy
Wario
Olimar
Pit

Being the big stand outs imo.

But you gott understand Gameplay & Balance > Everything!

Its not bias its bliss its healthy its essential its needed!

Guys no matter who gets in or not they will be butthurt PeePz that certain it is 100/ impossible to please everyone.

But something that im sure everysingle person on the thread and whole board hell ALL THE SMASH fans that care and hace knowledge who ubderstand we all can agree that the 1 thing EVERYONE WANTS.

is for this game to be fair and fun and deep for the game to last long bo mattee who gets in or not no matter if the roster is only 40 chars.

If the balance and gameplay is far imprived over the past smash games it will FEEL as if they are more chars because everyone will be there own everyone will be unique and Hey! Guess what! Mayve...justtt...MAYBEEEE PeePz will start playing and main the chars they actual love and adore from the most favirote nintendo series instead of jumping on the Bull* Tier bandwagon...

Like what smash is for! Be your most loved chars enjoy em because only in Smash can you play as such chars Gdorf/Mewtwo etc.

Out your minds at rest my brothers dont stress on chars.

GAMEPLAY & BALANCE > EVERYTHING.

- REALTALK -

PS: RIDLEY FOR SM4SH XD.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What is it with people thinking the coolest animals from Brawl (i.e. Lucario and Wolf) are most likely to be gone?

Xigger

Smash Lord
Ok, now I understand. I still question how their lack of story relevance means they were the last characters added. Wolf is understandable, but I'd suspect Toon Link and Jigglypuff weren't among the last added. Don't forget that Sonic and Lucario cut it REALLY close.
Look at it like this: Sonic was THE last character added, yet he was still included in cutscenes. Add that plus those 3 characters have a lot less detail in game development files, and it looks like they were almost scrapped characters.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I expect Squirtle and Ivysaur gone, Snake is probably go. Ike might get low priority as well.

The way I see it, Sakurai won't have a series go down a rep unless it has the most in the game. And Since FE is probably getting a newcomer in the form of Chrom, Ike might be given lower priority since it would have the same amount as the last game.

Snake would be the exception, due to third party issues.

However, saying this. One character who will definitely not get cut is R.O.B., We have already seen what will most likely be his stage in the form of Balloon Fight, just like Mario Bros was his in Brawl.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
I could see smashers like Lucas, Ike, Wolf, and Snake being cut. Not that they deserve to be cut but I can see them being replaced. But if I had to choose someone to cut I'd nix jigglypuff

Side note, has anything Earthbound related been confirmed aside from Mr. Saturn?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I could see smashers like Lucas, Ike, Wolf, and Snake being cut. Not that they deserve to be cut but I can see them being replaced. But if I had to choose someone to cut I'd nix jigglypuff

Side note, has anything Earthbound related been confirmed aside from Mr. Saturn?
Franklin Badge.
Who could Lucas and Wolf be replaced with?

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Franklin Badge.
Ah yes the badge, thanks.

Well as much as I don't support it I suppose Krystal. And Lucas could be cut if for some reason Sakurai decided to make Earthbound the penultimate game in the Mother series - meaning we could get pokey or paula etc

fill

20EggsEggs
I honestly think Snake and Wolf are the only ones left getting cut from the game, and all five cuts from brawl are staying away
i could see Doc being an alt for mario
Franklin Badge.
ive never played earthbound/mother but is the franklin badge related to the whole series or just the game lucas is in?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
personally I hope for no cuts, but if they are inevitable, I hope that they are cut only for time reasons, and their unfinished characters get developed in the future I the form of DLC...

I really would miss snake : c, and i don't want Chrom to be just an Ike replacement...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
i could see Doc being an alt for mario
Same here, but that's an alternate suit. It's still Mario more or less. I can see Shadow as an alternate skin for Sonic due to fan demand for Shadow to be playable, but Sakurai's rule on 3rd party characters makes an alternate suit for Sonic more likely. But whatever happens, alternate costumes are not the same as separate characters. Peach in her Daisy AC is still Peach, Sonic with a Shadow AC is still Sonic, and Mario in a Dr Mario AC is still Mario

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Squirtle :squirtle:

There is no need for Squirtle. There are plenty Gen 1 reps. Charizard is the starter rep. Greninja is the new water pokemon. His likelihood of staying in is very slim.

Ivysaur :ivysaur:

While there is no grass type (as of now) Charizard is still enough for a Gen 1 starter rep. I'm not really sure if I expect anymore starer pokemon, but if I do I don't think they would axe Squirtle alone.

Snake :snake:

He is a third party so it is easier to have problems with his return than Nintendo character returns. His newest game is for PS and Xbox so that has got to say something. With that aside though, snake doesn't really fit in well with the Nintendo cast. He is too realistic IMO. I know that Sakurai said that it takes a lot of work for a third party rep to get in and when a character does that character is a special case, but I think that he made a mistake with snake (no offense to anyone who likes snake).

Lucas:lucas:

Either he's back with a different moveset than Ness (either could have a new moveset), or he's gone. There is just no reason for him not to be a costume if they are so similar.

Jigglypuff :jigglypuff:

It would really throw me for a loop if Sakurai actually cut her. I don't think he is ever going to cut a character that has been in 2+ SSB games. Still I think that Jigglypuff could get cut because of better choices from the franchise i.e. Eevee, Mewtwo.

Mario :mario2:

I mean, I know this guy has a lot of popularity and support, but I just don't see him coming back. I mean honestly. What does he even bring to the table that isn't covered by Super Captain Luigi Time? The color red? Wrong! Luigi has a red alt art. So yah. Therez jus no reas0n. None. u no
#LUIGI DA BEST #LUIGI NO.1 #MARIO GETS THE AXE #HASHTAGSWAG #EVERY YEAR IS THE YEAR OF LUIGI

Luigi :luigi2:

I mean... I mean u no? Its like y do we efen need Merio reps 4? Luigi is cool in all, but he can't step to the styles of Mr. L so it's like y efen boter? Right?
#MR. L DA BEST #SORRY WALUSERIGI ####### #SECERT WALUIGI IS ACTUALLY DA BEST DON'T TELL N E 1

Mewtwo:mewtwopm:

I mean BLuetooTH wasn't even in Brawl, but Jigglypuff is just so much more important so yah he desevz 2B cut.
#SNIP SNIP #UR TEARZ TASTE GOOD # I LIKE TEARS FOR FEARS

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Squirtle :squirtle:

There is no need for Squirtle. There are plenty Gen 1 reps. Charizard is the starter rep. Greninja is the new water pokemon. His likelihood of staying in is very slim.

Ivysaur :ivysaur:

While there is no grass type (as of now) Charizard is still enough for a Gen 1 starter rep. I'm not really sure if I expect anymore starer pokemon, but if I do I don't think they would axe Squirtle alone.

Snake :snake:

He is a third party so it is easier to have problems with his return than Nintendo character returns. His newest game is for PS and Xbox so that has got to say something. With that aside though, snake doesn't really fit in well with the Nintendo cast. He is too realistic IMO. I know that Sakurai said that it takes a lot of work for a third party rep to get in and when a character does that character is a special case, but I think that he made a mistake with snake (no offense to anyone who likes snake).

Lucas:lucas:

Either he's back with a different moveset than Ness (either could have a new moveset), or he's gone. There is just no reason for him not to be a costume if they are so similar.

Jigglypuff :jigglypuff:

It would really throw me for a loop if Sakurai actually cut her. I don't think he is ever going to cut a character that has been in 2+ SSB games. Still I think that Jigglypuff could get cut because of better choices from the franchise i.e. Eevee, Mewtwo.

Mario :mario2:

I mean, I know this guy has a lot of popularity and support, but I just don't see him coming back. I mean honestly. What does he even bring to the table that isn't covered by Super Captain Luigi Time? The color red? Wrong! Luigi has a red alt art. So yah. Therez jus no reas0n. None. u no
#LUIGI DA BEST #LUIGI NO.1 #MARIO GETS THE AXE #HASHTAGSWAG #EVERY YEAR IS THE YEAR OF LUIGI

Luigi :luigi2:

I mean... I mean u no? Its like y do we efen need Merio reps 4? Luigi is cool in all, but he can't step to the styles of Mr. L so it's like y efen boter? Right?
#MR. L DA BEST #SORRY WALUSERIGI ####### #SECERT WALUIGI IS ACTUALLY DA BEST DON'T TELL N E 1

Mewtwo:mewtwopm:

I mean BLuetooTH wasn't even in Brawl, but Jigglypuff is just so much more important so yah he desevz 2B cut.
#SNIP SNIP #UR TEARZ TASTE GOOD # I LIKE TEARS FOR FEARS
#datIkebias

jigglover

Smash Lord
I don't see the point of this thread any more. It is quite literally a bunch of posts saying "Snake, Wolf, Lucas, Ike and PT (ex. Charizard) will be cut, and I really want Jigglypuff to be cut, but that won't happen!" Unless you have something different to add I don't see a point in you posting and cluttering up the thread tbh...

Also I don't see Wolf or Ike getting cut any time soon. It's very easy for Chrom not to get in and for Ike to stay seeing as how I think Marth and Chrom would play very similarly - Sakurai would probably want to avoid that, especially in the same franchise. Wolf represents the villains of Star Fox. Why would he be cut in favour of someone like Krystal?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I don't see the point of this thread any more. It is quite literally a bunch of posts saying "Snake, Wolf, Lucas, Ike and PT (ex. Charizard) will be cut, and I really want Jigglypuff to be cut, but that won't happen!" Unless you have something different to add I don't see a point in you posting and cluttering up the thread tbh...

Also I don't see Wolf or Ike getting cut any time soon. It's very easy for Chrom not to get in and for Ike to stay seeing as how I think Marth and Chrom would play very similarly - Sakurai would probably want to avoid that, especially in the same franchise. Wolf represents the villains of Star Fox. Why would he be cut in favour of someone like Krystal?
Why would Wolf get cut?

He's a semi-clone at worst. He is the SF villain rep and is more unique than Falco. There is really no reason to cut him.

#datIkebias
Kinda forgot ike, but eh I don't think that he should be cut anyways and I haven't even played a FE game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom