• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You need to stop posting this assumption everywhere and ignoring people talking sense.

These reveals don't reflect the final roster; from here on out it could be all the most wanted "hardcore" characters exclusively, who knows! It's surprisingly likely we'll see more of them after they announce Mii and WFT and get that out of the way.

I dunno man. I think Sakurai could just go all out and just add anyone he likes (no matter how infuriating) and yet they'll be accepted. That's why I'm not feeling very positive on seeing "core" requested additions.

I mean he could now just add Jimmy.T from WarioWare because he loves WarioWare and liked the funny dancing moves Jimmy does. And people will accept it just fine. So what there will be for Sakurai to lose if he adds more "WTF"-characters now since they'll be all accepted by some reason or another? I think he doesn't need to care about core fans very much due that (meaning he'll add less requested characters most of us want here).

At the moment, I just don't feel looking at SSB with much big respect because I'm just afraid (and bit certain) it'll go this direction. Core-fans aren't completely forgotten here but they've put into bigger "secondary" place than in Brawl to make more way to casuals/nongamers. Not like it'd affect SSB-series much.

I think I'll just wait until something shows me otherwise. I don't feel bringing my hopes up yet, I'm going on character speculation with more caution.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I dunno man. I think Sakurai could just go all out and just add anyone he likes (no matter how infuriating) and yet they'll be accepted. That's why I'm not feeling very positive on seeing "core" requested additions.
Super Smash Bros. Melee:
-Game & Watch added (WTF pick that nobody wanted)
-Peach added
-Zelda/Sheik added
-Bowser added
-Marth added
-Mewtwo added

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:
-ROB added (WTF pick that nobody wanted)
-DDD added
-Sonic added
-Meta Knight added
-Lucas added
-Ike added
-Wario added

You get the idea. People need to stop overreacting. Including WFT doesn't mean that he's going to start picking random characters nobody wants. Hell, Little Mac's rumored inclusion should be proof enough that Sakurai still cares about the competitive audience.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well I mentioned Mac already as part of "what we wanted" here along with Mega.

I guess we'd get characters like K.Rool, Little Mac, Takamaru, Palutena, Toad, Dixie, Ridley, Chrom, the Pikmin Trio (or Charlie only was it).

I dunno if we get anyone from unrepped series though, I see this mostly expanding on the existing series like Brawl while adding one retro and one revived series (Mac). Though hey, Shulk's also possibility.

Still feeling low on hopes for any series after these guys showing up though.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
The Mii would be... interesting but kinda stupid.

I want Sonic, after Sonic I can worry about other characters for right now SHOW ME THE HEDGEHOG!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I dunno if we get anyone from unrepped series though, I see this mostly expanding on the existing series like Brawl while adding one retro and one revived series
I dunno, if the rumors are true we've already got 6 characters that come from franchises new to Smash. I'm sure we'll get more characters for existing series as well, but to discount the possibility of more brand-new franchises seems a bit unsupported by precedent.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I mean he could now just add Jimmy.T from WarioWare because he loves WarioWare and liked the funny dancing moves Jimmy does. And people will accept it just fine..
Honestly? Jimmy T would be a great addition. He'd be so unique if he was constantly dancing. I'd be cool with it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The post was not edited, if it's edited it can be easily seen (I think a message like "this post was edited *date*" appears down at the right).

Sakurai said that Villager was not fit for Smash Bros.
Given the new art style, maybe Sakurai meant that Villager was not fit for Brawl but he is fit for SSB4? :awesome:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I only hope that if these predictions ARE true, that they aren't the only newcomers. I don't see any new villains ): I'd want Bowser Jr. more than Mii, but Mii would make more money with the overall audience for SSB so it's understandable if they put him in.
And if those other 3 characters aren't revealed today, Hopefully (for me atleast) it means the predictions aren't completely accurate, or maybe there are more new characters to be added.

Or if they announced adding characters through dlc, I'd be okay.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
On the other hand, I wonder has Sakurai just abandoned the hardcore fans quite a lot here because we now have 2-4 characters which appeal to mass casual gamers (depending on your tastes) and 2 which are for hardcore. By this logic SSB4 will be gearing even more to casuals/non-gamers in means of a roster?
Horsetail

My man

Listen to yourself right now

We've literally only had three characters revealed so far :laugh:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I only hope that if these predictions ARE true, that they aren't the only newcomers. I don't see any new villains ): I'd want Bowser Jr. more than Mii, but Mii would make more money with the overall audience for SSB so it's understandable if they put him in.
And if those other 3 characters aren't revealed today, Hopefully (for me atleast) it means the predictions aren't completely accurate, or maybe there are more new characters to be added.

