• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The guy said "revealed at E3", and we've gone a whole day without seeing anything related to Smash. Very odd to save all three purported new characters for the last day rather than building hype with rolling reveals.

I still think it's a somewhat credible rumor due to the extremely small chances of somebody guessing Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, but if we go another day with no reveals this rumor will be discounted in my eyes.

I sure hope it's not true, because the Mii would be awful.

Caliko

Smash Cadet
Supposedly that post was made by the owner of that website.

I DO hope they put Mii in

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
The guy said "revealed at E3", and we've gone a whole day without seeing anything related to Smash. Very odd to save all three purported new characters for the last day rather than building hype with rolling reveals.

I still think it's a somewhat credible rumor due to the extremely small chances of somebody guessing Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, but if we go another day with no reveals this rumor will be discounted in my eyes.

I sure hope it's not true, because the Mii would be awful.
QFT; all of this.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
It's also worth noting that the guy didn't specify the female Wii Fit Trainer, which further points to the possibility that this could have been simply a very educated guess.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Wow, I really hope that's not true. I don't want Pac-Man or Mii as playable characters.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
i swear if we get another generic human character I going to rage

User33

Smash Journeyman
It's also worth noting that the guy didn't specify the female Wii Fit Trainer, which further points to the possibility that this could have been simply a very educated guess.
You're really reaching there bud.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
this is just sad,with so many characters in line to get in we get wii fit trainer and the mii

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You're really reaching there bud.
I'm quite aware, but when it comes to Smash rumors, we need to examine every possible facet to determine whether or not they're true. Rumors are going to be flying so thick and fast in the coming months that we might as well get into the habit of extremely meticulous examination now.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
Geeze, when are we going to get a character that isn't the first for their series?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Geeze, when are we going to get a character that isn't the first for their series?
I'd be pretty down for a majority of characters representing franchises new to the series. Throw in some of the really popular requested second or third reps for less-represented franchises and you've got yourself quite an interesting roster.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dunno about that being ALL the new characters they're adding, cause that'd be a disappointing haul. Maybe right about these first few though.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I dunno about that being ALL the new characters they're adding, cause that'd be a disappointing haul. Maybe right about these first few though.

He just said those were the E3 reveals. It's possible he was told 3 real characters and 3 fake ones, but we still have another day left of E3 so who knows.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
How would you guys feel if

Villager
WTF
Megaman
Pacman
Little Mac
Mii

Were the only new chars in the game?
I'd be hyped for Megaman and Little Mac, would probably enjoy WFT, wouldn't play Villager but he seems funs, am completely indifferent to Pac-Man, and I'd loathe the Mii. So positive overall, with some reservations.

He just said those were the E3 reveals. It's possible he was told 3 real characters and 3 fake ones, but we still have another day left of E3 so who knows.
Yeah, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see more revealed tomorrow. It's just odd that Nintendo wouldn't reveal even one today in order to sustain hype across all three days of E3. If you have 6 characters to announce, why do 3 on the first day and then skip to the last day when you've got 3 characters still to reveal? Having all three of them together in another trailer isn't very likely, since Sakurai said that he didn't want to reveal all of the characters in prepackaged Directs where he can't see an audience reaction. Still, I suppose it's possible.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I REALLY hope to god that this guy is just lucky as hell because I will throw up if Miis make it into Smash.

But at the same time that list of characters is way too damn specific. I doubt there were even 30 people on the internet who were seriously predicting Wii Fit Trainer... Then also throw in the fact that he got the Villager AND Megaman...

I'm kinda scared.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I REALLY hope to god that this guy is just lucky as hell because I will throw up if Miis make it into Smash.

But at the same time that list of characters is way too damn specific. I doubt there were even 30 people on the internet who were seriously predicting Wii Fit Trainer... Then also throw in the fact that he got the Villager AND Megaman...

I'm kinda scared.

Yeah, I never once saw anyone predict Wii Fit Trainer post Brawl. Plus, though Mega Man was expected, getting Villager correct as well makes the chances that this was just a guess extremely small.

Like I said above though, it's possible that whoever told him those characters could have thrown in 3 fake ones too just to mess with everyone.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Seems legitimate to me.
I'm 90% convinced that this is true.

Picking the Villager and Wii Fit trainer as well as getting Megaman would be an out of this world guess. The other selections seem very likely too.
Also, Little Mac is virtually confirmed given the boxing stage.

I'd say these characters are all but confirmed. Anyone denying that this is most likely correct is deluding themselves.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i personally want to see pac man in smash, and as odd as it sounds the mii as well. Pacman is an iconic gaming character who i feel sakurai like he did with megaman can make very faithful to his roots, plus his playstyle would be very interesting.

as for the mii i dont see an issue considering mario kart as them. the mii would function probably as a more extreme version of villager but with more of his moveset being drawn from wii sports, sports resort, and music, and im all for little mac.

just being able to see mario, megaman, pac-man, AND sonic all in one game sounds ridiculously hype and would prettt much make this game an even more must buy

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah, I never once saw anyone predict Wii Fit Trainer post Brawl. Plus, though Mega Man was expected, getting Villager correct as well makes the chances that this was just a guess extremely small.

I made an E3 newcomer prediction thread that reached over 600 replies and I read pretty much every post.

Not a single person predicted the Wii Fit Trainer OR the Villager.

Not. A. Single. Person.

Hell nobody even made a character support thread for WFT... And there were character support threads for pretty much every relevant/irrelevant Nintendo character.

This guy knows something.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I wouldn't have had any problem with any of these 3 under normal circumstances, but I don't want Mii and WFT. 3 generic avatars is quite enough, and that's not even all, if you consider Pokemon Trainer.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
This game still needs K. Rool, Ridley, and Geno to be a complete newcomer list. I'm all for Pac-Man by the way. His final smash would be pretty bad***!

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I made an E3 newcomer prediction thread that reached over 600 replies and I read pretty much every post.

Not a single person predicted the Wii Fit Trainer OR the Villager.

Not. A. Single. Person.

Hell nobody even made a character support thread for WFT... And there were character support threads for pretty much every relevant/irrelevant Nintendo character.

This guy knows something.
I had Villager in my roster prediction, just not for E3 reveals. But yeah, WFT was a huge blindside. She didn't even have an icon in that Roster Creator software, which included some pretty outlandish characters, so people who don't have Wii Fit (including me) probably never considered her for a second.

Hickory

Smash Cadet
....what's wrong with Miis? Sakurai is brilliant, he'll be able to find a way to make them work in a way that isn't just punching and kicking.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
....what's wrong with Miis? Sakurai is brilliant, he'll be able to find a way to make them work in a way that isn't just punching and kicking.
My reasons for hating the ideas of Miis are as follows:
-As a player avatar, it's not a distinctive character
-If it is fully customizable, it will be very hard to balance due to changing size and I'll have to fight five thousand Narutos and ****-face Miis online
-If it's not fully customizable, there's no real reason to include it since that's the whole reason for Miis to exist
-Its incredibly low-detail model looks great in games designed around it but will look terrible next to normal characters (my biggest problem with the idea)
-We already have one rep for modern, casual Nintendo games

I can certainly recognize why others might want them, of course. Just my 2c.

Sakurai will of course come up with a brilliant moveset no matter who the character is.

It's happening guys, sorry.
Quite possibly, though I'm loathe to admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom