• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Vts

Smash Champion
Yeah me and Arby been planning to team at this event for a while we got 25th at genesis I want top 20 at Apex for teams, our teamwork is amazing cus I molded him to be my teammate from day 1 my evil plan succeeded

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

edit: 308 melee entrants going to be great

actually now its 308, DaShizWiz can't go for jury duty

but that should be it
Know what's that like. Jury duty sucks. I had that crap for 2 years straight. The year I turned 19 and the year I turned 20. Random chance my ***.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
i've started on tier 2 . Forget the tier 1 crap. That stuff sucks for pvp and is annoying to get in the pvp phase.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys seen Tintin, and do you want to?

Seif, there's a pun in Sherlock Holmes I think you'd enjoy, if you haven't already seen it.

I'm baaack

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
about time, no i haven't seen tintin, I did before it came out but it hasn't gotten great reviews. I'd be willing to watch but I have no extreme desire.

DC time?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
good sleep woooo

I guess I'll play DC after I eat and stuff

@Vts: What's a melee ;)

Fox does have a pretty high tech requirement but i don't think its physically impossible to perform at that level.

Fox has one of the best, if not the best, neutral movement/positioning in the game. More than any character in the game, fox has the ability to take any character from 0 to death if you make the right decisions. Falco is very good and obviously #2 but fox is better. In other words, the tier list isn't wrong; the best falco players are better (read: more consistent) than the best fox players.
Everything is truth!

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Wait. His argument isn't very strong. It's entirely based on his unproven statement that more so than any other character in the game, Fox has the ability to take any character from 0 to death IF you make the right decisions. This is true for any high tier. So he needs to prove this MORE SO of his. Than he goes to state purely from that argument that "fox is better."

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Fox's speed and complementary moveset make 0-deaths more feasible on a wider range of characters. Maintain positional advantage and hit them over and over. Anyway, the bolded part is far more important. This cannot be denied unless you're a subscriber to the Falcopuffs Dominance Theory >.>

I think Fox has it better because Falco relies on a more directly counterable action (lasers). Puff's movement is more static than Fox's, and she is far weaker to the obvious counters (e.g. attacking from a different height). I don't think the neutral game can be simplified like that against Fox at all, aside from basic footsies against bad approaches a la M2k.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
fox doesn't really 0-death (except against spacies in some cases, or shine gimps), i think his strength lies in the neutral game. getting first hits, doing 2 or 3 hit combos then resetting to neutral. he's just that good at not getting hit that he doesn't have to do a death combo to stay ahead even though everyone else can hit him then kill him.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
fox doesn't really 0-death (except against spacies in some cases, or shine gimps), i think his strength lies in the neutral game. getting first hits, doing 2 or 3 hit combos then resetting to neutral. he's just that good at not getting hit that he doesn't have to do a death combo to stay ahead even though everyone else can hit him then kill him.
I edited -> "Maintain positional advantage and hit them over and over." He's pretty good at that.

I don't mean ztd like straight combo or anything.

yeah, pretty much what you just said

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I agree, yes he can def apply pressure via positional advantage to get illegitimate but nonetheless effective strings of hits. Even if an opponent is out of hitstun, he doesn't always have enough options to escape.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Really. I usually get out of hitstun with any character I'm using, but fox always has positional advantage.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Haven't been on in a while...but happy late birthday Arby.

And we should smash some to prep you for all the Ganon's you'll have to play at Apex :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Adam is getting here at 7 AM tomorrow, so you ragamuffins should come and play either one or both of the next two days. We need training like a monkey needs a banana.

LOL turns out my big fat cat is a ragamuffin. It also describes someone with messy hair #themoreyouknow

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's the only catch. The physical appearance is undeniable though.

Probably a mutt derivative... or maybe he's just weird :D

This cat is ugly as balls compared to mine, but the similarity is there.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

Vts

Smash Champion
Arby in all honesty am i going to have a chance?

edit- looking at vids i may have chance for 2nd seed, maybe first if lovage isn't warmed up, either that or dead last depends on how i'm playing lol

edit2- getting our rooms now, i'm only one going to grab room key since it's expensive for the rooms and if i add people costs goes up

Vts

Smash Champion
It won't be a cakewalk, but you can do it.

I got an easy pool :D
damn, i like cake wish it was cake i'd eat it then lol.

so i'm off wednesday we doing smash fest that day?

Thrusday important info time we need to be up and at airport around 9:30 flight is at 11 am, idk how long the line will take to check our stuff, only bring carry on bag, no checking stuff in, we are staying thruday,friday,sautrday,sunday nights.

3-4 days of clothes will be good, i'm bringing just 4 days and on monday on way back i'll rewear something.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
damn, i like cake wish it was cake i'd eat it then lol.

so i'm off wednesday we doing smash fest that day?

Thrusday important info time we need to be up and at airport around 9:30 flight is at 11 am, idk how long the line will take to check our stuff, only bring carry on bag, no checking stuff in, we are staying thruday,friday,sautrday,sunday nights.

3-4 days of clothes will be good, i'm bringing just 4 days and on monday on way back i'll rewear something.
1 pair of pants 2 t-shirts. Got it.

Top Bottom