• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So like... Zero and Tron instead of Megaman?
I absolutely loved Tron and I can certainly see the arguments that Zero works better in Marvel's style than Megaman. I'm not a hardcore Megaman fan myself, so I didn't mind his inclusion.

That said, I am not advocating what you propose at all. I'm saying that I wouldn't mind only existing franchises with less representation that arguably deserve more, basically not Kirby, Zelda, Mario, or Pokemon, receiving more reps. So, for example, Ridley for Metroid, Chrom/Roy/whoever for Fire Emblem, K. Rool for DK, etc etc.

I just watched that video again, and they the only thing they said that was relatively close to that was that they intentionally didn't show Wii Fit Trainer, and saved her for last. But they also said that was the last thing for the day, so.
Thanks for tracking that down! Must have missed or forgotten that last bit.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I absolutely loved Tron and I can certainly see the arguments that Zero works better in Marvel's style than Megaman. I'm not a hardcore Megaman fan myself, so I didn't mind his inclusion.

That said, I am not advocating what you propose at all. I'm saying that I wouldn't mind only existing franchises with less representation that arguably deserve more, basically not Kirby, Zelda, Mario, or Pokemon, receiving more reps. So, for example, Ridley for Metroid, Chrom/Roy/whoever for Fire Emblem, K. Rool for DK, etc etc.
I know I know... I was just messin'. I agree with what you're saying more or less.

Fortunately, I have no serious desires for any characters to be in Smash 4 that aren't guaranteed to be there, so whatever ends up being in it is gravy to me. Chrom would be hype as **** though. So would Anna.

Revealing WFT and Mii at E3 would make the cast seem a little... bland though, unless they somehow make the Mii seem not bland.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I know I know... I was just messin'. I agree with what you're saying more or less.

Fortunately, I have no serious desires for any characters to be in Smash 4 that aren't guaranteed to be there, so whatever ends up being in it is gravy to me. Chrom would be hype as **** though. So would Anna.
Haha, sorry. Sometimes I think the internet has killed my ability to detect humor via text.

I'd also love Chrom or Anna, and I think at least one of them is pretty likely.

Revealing WFT and Mii at E3 would make the cast seem a little... bland though, unless they somehow make the Mii seem not bland.
I'm sure Mii will have a ridiculous moveset, quite possibly from the 3DS StreetPass game, like you said. All I really worry about is how jarring he will be aesthetically when compared with the rest of the cast.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Haha, sorry. Sometimes I think the internet has killed my ability to detect humor via text.

I'd also love Chrom or Anna, and I think at least one of them is pretty likely.

I'm sure Mii will have a ridiculous moveset, quite possibly from the 3DS StreetPass game, like you said. All I really worry about is how jarring he will be aesthetically when compared with the rest of the cast.
Well G&W and Kirby aren't bland, and if Mii gets items from the Street Pass game it'll be easier to make it looks more lifelike. Don't forget how good the animations will be.

I kinda hope that Miis aren't customizable though, gameplay or aesthetics.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well G&W and Kirby aren't bland, and if Mii gets items from the Street Pass game it'll be easier to make it looks more lifelike. Don't forget how good the animations will be.

I kinda hope that Miis aren't customizable though, gameplay or aesthetics.
Same. Customizable gameplay is just begging for imbalance, and customizable aesthetics could only be the head, because you can't really change the character's size, and with that the whole idea of customization becomes a little awkward.

If Mii is in I'd really rather they just give him 6-8 different present hair/skin combinations.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
wasn't there suppose 6 inaccessible videos on the smashbrosch on youtube before it began redirecting ppl to nintendo's YT page? If so then it might be safe to say they might close out E3 tomorrow with these 3 characters being unveiled and possibly demo'd like what sakurai did for megaman yesterday.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
God....
ONE character I like (Megaman), one I'm indifferent to(Little Mac), three generic humanoids I don't like at all, especially Mii, though Villager seems fun to play, and then my most disliked third party that has a chance.
If Sakurai left out either Ridley, K Rool, or Mewtwo, for this, I will officially say this is one of the worst possible rosters in any Smash game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have to believe this is true simply because of him guessing Wii Fit Trainer. Nobody guessed her.

I'm also okay with whoever they add now because if they can make Wii Fit Trainer work? They can make just about anyone work.

Sakurai's a mastermind at creating move sets when he puts his mind to it.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I have to believe this is true simply because of him guessing Wii Fit Trainer. Nobody guessed her.
Somebody in the general chat thread said he expected her but didn't say anything about it. I think he was serious?

wasn't there suppose 6 inaccessible videos on the smashbrosch on youtube before it began redirecting ppl to nintendo's YT page? If so then it might be safe to say they might close out E3 tomorrow with these 3 characters being unveiled and possibly demo'd like what sakurai did for megaman yesterday.
People were saying that there were upwards of 10 unlisted videos.

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
This ''leak'' terrifies me. It is so underwhelming if true.
I can't begin to express how bad this is. lol
but, there is a possibikity that he guessed it. I know everyone thinks it's unlikely, but think about it:
What are the most popular Nintendo IPs that don't already have a character?Animal CrossingWii FitOther Wii branded games.Mii is also similar to a Wii mascot as a whole.
Then, he listed the 2 most likely and recognizable 3rd parties,.
and finally, the character who the most people think is a guarantee. So really, they all do make sense and are guessable. He could've gotten lucky.
The only reason we believe him is because of the Wii Fit Trainer. She was somewhat out of left-field, but if we put our biases aside, Wii Fit is very popular and Sakurai hates the fans, so it makes sense.
It is very possible that someone would guess this. I mean, if it were any different, SOMEONE would've been right, right?
I may be reaching, but it's still possible. Let's hold out hope this guy is full of **** an jut an amazing guesser.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I would love for pacman to be in the game and, i know im going to get fired up for this but, i can't believe how close-minded and tight you people are. Pac-man is not the end of the world. I admit, and i don't care what u say, i absolutely despised and detested mega man for the game and i ranted for a day, but i learned to open my mind, get a megaman game to see what the hype was about, and now i want him in the game. All of you mii and pacman haters need to wake up and smell the beautiful roses because pacman and mii are coming!

Kantrip

Kantplay
God....
ONE character I like (Megaman), one I'm indifferent to(Little Mac), three generic humanoids I don't like at all, especially Mii, though Villager seems fun to play, and then my most disliked third party that has a chance.
If Sakurai left out either Ridley, K Rool, or Mewtwo, for this, I will officially say this is one of the worst possible rosters in any Smash game.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I would love for pacman to be in the game and, i know im going to get fired up for this but, i can't believe how close-minded and tight you people are. Pac-man is not the end of the world. I admit, and i don't care what u say, i absolutely despised and detested mega man for the game and i ranted for a day, but i learned to open my mind, get a megaman game to see what the hype was about, and now i want him in the game. All of you mii and pacman haters need to wake up and smell the beautiful roses because pacman and mii are coming!
Bro, Pac-Man should not be in Super Smash Brothers 4. Yes, I am being extremely bias, and it's my opinion, but many do agree because it's fricken Pac-man. Why the hell would someone choose Pac-Man for a Namco character over Lloyd Irving who is 100x more badass and actually has dual wielding swords. We already got mega MAN, we don't need another fricken MAN, let's just get some badass cool looking fighters, no stupid little blob arcade game mofo's. /endbluntrant

But it's really whatever if Pac-man get's in considering how this game needs as much "general hype" as it can get for the WII U... that'd be so sad if mii/ pac man gets confirmed, but hey, that's just me.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bro, Pac-Man should not be in Super Smash Brothers 4. Yes, I am being extremely bias, and it's my opinion, but many do agree because it's fricken Pac-man. Why the hell would someone choose Pac-Man for a Namco character over Lloyd Irving who is 100x more badass and actually has dual wielding swords. We already got mega MAN, we don't need another fricken MAN, let's just get some badass cool looking fighters, no stupid little blob arcade game mofo's. /endbluntrant

I hate to bust your chops man because preferring Lloyd to Pac Man is cool and all but Lloyd don't have two things that Pac Man does.

1) Large visibility amongst both gamers and common folks.
2) A huge gaming legacy.

Pac Man > Lloyd.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Hey JustABill from the hype! I'm pretty pumped if Little Mac gets in. And heck we may still get Ridley and Rool. Sakurai knows they are popular.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

Explain as to why Pac-Man shouldin't be in other than Lloyd wielding sword gives him more of a reason to get in over Pac-Man?.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I highly doubt Miis will be customizable. If they are, size and moveset will certainly be standardized, but I feel like we'll just get a bunch of different Mii costumes with different shirt colours/hair/face/etc

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Explain as to why Pac-Man shouldin't be in other than Lloyd wielding sword gives him more of a reason to get in over Pac-Man?.
I don't need to explain since me explaining anything won't change the fact that PacMan may be revealed in the game. I was just overemphasizing my point, I respect everyone's opinions and I'd be fine with Pacman, I just think Lloyd would be way more unique to be honest. But Pacman could be cool, I just don't like the character really...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Amongst Link and the 2 or 3 FE reps we will get, the likely hood of Takamaru and the possibility that Ganondorf has been majorly reworked to include his sword.

Lloyd's really not gonna be that much of an individual.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Why are people so against having Pacman in this game? He's a gaming legend! It'd be cool to have him in this game. Honestly, I want to know why. I only see people whine but I don't get it. Is it cause you're thinking "What would his moves be?!??!!?" If so, Fox and Captain Falcon never stepped out of their vehicles before Smash Bros (granted, Captain Falcon was in some F-Zero comic that came with the game or something, I don't really remember, but he fought in it) and look how the developers handled that. Or I guess like some guy earlier said, you'd prefer some "cooler" Namco character. Fair enough, I wouldn't mind seeing some Tekken character like Heihachi since I grew up with Tekken 2.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
You should use the word unique lightly. He has a sword.

So do characters like Link, Takamaru, Shulk, Lloyd, MetaKnight, Ike, Marth, and Pit to an extent yet they're all unique. Having multiple sword characters doesn't mean they can't all be unique and distinct from each other.

Anyways I'd be a bit bummed out about the inclusion of Miis but then again I'm not sure what Sakurai has in store in how to use/upload them. While I do prefer Lloyd > Pac-Man I would be incredibly disheartened if Lloyd, Shulk, and Isaac were unplayable in this upcoming game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You should use the word unique lightly. He has a sword.
I guess Little Mac isn't unique either.

Mario punches too. So does Captain Falcon and Fox and Donkey Kong, and Kirby.

There should be no more fist users.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
Nobody is coosed-minded for thinking Pacman sucks. Having standards is ok.
Third parties should be judged harshly anyway.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd rather Pac Man simply because none of the sword wielding characters do a single thing for me.

Smash Brothers should be about variety. Pac Man offers more variety

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
So do characters like Link, Takamaru, Shulk, Lloyd, MetaKnight, Ike, Marth, and Pit to an extent yet they're all unique. Having multiple sword characters doesn't mean they can't all be unique and distinct from each other.

Anyways I'd be a bit bummed out about the inclusion of Miis but then again I'm not sure what Sakurai has in store in how to use/upload them. While I do prefer Lloyd > Pac-Man I would be incredibly disheartened if Lloyd, Shulk, and Isaac were unplayable in this upcoming game.
I agree yo, I want all of them in hahaha

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd rather Pac Man simply because none of the sword wielding characters do a single thing for me.

Smash Brothers should be about variety. Pac Man offers more variety
Does he punch?

Not unique.

Really Lloyd is just as unique as Pac-Man.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm just saying if I want to play a sword wielder in a game like Smash Brothers I'm either gonna go for Link for being well Link or more likely to turn the Wii U off and put Soul Calibur in another system.

None of the sword wielding characters have an interesting individualistic unique flare to me in Brawl. Link, Meta Knight and Pit are probably the most unique, the others just blend together in my opinion.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Miis?
Expect penis faces and Adolf Hitlers galor online!
But really though, Mii's arent needed. Besides, Villager already fills the slot as the quirky chibi character.

Mac and Pac get me hyped though, so It's all good I guess.

I guess Little Mac isn't unique either.

Mario punches too. So does Captain Falcon and Fox and Donkey Kong, and Kirby.

There should be no more fist users.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

I said he should use the term "Lightly".

I don't think I sound ridiculous of me saying that a character that has a weapon with a finite list of moves is less unique. Also, the only move that Fox actually punches with are the first 2 hits of his jab and his F-throw. Kirby only punches for his jab and pummel. You can't really compare characters who use punches in their attacks to a Boxer, who relies on punching for a majority, if not all of their moves.

We have Link, Marth, Ike, Toon link, Meta Knight with swords. Even though they emphasize on using their weapons differently, it would be much more refreshing to see a character with a disjointed weapon that was different, like a Halberd, Axe, or something of the sort.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm not to kind on Miis, they would just use sporting equipment, instruments, and wii party stuff. Which would seem boring.

Pac-Man and Little Mac would be pretty cool. I cound see Pac-Man throwing a line of pellets and gobbling them up to get back on stage.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
lol what the **** you guys

Random dude on NeoGaf guessed three characters =/=SSB4 roster leaked

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I said he should use the term "Lightly".

I don't think I sound ridiculous of me saying that a character that has a weapon with a finite list of moves is less unique. Also, the only move that Fox actually punches with are the first 2 hits of his jab and his F-throw. Kirby only punches for his jab and pummel. You can't really compare characters who use punches in their attacks to a Boxer, who relies on punching for a majority, if not all of their moves.

We have Link, Marth, Ike, Toon link, Meta Knight with swords. Even though they emphasize on using their weapons differently, it would be much more refreshing to see a character with a disjointed weapon that was different, like a Halberd, Axe, or something of the sort.
My point still stands.

Alright. Then all those characters kick! I say we kick the kickers! Of course any form of fighting has a finite list. That doesn't change the fact that all those lists are huge! The possibilities are endless with a little imagination.

Look at what Lloyd does when his sword. Does it look like anything else existing characters can do? Refreshing is relative. Besides...you just got your ax user with villager.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I don't need to explain since me explaining anything won't change the fact that PacMan may be revealed in the game. I was just overemphasizing my point, I respect everyone's opinions and I'd be fine with Pacman, I just think Lloyd would be way more unique to be honest. But Pacman could be cool, I just don't like the character really...

Thats true he will still get in even tho you more or less just explained to me why you don't think he should get in (1) cause hes not sword user and (2) you don't like him and (3) you dont seem to think hes unique.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Tbh I hope it's wrong. Little Mac I can understand, but this Pac-man and Mii thing is just ridiculous to me. Then again, we have WFT and I'm still getting used to her being a newcomer... so what am I saying? Even then I'm starting to worry about the roster. I know it's been a day since the trailer's reveal, but maybe I just worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom