• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comedic: The worst thing that could happen in SSB4

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Though that wouldn't be necessarily bad. :rotfl:

:phone:
If you think butchering a childhood dream isn't bad, then

Leave, and NEVER return!

:p

Don't worry, i'm just being a troll here. Though tbh, if they actually did do that I probably wouldn't play the game. @.@

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
It's a five player game. The 5th player uses the Wii U gamepad to throw literal crap at the screen, smudging it, and making it unviewable by the other players, ala Nintendog, but for THE WHOLE GAME. We're talking the menu screens, option screens, EVERYTHING.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
The Worst Things that Could Happen:
Characters now have life bars. Fights take place in traditional fighting game stages.
(You know, the obvious things every "clone" of Smash Bros. gets horribly horribly wrong.)

Nah, that can't happen. Never mind.

The Worst Things that Could Happen:
  • Online play is as laggy as Brawl's.
  • The Wii U version's potential is nerfed by the 3DS' limitations.
  • They decide to release the game and never provide patch support to correct bugs or balance issues.
  • They miss an opportunity to continue expanding upon the game with DLC characters, stages, and items.
  • Ganondorf is still a Falcon clone.
  • They still haven't added Ridley, and never will, because despite trying, he truly cannot ever fit within the game as a playable character.

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
The absolute worst thing that could happen? Sakurai cancels Smash 4 and stops making Smash games altogether and dies.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
James McCloud from starfox is a character and plays exactly like Fox
James Mccloud the fzero pilot is also a character and is a fox clone as well.

Both have landmasters as their final smashes.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Maybe some stuff that hasn't been mentioned already:

-3DS version required to unlocked a large portion of the new characters and stages.
-Stupid customization allowed for each character
-Create your own character

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The worst thing that could happen for me would be the game playing like Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble when it comes to attacks. I'm 99% positive this is how it worked, but basically every attack/attack string left the opponent in a sort 2-3 second state of invincibility, so the fighting aspect of that game boiled down to getting a single hit in, then the person you hit chasing after you to get a single hit in while they had invincibility, and so forth.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Good news: Megaman is in the game

Bad news: It's bad cover art's Megaman again

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Worst case: the 3DS version turns out to be a dating sim featuring female Nintendo characters.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
They put in a new F-Zero character from a new F-Zero game coming to the Wii U. The character sucks but everybody is excited for the new F-Zero, which gets cancelled after a while.

Kid Icarus gets seven new reps and they are all overpowered.

Palutena is a Zelda clone and transforms in Medusa when you hit down+B.

Since Ridley is creepy he gets re-designed to fit better in the playable roster and he becomes all chubby and cute.

Yoshi becomes an item.

The collectibles are like the ones in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Jin Kazama, King, Armor King (clone), Panda, Kuma (clone) and Miguel are playable characters.

Worlds 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 1-castle and 1-6 from New Super Mario Bros U are stages in the style of Mushroomy Kingdom, they represent 40% of the playable stages in total.

You lose 5% while tripping.

Link, Young Link and Toon Link are playable, all clones. Ganondorf gets scrapped.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
You start out the game with Mario.. And only Mario.. And you have to PAY to unlock all other characters, monetizing the game. Oh, and all stages are re skins of Final Destination with one featuring Lady Gaga.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
To be fair, I like the idea of having a starting roster of only Mario lol. Would be fun to unlock like 50 characters.

And anyway, after Snoop Dogg in that stage of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, you shouldn't say something like that. Remember that the same guys who actually approved that are working on Sm4sh.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
-Bonus combo damage for using the same move multiple times
-Micky mouse is added
-All characters are chibi versions of themselves
-Final smashes replaced with landmaster
-killstreaks
-Fox's laser causes flinching
-permanent bumper on every stage

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The original 12 are the starting roster and everyone else is paid DLC for 2.99 a pop.
Oh, and Paper Mario becomes playable...

D

Deleted member

Any of original 12 characters got cut
On disk DLC (just like in Street Fighter x Tekken)
New Adventure mode have ambiguous endings (just like in Mass Effect 3)
Zelda and Sheik become separate characters
Tripping returns in Super Smash bros 4

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Any of original 12 characters got cut
On disk DLC (just like in Street Fighter x Tekken)
New Adventure mode have ambiguous endings (just like in Mass Effect 3)
Zelda and Sheik become separate characters
Tripping returns in Super Smash bros 4
Along with air and water tripping.

DoubleAgentXies616

Smash Rookie
I
Just a fun little thread.

Honestly I remember thinking when I discovered that there was no L-Cancelling and wave-dashing in Brawl that this was the end. I was about half right but still I love Brawl.

So scenario...

Were about 3 months out from release and Sakurai gets interviewed..

"Mr. Sakurai, you stated a few years back that in your mind Melee was the best game in the Smash Bros series. What made that game the best in your mind and what can we expect for Super Smash Bros (Colosseum? Murder Suprise Battle Supreme? Punch Face Horray Time!)?

" Well when I look back I realize a lot of things. Firstly, Melee is really hard. Their are so many different buttons and I don't know when I'm supposed to press them! So I decided, if it's too complex for me, than I can't expect everyone else to have to learn it either. So what we did is we simplified. No short hopping, no tilts and no specials. Basically you have jab, smash, shield and grab and you just have to play the game like that. Also if you press all the buttons you get Donkey Kong Punch. People seem to like charge moves so we just gave every character that punch. It's really quite spectacular."

" ......Thank you for you time Mr. Sakurai (promptly drowns himself in nearby public restroom toilet.) "

Yea that would be the worst thing in my mind.

What do you guys think would be the worst thing that could happen/be-announced for SSB4?
I think that'd be the last thing to happen.
Yes, the big target audience, the casual player, the one who buys anything as long as it's fun and sorta easy to understand, would be happy with that.
Nah, I take that back, anyone who has played any Smash Brothers game has to agree it's a DIFFERENT fighting series, all of its elements are far too GOOD to be taken away or simplified to that rate. They would let down not thousands, but millions of fans. We would all have to go back to our gamecubes and Wiis and curse the Wii U and Sakurai forever, for crushing our dreams.
So no, I don't think that's gonna happen but hey! None probably did, right?

Right...?

Anyway, the worst thing it could happen is to become an even easier game, you know, the few tech things you could do in brawl were taken out (the DACUS, roll-throwing, DI, you know), leaving only a "character build up" game. And yet, I think even that would be not very likely to happen.

So, getting really serious here, I don't think there's anything they can do to screw the game up. I mean, we'll have new playing modes, new chars, while still having the core aspects of smash we already know!
Who knows, they may remove the Final Smash, or they'll maybe make it even bigger!
They may nerf Meta Knight down! (PLEASE, DO!), or power up Ganondorf, to actually stand a chance in 1v1!
Who knows?

We can only hope for the best.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I wouldn't mind Miis, if only their appearances are customizable. The moveset can't be, it would be completely broken.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't mind Miis, if only their appearances are customizable. The moveset can't be, it would be completely broken.
If Mii's have customization to their movesets, then it wouldn't be a problem. Custom characters tend to be banned in tournaments for balance reasons, like Soul Calibur.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If Mii's have customization to their movesets, then it wouldn't be a problem. Custom characters tend to be banned in tournaments for balance reasons, like Soul Calibur.
Yeah well it wouldn't be a problem sure, but I never play in tournament I play with friends. And "hurr durr let's make a Mii which has the best moveset ever and use only him derp". I don't want to be that guy, the one who says "**** you man you're not using Miis because they're annoying choose someone else." lol

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sakurai decides to take out the multiplayer Brawl part of the game and make it Single Player only with the only modes being Classic Mode, Home-Run mode, and Target Smash mode.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
1.Mewtwo didn't return
Edit:
Or return with his unreal weigth
2. Ridley isn't playable because Sakurai think he's too big
3. k rool is just a boss

Top Bottom