Or if they announced adding characters through dlc, I'd be okay.
No way in hell that they are the only newcomers if Sakurai is dropping 6 newcomers at E3 with at least six months left in development. You guys gotta take a step back and analyze this rationally.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
No way in hell that they are the only newcomers if Sakurai is dropping 6 newcomers at E3 with at least six months left in development. You guys gotta take a step back and analyze this rationally.
Hopefully. Sorry man, crazy things happen to the brain when the speculation starts rolling around.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Young Horsetail. I don't want to sound rude or anything so don't take this the wrong way. But maybe you should take a small break off the internet for a little bit. Just go outside, smell the fresh air, go to a café, have a nice drink. Keep your mind out of smash for a little while. And once you're fully relaxed, come back and discuss the game with us again. Seriously, all this negativity and depression is unhealthy.

I'm sorry, but I think you are really overreacting a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from. I'm also a little concerned about Layton and Toon Link's fate a little bit. But I'm not going to make it ruin my overall impression of the game itself.

Lets get this out of the way. Wii Fit Trainer is not preventing other characters from getting into the game. The roster was finalized and any characters who may not end up in the game may either be saved up for the next game, or he may want to wait a little longer in case they could get some more interesting moveset potential in future games. Sakurai even admitted that Wii Fit Trainer was pretty much meant to be the R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch of this game. A character no one expects. And lets face it, we all should have expected that Sakurai is going to add such a character in the game. He did not remove any characters in favor of her.

Wii Fit Trainer also doesn't mean that Sakurai is going to add silly characters such as a Goomba or whatever into the game. (Jimmy T is actually pretty cool and I would personally love to see him in but to each their own I guess...).

Megaman should have been proof enough that he will be adding fan favourites into the game and that he does listen to the fans and Villager should prove that he does look back at previously rejected character idea's. This should be a positive for the likes of Ridley etc. And if I could make a wager, Wii Fit Trainer could also tell us that Sakurai does look at less popularly requested characters too. So the likes of Kururin could also still have a chance.

Honestly, I see this as more of a positive for the likes of Lip, K. Rool, and other fan favourite characters. Just try and look at it from the bright side.

Honestly, you are just jumping into conclusions way too early. These are only the first few trailers. And of course we won't get all our favourite characters in. But still try and look at things from a more positive side. Okay?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Two things: 1. YES! Little Mac! Figured the boxing stage was a give-away.

2. Ugh. Pac-Man and Mii's. I really like WFT, but nothing would kill my hype harder than those two. However, I want Mac, so I'll take it, as long as the roster is big enough. It'd better be greater than 50 if you're shoving in Mii's.

coolmancool

Smash Cadet
So first of all,I'm new,I come from the province fo Quebec,so my first language is french,and my english can be a little bit bad,so sorry for that.Also,I dont do competitive play,and I have only played Brawl(that I have.).Also,its not my real birthday,the smae year,but not the real month and day,for confidentaility.

For this rumor,the other character not announced for the moments,I think they will be there,because nobody was predicting WFT,and the Villager and megaman was real.So for Mii,I think a moveset based on sport can be great,and I always wnated Little Mac.I'm OK with Pac-Man,but I want the circle one,not the ugly humanoïd one.But anyway,sakurai always has great choice,and all character he choose will a great moveset,I'm sure of this.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I hope that guy was wrong about Pac-Man since he would almost ruin the game for me and barely have any titles released on Nintendo consoles.

I wouldn't mind dealing with Mii's because at least their Nintendo.

Sonic has more exclusives to Nintendo so he deserves a return.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well I mentioned Mac already as part of "what we wanted" here along with Mega.

I guess we'd get characters like K.Rool, Little Mac, Takamaru, Palutena, Toad, Dixie, Ridley, Chrom, the Pikmin Trio (or Charlie only was it).

I dunno if we get anyone from unrepped series though, I see this mostly expanding on the existing series like Brawl while adding one retro and one revived series (Mac). Though hey, Shulk's also possibility.

Still feeling low on hopes for any series after these guys showing up though.
Dude, we did get characters from unrepped series. Villager is from Animal Crossing series. Mega Man is from Mega Man series. Wii Fit Trainer is from Wii Fit series. We didn't have characters from those series in Brawl.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If the rumor is true, literally every one of the six characters revealed at E3 will be from an unrepped series.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If the rumor is true, literally every one of the six characters revealed at E3 will be from an unrepped series.
Which is a very good thing imho, even though I consider WFT and Mii kinda of the same series, or let's say "trend".
Anyway, an AC rep was necessary, and Villager turned out to be very nice even if I'd have liked Mr. Resetti more, and Megaman is... Megaman. C'mon really who's against Megaman. Also is incredibly good, you can tell Sakurai put a special effort on him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder if those characters will even be unveiled during this week. I think its possible Sakurai has now caught wind of this leak (interestingly enough, the NOA higher-ups caught wind of the Brawl leaks) and is furious about it, and has decided to cancel their planned unveils for now.

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
I made an E3 newcomer prediction thread that reached over 600 replies and I read pretty much every post.

Not a single person predicted the Wii Fit Trainer OR the Villager.

Not. A. Single. Person.

Hell nobody even made a character support thread for WFT... And there were character support threads for pretty much every relevant/irrelevant Nintendo character.

This guy knows something.

I'll quote this post, because it summarizes what most people who feel this must be true are basically saying. But... I would just like to point out, that this isn't very good logic reasoning. People are famously bad at probabillity, and that's also the problem here. Just because there is a very small chance of a person guessing all of these characters right doesn't mean he has to have inside information, and thus confirming pacman, mii's etc. There are a lot of people. And a single person can make a lot of guesses. Now, if this guy could show some proof for the leak then it would be a different story. But so far, I don't see any reason why this must be true.

I also can not see a reason why it wouldn't be true, so that basically means we'll just have to wait and see.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Don't you think that the thread title seems heavily exaggerated? I don't think that the roster amount that we have now is even final.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wouldn't it have to be in a secret meeting? There's not even a single Nintendo game listed on the schedule for the day.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I thought there was no more e3 stuff, or maybe I'm kinda slow atm since I didnt see Nintendo's e3 conference (if they had any) besides the Nintendo Direct. I still hope Pac Man isn't one of em newcomers though... I mean I'm serious.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Young Horsetail. I don't want to sound rude or anything so don't take this the wrong way. But maybe you should take a small break off the internet for a little bit. Just go outside, smell the fresh air, go to a café, have a nice drink. Keep your mind out of smash for a little while. And once you're fully relaxed, come back and discuss the game with us again. Seriously, all this negativity and depression is unhealthy.

I'm sorry, but I think you are really overreacting a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from. I'm also a little concerned about Layton and Toon Link's fate a little bit. But I'm not going to make it ruin my overall impression of the game itself.

Lets get this out of the way. Wii Fit Trainer is not preventing other characters from getting into the game. The roster was finalized and any characters who may not end up in the game may either be saved up for the next game, or he may want to wait a little longer in case they could get some more interesting moveset potential in future games. Sakurai even admitted that Wii Fit Trainer was pretty much meant to be the R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch of this game. A character no one expects. And lets face it, we all should have expected that Sakurai is going to add such a character in the game. He did not remove any characters in favor of her.

Wii Fit Trainer also doesn't mean that Sakurai is going to add silly characters such as a Goomba or whatever into the game. (Jimmy T is actually pretty cool and I would personally love to see him in but to each their own I guess...).

Megaman should have been proof enough that he will be adding fan favourites into the game and that he does listen to the fans and Villager should prove that he does look back at previously rejected character idea's. This should be a positive for the likes of Ridley etc. And if I could make a wager, Wii Fit Trainer could also tell us that Sakurai does look at less popularly requested characters too. So the likes of Kururin could also still have a chance.

Honestly, I see this as more of a positive for the likes of Lip, K. Rool, and other fan favourite characters. Just try and look at it from the bright side.

Honestly, you are just jumping into conclusions way too early. These are only the first few trailers. And of course we won't get all our favourite characters in. But still try and look at things from a more positive side. Okay?
I hear that i was in Horsetails boat on the 11th but i have sort of swam to shore now.

But the reason why the pressure is so high now is that Sakurai said that we can expect a smaller roster this time...not 12 or 13 Newcomers...we may only get 6-8

1.Megaman
2.Villager
3.WTF
4.Pac-Man
5.Little Mac
6.Villager

Thats it? Ok maybe we get 8

7.Palutena
8.Takamaru

Small roster...sakurai goes back on his word...big roster...

9.Ridley
10.K.Rool/Dixxie
11.Mewtwo
12.FE Char? they will defo be a New FE char but dont you think he/she will replace Ike? We are at Number #12 after all....
13.Shulk/Issac
14. Retro Char?
15. Mario Rep?
16. Krystal? dont you think she will replace Wolf? We are at number #16 atm we are way passed overkill....

We are meant to get a SmallER roster this time.

35 (Brawl) + E3 2013 Chars = 38 + Mac/Pac/Mii = 41!!!!

Do you see why it is crazy? It doesnt make any sense....

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think this is true (unfortunately).

Though Little Mac's kinda cool and the Mii could be interesting, I'm not really interested in Pac Man (yet).

I just hope Pac Man doesn't replace Lloyd.. (which seems to be the case >.<)

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
...barely have any titles released on Nintendo consoles.
Unrelated to if you like Pac-man or not, I want to point out that most of his console games where released on Nintendo consoles. Most of them multiplatform, but Nintendo's handhelds has had multiple exclusives.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
From all this news...it seems like either Sakurai has gone back on his word of not wanting a big roster or/and gone back on his word of not wanting to add too many 3rd parties assuming Pac-Man gets in & Sonic & Snake dont...**** ****ed up atm...hard....

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Lol I received so many likes for that boxing ring post. It would be a legit troll on Nintendo's part to not put Little Mac in there now.

"Oh we put a boxing themed stage in there, but we're not going to place our most popular character from our boxing franchise in the game."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom