• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comedic: The worst thing that could happen in SSB4

D

Deleted member

Playable roster exceeds Mortal Kombat Armaggeddon's or any fighting game with a huge roster.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Playable roster exceeds Mortal Kombat Armaggeddon's or any fighting game with a huge roster.
I dunno. As far as crossover fighters go, if the game isn't terrible I honestly wouldn't mind. :p

They deside to designate specific surfaces to cause tripping at a nearly 100% rate. The designated surfaces?

Platforms.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Other than tripping, Sakurai implements a YAWN system.

Where your character randomly stops to yawn, and randomly causes the most aggressive players to fall asleep.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Your character randomly turns in to an item and immediately loses a stock at any given time (to make people versing others much better, feel better about themselves).

Oh and you can't turn it off.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Your character randomly turns in to an item and immediately loses a stock at any given time (to make people versing others much better, feel better about themselves).

Oh and you can't turn it off.
That actually sounds freaking hilarious. Have an item that turns another player into an item like the trophy stand, and then you can throw the other player around and use some ability from the character as an effect for a bit. Frustrating as hell for everyone I'm sure, but it sounds funny and seems like something Sakurai would dream up.

Tripping, air tripping

Slower gameplay than Brawl

Sakurai makes captain falcon somehow worse than he was in bral and is taken outside and beaten liberally by fans

Game ignores the natural development of defensive strategy more so than brawl did and includes a metric ****ton of defensive options with little to no viable means of offense.

Blue shells, or blue shell complex items/techs

Capcom re-traditionalizes smash into a 2D and butchers the movement smash is loved for

Playstation Allstars 2

Sakurai has Brawl and Melee professionals playtest the game and then removes all advanced techs found (just like with brawl!)

Sakurai continues to halfheartedly back his company's stance on "competitive evil", completely overlooking the fact that everyone who plays the game is competing with others just at a different level. (I don't ***** when a 6 point tennis player whoops me, why do people find it necessary to blame the game or ruleset when they get beat in any game at all)

And so the game is made more accessible than Kirby and as deep as pong to make it more user friendly.

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
The game only uses the Wii remotes, and it's all motion control.

The gameplay is completely reworked to play like Shaq Fu.

Megaman is introduced, but in the style that he appears on the box art.

There is no online mode, as Sakurai deems it to unsafe for younger audiences.

The main menu streams advertisements.

Day one DLC for $30.00

A new dynamic has been adding to the tripping, where you character can now suffer bone fractures and lose his ability to run.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A new mechanic is added: Flailing

If a character is in the air for too long, he flails his arms and becomes helpless.

If a character who is helpless lands in water, he drowns immediately.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
DLC would be bad but it wouldn't be hideously bad. :p

The tripping-based ideas are too much! Cmon guys we can be more original than that! :p

Okay okay:

"We decided that to make it more intense, if your character loses a match, they permanently die! Then eventually you play until there's only one left and that's the winner and then you get a new game and repeat!"

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The tripping-based ideas are too much! Cmon guys we can be more original than that! :p
Challenge accepted! :p

- Real life mechanics are applied. So, depending on the eternal clock, you cannot play as anyone during the night, as everyone will be asleep. Also, during matches, every 30 seconds your character takes a potty break

- Everyone has one-hit KO moves

- As soon as you turn on the game, you are forced to watch an unskippable 2 hour tutorial video...catering towards beginners of course

- Every time your character gets attacked, you will see a "bloody screen". The more heavy damage, the more blood. So real!

- The CPUs can rage quit

- You only start with the original 12. In order to unlock everyone else, you need to buy $50 plushies of the various characters. Only then you will get a code inside, enter it and you'll unlock the fighter. Oh, and the fighters that you unlock expires every week, and disappears from the roster. So you will need to buy the same plush and input the code to unlock the same fighter

- QTEs everywhere. Failure to press the buttons on time results in a GAME OVER! and the game turning off

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
1. Talking about real life, the character must keep eating once in a while during a battle or he/she will pass out and die.
So food items cannot be turned off.

2. Characters with wings can only be hit by aerial attacks. Grounded attacks cannot hit them.

3. In a free for all, CPUs will focus only on the human player.

4. A blooper AT which clouds the screen with ink.

5. Similar to Poison Mushrooms, there are evil hearts, poisoned tomatoes, a ray gun which explodes and hurts the user, etc.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Brawl already does that actually, I think there are some videos about it.

Sakurai is the secret grand architect behind this thread and is using it to brainstorm and collect public opinion on what should be implemented in the next smash title.

finalark

SNORLAX
DLC would be bad but it wouldn't be hideously bad. :p

Assuming they don't put half of the supposed "downloadable" content onto the disk and then tell us that we need to pay extra to access it.

Or cut **** that was obviously meant to be in the game in the first play to scam a quick buck off of us.

Alternatively, they could put in Microtransactions. Losing a match? Then just push this button on the Wii U's touchscreen for an extra life! Only $1.00!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Assuming they don't put half of the supposed "downloadable" content onto the disk and then tell us that we need to pay extra to access it.

Or cut **** that was obviously meant to be in the game in the first play to scam a quick buck off of us.

Alternatively, they could put in Microtransactions. Losing a match? Then just push this button on the Wii U's touchscreen for an extra life! Only $1.00!
Okay, microtransactions would be pushing it for me. I HATE microtransactions.

Pay to win is the stupidest idea i've heard in my life.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay, microtransactions would be pushing it for me. I HATE microtransactions.

Pay to win is the stupidest idea i've heard in my life.
I very much agree with this.

Horrible idea: You only start with four characters: Mario, Kirby, Link and Pikachu.
Pay 5€ for each "unlockable" character, only to be revealed that all characters were already in the disc.

Sakurai: *laughs*

Even worse!
Pay 10€ to download the option to turn off tripping.

Sakurai: *laughs harder*

Eating too much food makes the character fat and slow.

Sakurai: *rofls*

D

Deleted member

Characters eating too much food will cause them to walk slower, jump lower and become more sluggish. Eating excess amount of food will cause the character to vomit.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Confirming MegaMen, then getting cancelled.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Anything that requires an insane amount of grinding. Grinding wise I mean like Resistance 2 grinding...
That thought entered my mind when I heard Sakurai mentioned "building your character".

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I don't mind grinding but it depends on what it is and what you gain from it afterwards. Otherwise I feel people shouldn't have to force themselves to grinding to where whatever it is is no longer fun and plain out boring and tedious.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
voice acting in sse/adventure mode

if i ever hear mario speak full sentences in something that isn't the super mario bros super show, i'm trashing my wii u

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Every item is a heart container, and you can't switch it off.

Sakurai appeases to the hardcore gamers and makes every stage a recolored Final Destination.

Sakurai appeases to the casual gamers and makes every stage a recolored Big Blue.

Tingle replaces Toon Link.

Impa is playable, but has the CD-I look.

Every character-made projectile is a banana.

Story Mode is more convoluted than SSE.

Story mode cutscenes are worse than F-Zero GX.

Fox's blaster has knockback.

Mario's d-tilt is still horrible.

Basic Brawl is still full of taunt parties.

Captain Falcon is replaced by Jack Levin.

Online voice chat.

Pokemon Trainer uses Dunsparce, Metapod, and Magikarp.

Funky Kong is added with his Mario Kart Wii voice.

Toad is added.

King K. Rool is made a boss instead of a character.

THE GREAT MAZE RETURNS.

D

Deleted member

An item that disables controls (jump, b attacks, a attacks, throws, dodges, taunts, movement)
More status ailments are added like silence (silence disables special attacks)
Berserk increases character's strength, but gets knock back farther, character cannot be controlled temporary (Cpu controlled).
Petrification: character becomes a rock, can be broken by other player, victims loses one stock
Darkness (loses accuracy) chance of tripping increases temporary; characters trip more often
Confusion: characters can damage their teammates without player's input, they become CPU controlled until effect wears off
Curse: final smashes are disabled

Anything that defeats the purpose of Super Smash Bros series (like adding RPG features)
Characters become disfigured, bruised, burned as they take more damage
Shield is hold control stick backwards instead of shoulder buttons
Controls are unresponsive, if I press A, the character doesn't do anything
The game becomes as bad as Superman 64, ET for Atari and other bad games
Game becomes mature rated
Game features blood
Zombie mode: healing items damage characters instead, Ness takes damage to when using Psi Magnet

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The game being critically acclaimed and having scores equal to or higher than 9 out of 10.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I lol'd sooo hard at some of these.

Like pokemon trainer has magikarp/dunsparce/metapod looool replace dunsparce with feebas and were good to go.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
The worst thing that could possibly happen is the game being renamed Super Slap Sisters with all the male characters being gender swapped versions of themselves and only being able to use a slapping attack.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Story mode allows characters to marry and have children. :troll:
Maybe even divorce and adoption.

Irios

Smash Rookie
I think the most valuable thing Smash Bros had since the release of the first opus on N64 is the capacity to appeal to both hardcore gamers like people on Smash Boards, and to all the other players who don't need Smash Bros to be such a deep game to have fun playing it. There are few games out there that are both so competitive and so fun to play.

Sakuraï and his team really did a great job until now. Please don't make it sound otherwise by only pointing out those few aspects most of us don't like. Tripping frustrated me when playing in tournaments, but made me laugh often too when happening in a more... "relaxed" situation, and having only two characters (MK and Ganondorf mostly) being unbalanced out of... 35? I actually think it's pretty well balanced.

I don't know what direction the development team will take with the next Smash Bros game, but the fact there's still so much activity around Brawl, Melee and Smash Bros 64 as of today is the proof that this team has yet to disappoint us.

We all have high hopes regarding the next Smash Bros game, and thus it's easier for us to say "I disliked this, this and that, please don't do it again" than "I liked that and that, please keep up the good work". Easier, but not better and certainly less motivating I think (Although I doubt they'll ever read this)

Anyway, I think there are two sad things that could happen to Smash Bros in the future:

- Worst than including features that don't appeal to a majority of players, the dev team could forget what made the Smash Bros serie so great. In other words, Smash Bros losing its "soul". I think most of you understand what I mean.

-...And players forgetting that playing is about having fun, and that not every Smash Bros player has fun by playing competitively. Every single one of us were once newbies at this game. Today most of us have fun by playing competitively, but if we didn't have fun at first playing as the newbies we were, this lively community of hardcore smash bros players would never have existed.

For the rest, I'll trust in Sakuraï and his team.

Sorry if you think this post shouldn't be in this topic, but I personnaly think it's precisely where it needs to be. I didn't intend to hurt anyone though.
And sorry for my uneven english, I'm french.

Regards,
A Smash Bros fan since 1999

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
...having only two characters (MK and Ganondorf mostly) being unbalanced out of... 35? I actually think it's pretty well balanced.
I'm not even really that hardcore and even I can tell you this is just wrong.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Seriously though in all honesty and being for real.

A simple statement is that

''if its worse than brawl then thats pretty much the worse/lowest it can get realisticly''

Enough said there! Real talk.

not wanting to start a flame war or just bashing brawl for the sake of bashing brawl...

But ofc im comparing it to Melee mostly and 64 Smash in general! Because ofc Brawl as a game by itself is good game but ofc your gonna compare it to past installments..everyone does with all sequals to series.

MW2>MW3>BO1>BO2 ~ (never played CoD4 cant judge..)

Metroid Prime 1>2 Veryy close as good as prime 1>3

Halo 2>3>4>Reach

Hmmmm...games do indeed seem to ger worse and worse..some more quickly than others...

Gears1>Gears3>Gears2

MK64>MKDS>MK SC>MKDD>MK Wii ~ (Havent played MK7 so cant judge...)

Its simple s***!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is a thread meant for comedy. Serious posts should be kept to a minimum.

volbound1700

Smash Master
1. Talking about real life, the character must keep eating once in a while during a battle or he/she will pass out and die.
So food items cannot be turned off.

2. Characters with wings can only be hit by aerial attacks. Grounded attacks cannot hit them.

4. A blooper AT which clouds the screen with ink.

5. Similar to Poison Mushrooms, there are evil hearts, poisoned tomatoes, a ray gun which explodes and hurts the user, etc.

Already kind of happens in Brawl

D

Deleted member

That actually sounds freaking hilarious. Have an item that turns another player into an item like the trophy stand, and then you can throw the other player around and use some ability from the character as an effect for a bit. Frustrating as hell for everyone I'm sure, but it sounds funny and seems like something Sakurai would dream up.

Tripping, air tripping

Slower gameplay than Brawl

Sakurai makes captain falcon somehow worse than he was in bral and is taken outside and beaten liberally by fans

Game ignores the natural development of defensive strategy more so than brawl did and includes a metric ****ton of defensive options with little to no viable means of offense.

Blue shells, or blue shell complex items/techs

Capcom re-traditionalizes smash into a 2D and butchers the movement smash is loved for

Playstation Allstars 2

Sakurai has Brawl and Melee professionals playtest the game and then removes all advanced techs found (just like with brawl!)

Sakurai continues to halfheartedly back his company's stance on "competitive evil", completely overlooking the fact that everyone who plays the game is competing with others just at a different level. (I don't ***** when a 6 point tennis player whoops me, why do people find it necessary to blame the game or ruleset when they get beat in any game at all)

And so the game is made more accessible than Kirby and as deep as pong to make it more user friendly.
Like no chain grabbing, spiking, edge hogging, and other advance strategies?

Top Bottom