• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comedic: The worst thing that could happen in SSB4

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nobody came up with this idea: SWIM TRIPPING! Causes player to drown immediately. :)

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
While on his job, Sakurai trips on a power supply cable, causing all the PCs used to develop the game shut down and in a horrible twist of fate, all the hard drives get corrupted and the all the progress on the game is lost. Sakurai rage quits and the game is cancelled.

Iwata: (laughs)

volbound1700

Smash Master
While on his job, Sakurai trips on a power supply cable, causing all the PCs used to develop the game shut down and in a horrible twist of fate, all the hard drives get corrupted and the all the progress on the game is lost. Sakurai rage quits and the game is cancelled.

Sakurai: (laughs)
Iwata: (cries)

Fixed it for you. Trust me, Nintendo needs this game far more then Sakurai.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It would be so horrible yet so perfect....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The worst thing they could do is add Ridley as playable. Because there wouldn't be enough room on the disk for anything else

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Taken from the Dojo of the future:

Masahiro Sakurai said:
We understand that some players might not be as good as some others. Often, pushing buttons really fast, or "technique skill", can be too hard. Thus, any time the game is not receiving input from a controller, the AI will correct your play by playing for you, giving you a little help keeping up with those who cheat by practicing.

Players like that will also often take advantage of worse players by unfairly playing the game. Thus, various exploits of the mechanics, such as the "Stage Loader Method", have been corrected, so High Level play is no longer possible.

In the same vein, it's no fun when you're unable to play the game because someone has you locked into a "combination attack". Taking a bit of inspiration from other sidescrollers, your character model will now blink in and out of visibility for a few seconds after being hit, during which time you are intangible.

As you can see, we want this game to be enjoyed by everyone. But these days, with modern technology, that can be very hard! *laughs* It makes bad players feel bad about their own abilities when they see much more skilled matches, it is infuriating to see people playing the game differently from oneself, and game discussions might spoil important plot points (Things like “characters” should only be discovered at the correct dramatic progression intended by the developer: After you have paid money.). As such, I will be taking correctional measures with Nintendo to personally DMCA-spam anyone who mentions Dairanto Smash Brothers XYZ online.

Truly, players of Dairanto XYZ must understand: "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game!" *laughs* Taking this motto to heart, the results screen is now canceled as soon as soon as it appears. After the default 1-10 minute time match (It's a surprise! You won't know when it's over until it's over!), it goes almost directly to the character select screen, so you can play some more! But to appeal to the "hardened core" players, the points are still internally tallied – as well as damage dealt to P1/2/3/4, damage taken from P1/2/3/4, damage healed, damage not dealt to P1/2/3/4, damage that could have been dealt to P1/2/3/4, distance swum, distance launched, distance run, distance walked, distance crawled, distance skidded, distance climbed, max velocity, min velocity, max acceleration, max jerk, ledge grabs, ledge releases, and much more – and it's all visible on the now no longer visible results screen! Bear with us, though, as keeping correct track of, and compiling, all this information may cause a bit of lag during play, and increased time to load the results screen. But that just allows terrible players like your brother some time to cool down from and catch up with all the amazing excitement!

Speaking of load times, we know many of you were disappointed with how long they took when starting a game. Everyone wants to get straight into the action! *laughs* XYZ corrects this issue, and doesn't waste time with potentially unnecessary data: Moves are loaded each match as you use them, so processing time is reserved for only those that are known to be needed.

But we also want to encourage a player to enjoy ALL of a character's moveset. Thus, staling now applies to hitbox size, attack duration, and knockback angle.

Ongoing battles make stopping to pick up items a dangerous proposition! But we want players to be enjoying all those items, so they now spawn directly in your hand. To avoid making them too "over the power" of other options, each item has an unpredictable probability to work incorrectly! And don't worry about getting one of the less powerful items, as you can always just throw it for some instant kills (except for the fun few that do nothing, isn't that what they call funny and ironic? *laughs*).

But enough of all this confusing gameplay talk, let's get to the good stuff! Replays are now automatically all combined into a single video, and played in succession. It's like a real-life Dairanto Movie (Coming soon from Uwe Boll!). It's no longer just a party game: It's a full party experience! *laughs* Don't worry about it getting too long as you play more, though, as old segments are automatically deleted for you, which will negate the movie's staling for year to come! *laughs*

Your whole family is awful at all video games, so they might not be able to read the "High-Up Display" and follow the correct characters at the same time. That’s why they are now connected! *laughs* Your character's percent, name, first (or kind-of-like first) game of appearance, color, and index code of the color are all overlain atop the character itself. And since younger, stupider players might not be able to understand the silly symbols that are "numbers" *laughs*, percents are now displayed using a scientifically-proven-to-be-easily-understood-by-all-ages-and-cultures communication method of "faces," each one replacing one of the nine digits, 1 through 9. They're all smiling, because everyone's having fun! *laughs* But, those Smashial purists out there will be happy to still be seeing the %! *laughs*

Because no one who you like can do anything correctly *laughs*, we have an updated handicap system, defaulted to "On". *laughs* If you win too much, your character will automatically be switched to one which you have a worse record with. *laughs* As a bonus, this system helps you enjoy the whole roster, rather than just playing the same "tip tiers" all the time. *laughs* (Also tiers do not exits. *laughs*) (Also all characters, from Meta Knight *laughs* to Pichu, have been specifically designed for use by players of different "levels", to help smooth out the system. *laughs*)

I have put my all into making this game something I love, and which will love me back! You can play for fun, and never have to worry about being beaten with "The Correctional" by my stepmother for constantly failing and never pleasing her like my brother i should play her way its corect

Please, is that okay?

*laughs*
Note that the images – as well as their hilarious, yet informative, captions – have not been included.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
ok..this coukd go on forever in dreamland so ima do a realistic one..

~ Same or very little improved online mode

~ Same speed and gravity as brawl & Tripping return (basicly same mechanics as brawl..)

~ Story mode as bad or worse then Subspace.

(they are manyyy more bad things but imo these 3 things are the ''Worse'' that could happen..)

~

peeup

Smash Lord
Quote from Sakurai's latest interview about Smash 4
Super Smash Bros. I think is a great series, and it gets better with each installment. My favorite new aspect in Brawl was the Final Smash. It was meant to be in the original game, you know, but it just didn't fit until Brawl. The Final Smash allows you to see who a character really is, to watch them unleash your favorite power. My favorite Final Smash personally, and I think others will agree, was the Landmaster. It was so popular, we wanted to use that as a basis for the next installment. So, we are removing most of the previous character roster and replacing them with fully playable and customizable Landmasters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't think SSE was that bad of a story. I think the execution was bad, but I didn't think the idea behind it was bad

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I didn't think SSE was that bad of a story. I think the execution was bad, but I didn't think the idea behind it was bad
If the entire game was just the last level, but on a larger scale (Akin to Kirby and the Amazing Mirror),

You choose a single character to start out with

Cutscenes and boss fights occur when you enter specific special rooms

You get more characters to join you by fighting their doubles or whatever

The areas are a hodgepodge of nintendo worlds interconnected

The characters that are available to you are a random selection of 24 of the characters you aren't and only include unlockables after they've been unlocked by various methods,

I think it would have worked out better. It's just so long with no real replay value to warrant playing through the whole damn thing. I could run through just the Great Maze fine though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
My brother and I got 100% on SSE to see what happened. We expected at the very least something like 'you finished the SSE on intense difficulty 100%!!' But nope. Nothing. All we have left to achieve in this game is get every sticker and thus complete every challenge. And maybe get a few more trophies but eh.

Okay, worse case scenario?

"I was thinking, maybe all these nintendo characters are a little bit much for many hardcore fighting gamers out there. It could all be a little overwhelming, you know? So we decided to make it a completely original character roster with a tekken-esque style!"

My goodness, *shivers*, i've scared myself.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I want more character interaction. SSE really wasn't much of a story to be honest.

Agreed. In the next game, the story mode should have a good story. Also, if tripping was once again a feature, I would probably break my TV.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The game has a new "stability" mechanic and you have to use the accelerometer to stand upright in battles.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
"We decided to make each character look as realistic as possible. Check out mario!" *shows a pedophile*

"Check out yoshi!" *shows a small dinosaur*

"Wario?" *Shows a grotesque-nosed man*

"Meta Knight? Anyone?" *shows a blob with a mask*

Cmon, you've GOTTA love PIKACHU at the very least!?" *Shows a dead yellow mouse, compressed to fit inside a tiny ball*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
^Adding to that...

King Dedede - A real penguin dressed in a kimono and cap with a mallet fastened to its wing.

Fox - A real fox dressed in Fox's outfit, complete with a blaster attached to its front paw.

Wolf - A real wolf with an eyepatch, wolf's outfit and Blaster.

Bowser - A Galapagos turtle with spikes attached to its shell and a wig and horns on its head.

Sonic - A real hedgehog painted blue with red shoes.

Olimar - A boy with a clown nose holding six plants painted accordingly.

Though that wouldn't be necessarily bad. :rotfl:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I thought of it a while ago.
SWIM TRIPPING
If the character trips in water, he drowns instantly and dies. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Swim tripping, air tripping, roll tripping, stand tripping, fall tripping, attack tripping...

The next game will be tripping.

D

Deleted member

Time limit on character select screen and stage select screen
Chaotic stages similar to Spear Pillar
Item that can cause controls to be reversed
Tripping happens again in 4
Useless Assist Trophies like Devil, Starfy, Tingle, etc
Replace Goldeen with Magikarp
Playing against more than 3 CPUs

:zelda:/:sheik:
:snake: