• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
You guys really have to start being more realistic.

Please, someone give me one good reason why Lloyd deserves the spot more than Pac Man. Keep in mind that one of these characters is a gaming icon.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
If this turns out to be true, I guess I'll be one of a few on the forum that actually won't mind too much. After seeing what's being done with Mega Man thus far, I'd love to see Sakurai's take on Pac Man in a Smash Brothers game. Little Mac would be amazing to have and after seeing what has became of the Villager (in the game and out) I'd be willing to give the Mii moveset a chance.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I personally think that Little Mac is a great addition to the game. As for Pacman and Miis, it's unfortunately probably gonna happen. I hate Pacman because of his design more than anything; I'm sure they can find a decent move-set for him.
As for designs, is anyone else irritated that they're using Samus' Other M design? I think it sucks.

I personally think that Little Mac is a great addition to the game. As for Pacman and Miis, it's unfortunately probably gonna happen. I hate Pacman because of his design more than anything; I'm sure they can find a decent move-set for him.
As for designs, is anyone else irritated that they're using Samus' Other M design? I think it sucks.

Yeah. The Samus thing got to me. I really dug the polished Super Metroid look. Either way, she's still a beast.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm also almost certain they're gonna add Magnus btw. Not because I personally want him in the game, I just believe it's highly likely because of Uprising making Kid Icarus a relevant game series again.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh, I'm also almost certain they're gonna add Magnus btw. Not because I personally want him in the game, I just believe it's highly likely because of Uprising making Kid Icarus a relevant game series again.
Then you have to consider that if they're giving Kid Icarus another rep, Palutena, and even Medusa would have priority over Magnus, due to their huge roles in the series, not to mention potential to add to that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why not just add Palutena?

She's more popular and prominent than Magnus. Heck most of the characters in Uprising are more popular and prominent than Magnus.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yea, a lot of characters in Uprising are more prominent than Magnus, especially the ones you mentioned, but Palutena and Medusa especially seem too overpowered to be fighting alongside all the other characters. It won't look right. Magnus is more level with everyone else, including Pit, and is even playable in a level in Uprising.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yea, a lot of characters in Uprising are more prominent than Magnus, especially the ones you mentioned, but Palutena and Medusa especially seem too overpowered to be fighting alongside all the other characters. It won't look right. Magnus is more level with everyone else, including Pit, and is even playable in a level in Uprising.
Ganondorf looked over powered.

Mewtwo looked over powered.

Samus looked overpowered.

Canon strength means nothing. Especially since Pit was able to fight Palutena just fine in Uprising. Palutena is just fine.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm scared. Of those 6, there's only 1 that I really wanted to see in. Little Mac is decent but not mind-blowing for me. I mean, this could be half the newcomers for all we know!

Wherefore art thou K.Rool, Isaac, Mewtwo and Ridley?
WHEREFORE ******* OUT THOU!?!!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Please, someone give me one good reason why Lloyd deserves the spot more than Pac Man. Keep in mind that one of these characters is a gaming icon.
The reason I don't like Pac-Man is because he was a gaming icon, but that was 33 years ago. The current Pac-Man is just living on the name and his past legacy, no way the character would have been successful without the old arcade game, and even then nobody except for Namco Bandai fans knows anything about his newer games. It's the yellow featureless munching circle that's the gaming icon, not the guy with two eyes, arms, legs and a pinnochio nose.

If this rumor is true, which it looks like it is, Mega Man will be the only newcomer I'm happy with, the others rank from okay to "meh" to hate, Pac-Man and Mii being the ones I really don't want to see.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

You'd think Sakurai saying in the Developer Direct that he isn't just going to put any old third party character into Smash Brothers would kind of tell people that characters like Lloyd are just that: "Any old third party character."

The reason I don't like Pac-Man is because he was a gaming icon, but that was 33 years ago. The current Pac-Man is just living on the name and his past legacy, no way the character would have been successful without the old arcade game, and even then nobody except for Namco Bandai fans knows anything about his newer games. It's the yellow featureless munching circle that's the gaming icon, not the guy with two eyes, arms, legs and a pinnochio nose.

If this rumor is true, which it looks like it is, Mega Man will be the only newcomer I'm happy with, the others rank from okay to "meh" to hate, Pac-Man and Mii being the ones I really don't want to see.

Half of the gaming icons in this game don't look ANYTHING like they did 33 years ago or since their inception. That's a very nitpicky reason to objectify and single out Pac Man on when there's Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Sonic, etcin the Smash series and not a single one looks like they did when they were created and became an icon.

And one could argue that Sonic much like Pac Man is past his glory days. Are we gonna kick him out of the franchise now too?

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Bro, Pac-Man should not be in Super Smash Brothers 4. Yes, I am being extremely bias, and it's my opinion, but many do agree because it's fricken Pac-man. Why the hell would someone choose Pac-Man for a Namco character over Lloyd Irving who is 100x more badass and actually has dual wielding swords. We already got mega MAN, we don't need another fricken MAN, let's just get some badass cool looking fighters, no stupid little blob arcade game mofo's. /endbluntrant
You realise most of what you said is kind of the reason he'll get in. What we don't need is yet more anime-RPG-sword-wielders when true icons of gaming are available; especially since Mega MAN and Pac-MAN have really nothing in common.

Swiggin

Smash Rookie
Since I've heard about this leak, I have been greatly anticipating confirmation on Little Mac (all but confirmed even before this) and Pac-man. I guess I'm mostly indifferent towards Mii. I'm sure he'll be a great character, but I suppose the downside (for me) is that I would rather see other "actual" characters fill his spot.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Since I've heard about this leak, I have been greatly anticipating confirmation on Little Mac (all but confirmed even before this) and Pac-man. I guess I'm mostly indifferent towards Mii. I'm sure he'll be a great character, but I suppose the downside (for me) is that I would rather see other "actual" characters fill his spot.
He won't be taking a "spot". I don't think Sakurai and team choose a roster-size and then fill it and go "ah, we can't have Shulk because we already filled it, too late". Generally, characters are not left out because others got in, they're left out because they're not popular/iconic enough, don't have unique enough a fighting style etc. Characters are either there or not and I don't think any single character's inclusion can hurt the entirety of the game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm scared. Of those 6, there's only 1 that I really wanted to see in. Little Mac is decent but not mind-blowing for me. I mean, this could be half the newcomers for all we know!

Wherefore art thou K.Rool, Isaac, Mewtwo and Ridley?
WHEREFORE ******* OUT THOU!?!!
Sakurai is doing this on purpose to troll the SSB4 speculators and fanboys. :troll:

Swiggin

Smash Rookie
He won't be taking a "spot". I don't think Sakurai and team choose a roster-size and then fill it and go "ah, we can't have Shulk because we already filled it, too late". Generally, characters are not left out because others got in, they're left out because they're not popular/iconic enough, don't have unique enough a fighting style etc. Characters are either there or not and I don't think any single character's inclusion can hurt the entirety of the game.

Right I understand that. I don't think the Mii's presence will hurt the game at all. I'm just speaking out of personal preference that Mii, in particular, will probably be a character that I would say, "I'd rather have Ike in the game than Mii." I felt a similar way about R.O.B. (I <3 U ROB)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Bro, Pac-Man should not be in Super Smash Brothers 4. Yes, I am being extremely bias, and it's my opinion, but many do agree because it's fricken Pac-man. Why the hell would someone choose Pac-Man for a Namco character over Lloyd Irving who is 100x more badass and actually has dual wielding swords. We already got mega MAN, we don't need another fricken MAN, let's just get some badass cool looking fighters, no stupid little blob arcade game mofo's. /endbluntrant
pacman would get in over over namco characters is because he is more iconic to gaming and nintendo history

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Personally I think that even if this supposed leak is not true, the character will end up be in the game anyway. All three were basically shoe-in for me, and I don't dislike them that much. Sure they're not my first choice, but I expect at least 15/16 newcomers, so there's still space for some good character. And anyway Sakurai made me like Wii Fit Trainer: there's nothing he can't do, I'm certain of that now.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
there is a limit sakurai said it himself that a 35 roster is difficult to balance so the more they add the harder to balance, and that's not counting development time they can only add so much.

Mii is the character that I am against I mean we already got wft and villager as a generic humanoid character.

Swiggin

Smash Rookie
And anyway Sakurai made me like Wii Fit Trainer: there's nothing he can't do, I'm certain of that now.
Ha! True enough. Somehow I've grown to like WFT as well. She feels very ZSS to me, which was one of my favorites in brawl.

Kinda off topic but does anyone know if there has been confirmation on having (or not having) character exclusives between 3ds and WiiU?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Ha! True enough. Somehow I've grown to like WFT as well. She feels very ZSS to me, which was one of my favorites in brawl.

Kinda off topic but does anyone know if there has been confirmation on having (or not having) character exclusives between 3ds and WiiU?
Sakurai in the Development Direct said that the two versions will have the same NUMBER of characters, but different stages. It's really weird, I think he meant to be ambiguous. We need a japanese speaker to know what he said in original.

Mii is the character that I am against I mean we already got wft and villager as a generic humanoid character.
Neither of them are generic. They have a very distinct personality (yep, even WFT).

nessokman

Smash Lord
Who is to say the date on that wasn't changed using admin powers, and post edited to say that to freak people out? Not like people try to trick is or anything.

Sakurai has given his opinion on miis before, saying they are gimmicky.

Steelia

Smash Champion
imo, Mii would've been a great addition in SSBB, given that game was featured on the system where the Miis were introduced. But now? People have had quite enough of them invading all the Mario and third-party titles as-is... It would be hilarious to see them used in a competitive environment, though, assuming Sakurai doesn't totally botch this game too.

Could live with Little Mac and Pac-Man, but the idea doesn't have me hyped at all.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Who is to say the date on that wasn't changed using admin powers, and post edited to say that to freak people out? Not like people try to trick is or anything.

Sakurai has given his opinion on miis before, saying they are gimmicky.
The post was not edited, if it's edited it can be easily seen (I think a message like "this post was edited *date*" appears down at the right).

Sakurai said that Villager was not fit for Smash Bros.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Even so, the title to this thread is misleading.a leak doesn't necessarily mean ALL newcomers, it can be a few. Like episodes if a tv show being leaked. I still think that the post with said "leak" was posted after e3 and edited to say the 10th. It wouldn't necessarily be that hard.

If miis are newcomers, I want the MII to be a MII of sakurai. That way I can beat up sakurai for including miis.

e s
The post was not edited, if it's edited it can be easily seen (I think a message like "this post was edited *date*" appears down at the right).

Sakurai said that Villager was not fit for Smash Bros.
Youd be surprised what an admin could do under the radar. Plus they give no source. No explanation where or how the supposed "leak" got to him

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
e s
Youd be surprised what an admin could do under the radar. Plus they give no source. No explanation where or how the supposed "leak" got to him
Yeah, on NeoGAF. The place where if you post a rumor without the source, you get permabanned. The place where you need to wait months if not years to have your account activated. Probably the most strict forum on the internet.
And yeah sure, an ADMIN is trolling us.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Yeah, on NeoGAF. The place where if you post a rumor without the source, you get permabanned. The place where you need to wait months if not years to have your account activated. Probably the most strict forum on the internet.
And yeah sure, an ADMIN is trolling us.
What people do for lulz. Look though! No freaking source-
image.jpg
this could very well be a joke, no proof given=troll

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
One red flag I have for this was he only said he had a source after the reveal. Most news sites will post something as a "rumor" if they can't verify the source.

It is possible he got a lucky guess. He made unlikely picks and was likely just picking somewhat relevant characters that people don't think about (like Wii Fit Trainer). I'm also skeptical of Sakurai adding Mii and Pac-Man. The latter because he said he isn't going to add any character and Pac-Man is more expected than wanted. It remains to be seen. They wont all be unveiled at E3 though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wonder though, what if he added three to-be-confirmed-characters and then throws three of his characters he wishes to see, so he makes us believe the rumor is true?

On the other hand, man, Sakurai and his team needs to step up with keeping roster-stuff much more closed in than this.

Chu: You've been proven wrong enough... so he might just do opposite and add Pac-Man due sheer expectation and demand. Moveset won't be problem either.

nessokman

Smash Lord
One red flag I have for this was he only said he had a source after the reveal. Most news sites will post something as a "rumor" if they can't verify the source.

It is possible he got a lucky guess. He made unlikely picks and was likely just picking somewhat relevant characters that people don't think about (like Wii Fit Trainer). I'm also skeptical of Sakurai adding Mii and Pac-Man. The latter because he said he isn't going to add any character and Pac-Man is more expected than wanted. It remains to be seen. They wont all be unveiled at E3 though.
I redflag this. Megaman has been requested for years, he said "animal crossing guy" not specifying a certain character, but saying there would be one. Wii fit trainer could have been a lucky guess. He did say predictions

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So it means this rumor is still rather uncertain? Can't think so really.

We have even the boxing arena which would imply Mac's reveal, so I'm sure Pac and Mii will follow.

I wonder what happens after them though. On the other hand, I wonder has Sakurai just abandoned the hardcore fans quite a lot here because we now have 2-4 characters which appeal to mass casual gamers (depending on your tastes) and 2 which are for hardcore. By this logic SSB4 will be gearing even more to casuals/non-gamers in means of a roster?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Even after it's leaked that Pac is in the game you still refuse to give him a chance.
You're in denial I'm afraid sir.

And yes he did say he had a source before the reveal. In another post he mad he said he had a friend in Nitnendo. He even gave us some documentation that he had.
Then he made this prediction just being coy and saying they are unlikely.

I wonder what happens after them though. On the other hand, I wonder has Sakurai just abandoned the hardcore fans quite a lot here because we now have 2-4 characters which appeal to mass casual gamers (depending on your tastes) and 2 which are for hardcore. By this logic SSB4 will be gearing even more to casuals/non-gamers in means of a roster?
I'd say more of the characters that cater to core gamers are unlockable and therefore will not be revealed until after release.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace

You need to stop posting this assumption everywhere and ignoring people talking sense.

These reveals don't reflect the final roster; from here on out it could be all the most wanted "hardcore" characters exclusively, who knows! It's surprisingly likely we'll see more of them after they announce Mii and WFT and get that out of the way.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Even after it's leaked that Pac is in the game you still refuse to give him a chance.
You're in denial I'm afraid sir.
There a a lot of people that aren't as keen on third party characters. Megaman works because he's cool, has a lot of moves and some strong history with the company. A lot of people really wanted him too. But Pac-Man is none of that. He isn't really popular, he doesn't have cool moves and no real history with Nintendo. So it would feel like filler which is not what a third party character is suppose to do.

As an aside, Megaman is a good pick.

And yes he did say he had a source before the reveal. In another post he mad he said he had a friend in Nitnendo. He even gave us some documentation that he had.
Then he made this prediction just being coy and saying they are unlikely.
Any other news site would have posted it as a rumor before "Insider sources tell me......." Even hedge the statement with "we are unsure of the validity of the source" or "What do you all think. Could this be true?" Instead, he says some unlikely predictions and only claims he had a sources after the reveal. That sounds kind of fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom