• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comedic: The worst thing that could happen in SSB4

josh bones

Smash Lord
The game takes 100 years to make and it costs $8000.00 to buy a game, when you buy the game it sets your wii u/3ds on fire

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tripping happening more frequently and more ways of being stunned. I don't get why they added random tripping in the first place, What's the point of it? You could be winning and match and then you trip, and then you lose. It's even worse in the Multi-Man games.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
- The game becoming a techfest like Melee.
- Tripping staying.
- Wavedash returning.
- Dr. Mario returning as a character (I'm 100% for him as a Mario skin).
- Tekken character instead of Pac-Man.
- Removal of Sonic & Snake.
- Cutting characters.
- Prioritizing unnecessary balance over a bigger roster (Which should be the priority).
- Nerfing Final Smashes instead of amping them all up.
- Ganondorf staying clone.
- Bowser not becoming a powerhouse with super armor (A La Big Daddy in PSASBR).
- Stages being cut.
- No My Music.
- No story cutscenes.
- No 5th Gen Pokémon.
- Return of generic enemies and locations in story mode (Locations from the games are the best thing to do).
- Cutting the "You're too slow!" taunt.
- Nerfing Super Sonic.
- Not adding as many trophies as possible.
- Leaving Mario's Final Smash like that.
- Not using a ****load of content from Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
- Including Ridley, but with his horrible Other M design.
- Changing Zero Suit Samus' design (She looks perfect in Brawl).

I could list so many things that could go wrong with this game! Let's just expect they don't, especially on the Samus thing, don't want her to become an unattractive, realistic piece of crap.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Balance should be prioritized over a large roster. Brawl has lots of characters, but a third of them are rendered useless be D3, IC's and MK. There isn't really a point to adding characters that may not be viable. There's so much more to melee then techskill. Honestly brawl is more based on unchanging muscle memory then melee is.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Wave dashing isn't unanimously hated. I bet if the criteria you used to judge wavedashing as bad were applied to Dacus it should be out too.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
- Circle Pad Pro support for japanese version but not english version
- 3DS version requires WiiU in some way.
- No jump button
- Controls aren't remappable
- due to a mandate by Sega, Sonic remodeled to look like Modern Sonic, complete with walking animations.
- all the Pokemon talk like in the TV show "squirtle squirtle" "iiivvvysssaur" "CHAAAAAR"

I tried to keep it trim. Here are some things that might suck but wouldn't be the end of the world:
- 3DS version is 30 fps or lower, even with 3D off
- 3DS version doesn't have online play
- 3DS version is 1-on-1 only
- Toon Link cut
- Namco character besides Pac-Man, but it isn't from Mr. Driller series.
- Taizo Hori is a newcomer but it's not his Driller universe version.
- 2nd Sonic rep is Tails

edit: Moved Toon Link being cut to the 2nd list. I'll just play as someone else, no biggie.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
- The game becoming a techfest like Melee. / Wavedash returning.
- Prioritizing unnecessary balance over a bigger roster (Which should be the priority).
- Nerfing Final Smashes instead of amping them all up. / Nerfing Super Sonic.
- Stages being cut.
- Not adding as many trophies as possible.
- Not using a ****load of content from Super Mario Galaxy 1&2

I could list so many things that could go wrong with this game! Let's just expect they don't, especially on the Samus thing, don't want her to become an unattractive, realistic piece of crap.
I don't see how the "techfest" is a problem for you. One of your main concerns seems to be about Final Smashes, so you're seemingly looking for a game to have fun with friends, a situation where tech skill is irrelevant, whether it exists or not. If you're talking about tech skill in competitive play, then I'll just assume it's pure laziness on your part to not want to learn the tech skills. But I don't see wavedash returning for sure.

Balance is out of the question considering it's Sakurai. However, I'd prefer having 5 fully fleshed out characters that are fun to play than 15 that are insipid in which 7 of them are clones.

As for Final Smashes, just change some that are boring, tone down some extreme ones (Sorry, but Sonic's Final Smash is plain ********) and buff or rework the weaker ones (DK, Mario, off the top of my head). I haven't played enough with Final Smashes, so I can't really say much more than that. I'd always hoped the Final Smash would work the same way a Super works in Street Fighter, with a meter and all.

**** Hanenbow.

As many as possible is obviously exaggerating, and while being an interesting addition, the focus should not be there. I wouldn't consider the game as a no-buy if they removed trophies for some reason.

Dunno about Super Mario Galaxy, I mean, the game's fun. But a stage or two and maybe couple songs, making Rosalina a playable character or a skin for Peach, but nothing more than that.

A lot of the things you mentioned can be "flaws" from somebody's perception. But they're definitely not the WORST things that could happen to SSB4.

Exception made for : - Cutting characters. I want my TripleD.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
>Implying that's the worst thing that could happen to Smash 4.

But anyways, I think that would actually be good, unless you personally don't like those characters, lol.
i was joking mostly but i personally would rather they didnt return but also i wnot be devastated if they do

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Wave dashing isn't unanimously hated. I bet if the criteria you used to judge wavedashing as bad were applied to Dacus it should be out too.
This thread it titled "Comedic" so I posted something I considered a joke...

Not srs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The game is cancelled and EA offers to resurrect the development without any supervision from Sakurai or Nintendo.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The game has a animated cutscenes in Adventure Mode, but they are poorly animated and have bad voice acting like this:

Try not to laugh at the video. Just try.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Uuuh, lets see if I'm good at these things...

- Smash 4 is actually a bishounen visual novel with josei themes. not like that would be a bad
thing for me or anything

- New mechanic: Stamina Gauge! Similar in Skyward Sword, when running, attacking repetitively, or doing otheractivities, the gauge will slowly drain. It will refill once the player stops those activities. However, if it completely drains, the character will be exhausted and cannot attack or move for a short time, until it refills again.

Try not to laugh at the video. Just try.
Ok, Chun-Li made me lol. "Monsterrr!" :laugh:

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Worst possible thing that could EVER HAPPEN:

Sakurai becomes frustrated with creating the game, trying to balance it between competitive and casual. He creates a brain-washing system so when you put the game in and launch it, it causes you to subconsciously destroy everything in your path. Sakurai, though, is unharmed by them. Whole cities are being burnt down. Everything. Sakurai is now the ruler of our planet, and has complete control over us. This is how the world ends.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai dies from working to make sure the game is perfect. In remembrance of him, Nintendo releases the game.

Tylerflipz

Smash Rookie
Well, just because she can't get control of what she's doing, doesn't mean I or anybody else couldn't. Takes a lot of practice, but that's the joy of video games! Practicing to get better, not simple controls, anyone can play type of crap. That's why I threw Brawl out in the first place. It bored the hell outta me, it took me like 2 weeks to get all the characters, in melee it took me a few months. See the pattern? Dumbing down the game for people who don't want to take the time to practice and get better, because we are a lazy, just want to make a quick buck society. :facepalm:

Tylerflipz

Smash Rookie
Oh, and I think the worst thing would be they get even more lazy, and make it a simple push A to do this push B to do that type of game, deleting Smashes, upper moves, ground kicks, etc, and aerial hits. :glare:

Tylerflipz

Smash Rookie
It's not the worst thing, but I'm still on board for that stage with Sakurai's smiling face in the background, where you trip every 20 seconds. That would be the most hilarious thing in the history of ever.
This sounds like if your seriously playing the game, it would annoy you to death.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, just because she can't get control of what she's doing, doesn't mean I or anybody else couldn't. Takes a lot of practice, but that's the joy of video games! Practicing to get better, not simple controls, anyone can play type of crap. That's why I threw Brawl out in the first place. It bored the hell outta me, it took me like 2 weeks to get all the characters, in melee it took me a few months. See the pattern? Dumbing down the game for people who don't want to take the time to practice and get better, because we are a lazy, just want to make a quick buck society. :facepalm:
Oh, and I think the worst thing would be they get even more lazy, and make it a simple push A to do this push B to do that type of game, deleting Smashes, upper moves, ground kicks, etc, and aerial hits. :glare:
This sounds like if your seriously playing the game, it would annoy you to death.
Friendly advice: use the edit button instead of triple posting. ;)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Everyone gets Landmasters.
Tripping happens three times as much.
Loading screens in SSE will be twice as long.
Every stage is as big as new pork city.
Bowser gets a sword before Ganon.
All songs are sang by Zubats.
Goldeen is the only pokeball.

Toad and Rattata are playable

volbound1700

Smash Master
How about this one, all the characters are taken out and instead of characters, we get Miis (think of Mii Party replacing Mario Party on Wii for a small time).

[Corn]

Smash Ace
There is no gravity at all and every character can grab the ledge from anywhere. Well exept the new Ganon of course.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Both Popo's and Nana's grab ranges will extend to cover the entire stage.
It is impossible to break out of IC's grab unless they throw you.
is how i would make the greatest smash game ever conceived.

TurboPikachu

Wall of Pain
NNID
HyperChu
3DS FC
3394-3547-7986
Sakurai hands all development over to Namco-Bandai and lets them slap Tekken's physics engine onto SSB4. There are no blast points, there are health bars, and the characters can only shift back and forth a bit. Includes a long list of complicated button inputs for combos. There are no double jumps or recovery moves and there are no items.

Top Bottom