• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I always did the combo where you stun them with the grab like attack and then they would bounce back just far enough to take the hammer all in the face, a perfect set up. And hells yeah you can be Wing characters but they're all Endless Waltz versions.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
is that game for ps1? if so it was one of my first played 2d fighters lolol

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I own GBA2, I can bring it if you don't own it Reflex.
Gundam Hammer was so overpowered, you could tell because he stops time to work out the first like one thousand frames, then hits you instantly when it comes out. Also, if you hit them and they lay down and cry, you can hit them with the other two hammers to bring them down to about 1 bar of health. Ask me if this is fair lol.

I main Epyon, so sexy. I think he might actually be overpowered too.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I own GBA2, I can bring it if you don't own it Reflex.
Gundam Hammer was so overpowered, you could tell because he stops time to work out the first like one thousand frames, then hits you instantly when it comes out. Also, if you hit them and they lay down and cry, you can hit them with the other two hammers to bring them down to about 1 bar of health. Ask me if this is fair lol.

I main Epyon, so sexy. I think he might actually be overpowered too.
Gotta learn to tech, XD.

You should bring the game; I would like that.

I used the Zaku II and Zaku II S...and the Ball repair robot.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i was thinking of making a hiphop tribute to smash
most of you guys dont know this but rapping is one of my hobbies :-P

i struggle to find the medium between my inner gangsta and my inner nerd

Wine

Smash Cadet
Ugh... I feel like ****.

I went out to the country for the weekend (like, 30 minutes away from Auburn). I had a fun time riding 4 wheelers and shooting bb guns but now I feel like total crap.

And Nu, sorry for not returning your text. My phone died because I didn't have a charger with me.
its all good, you need to smash with me and george soon, you live like 5 minutes away from me

Winnar

Smash Lord
metaknight and snake are like melee sheik and melee marth. they're just good regardless

imo, kirby and g&w are more like melee jiggs and melee falcon. they aren't just good for no reason, but in the right hands they are pretty much unstoppable

zelda, not so much, her recovery sucks, and her gameplay is one dimensional.

kirby's main problem is the startup and winddown lag of his smashes, other than that, kirby is skrate ********, his tilts are beast, his aerial game is beast, his edgeguard game is beast, his recovery is beast, and he has like nine different ways to kill you at a low percent.

gamewatch has nine different ways to kill you at an even lower percent.
and he can chase- upsmash after a dthrow which is basically unfair considering upsmash kills most characters at like 75

and most characters don't seem to have an answer to gw's bair
If you're playing Snake you shouldn't be having a terribly tough time with G&W, but yeah he does wreck at least half the cast.

I have more troubles with Kirby :(

Also the next tourney or whatever I'm probably going to go Falcon the majority of it. At least in doubles, where he isn't the worst character in the cast >_> I dunno, I'll have to play it by ear. At neither of the two TCS's I attended did I intend to use Snake, but I almost went Snake exclusively in both so...yeah D:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I can beat GW's and Kirbys with Snake.
really most characters aren't a problem for snake, I personally can't fight lucario with snake though. but rob ***** lucario, so i'm scrate.
and I can't beat danGR's olimar with snake. but i can't beat his olimar with anyone so :-P

I feel lik GW's top three int he game though

this is actually only the second tournament where I went perma-snake.
the last time I did it was at one of the ensley tournaments, where I got third place and got wrecked by moogle in losers finals
and then will 3 stocked my snake in friendlies after the tournament

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
smash sucks, play guilty gear ETC.............

Yeah Reflex, I sure will. I actually need to get ahold of you this evening, you've been doing the whole idle busy offline thing the past couple days. I need to figure out what all you want me to bring to our barbie horse ride adventure tommorow.

Also, I've heard that the the Lucario v ROB matchup was fairly even, with only a slight advantage to ROB. Then again, ROB boards are a bit quirky with their matchup discussions, but they all seem to agree it's right around even.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I just got Super Mario Galaxy the other day, and omfg it is way way way better than I ever thought it would be. This game rocks my socks.

Also hey Nu, I was just talking about you and your Lucas/ROB delicousness a little bit ago. =)

Wine

Smash Cadet
I just got Super Mario Galaxy the other day, and omfg it is way way way better than I ever thought it would be. This game rocks my socks.

Also hey Nu, I was just talking about you and your Lucas/ROB delicousness a little bit ago. =)
my rob is garbage :[ but ill accept lucas complements lol...but srsly hes getting pretty dry, i need something more to change my game up, im getting too predictable..so ill take any advice if anyone has it.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Adam, your lucas should team up with my ness. Our team name will be "My brother from another Mother".

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Geou! :D it's about time you posted here.
Haha, you're right.
Geou! It's been a million years since we've played ssb64 online
I'm surprised you remember me! I remember you having a killer Jigglypuff. Fun times.
really? so geou really isnt the same guy as george??

i stand confused.

and yes sorry i havent got on lately. weekends are busy man. i be on everyday during the week haha.

YOU REMEBERED MY NAME! you get a cookie.
According to the Power Rankings, George is a really good player, so I'm flattered you thought my Kirby was his, haha. And thanks for the cookie.:bee:

Again, I hope to see you guys in a tourney sometime. Later!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Your ledge game for ROB needed the most work, that's where I spent most of our fights dominating. You need to work more around safer tactics using the Laser and Gyro, and becoming more accurate as well. I could almost always known when to expect laser and blocked 4/5 of them. Try shorthopping Lasers or just moving weird before using them to throw the opponent off guard, and if he's just too good at dodging, safe a highly charged laser for when they're recovering, since it's evil at gimping.

I won't lie, your ROB is much in lacking, but dont be so hard on yourself, it's far from garbage lol.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Adam, your lucas should team up with my ness. Our team name will be "My brother from another Mother".
Yawn. Already done before.

(as a side note, F U NoA. I want my EB on VC already! Screw your darn lawyers.)

(as another side note, is anyone going to Waba? I'm tempted...)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Well ****. And yeah duch, we might get a pool going.

AND I JUST FOUND OUT BROCK IS THE VOICE OF JAMES AND MISTY IS THE VOICE OF JESSIE. EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i was thinking of making a hiphop tribute to smash
most of you guys dont know this but rapping is one of my hobbies :-P

i struggle to find the medium between my inner gangsta and my inner nerd
hahaha me also. i dance. ok... so im not gangsta :[
but mainly what i do is music. i play noise and proggresive punk music. its a completely different world.
i think its really cool how smash brings all people of different social groups and backgrounds togother and everyone for the most part is just accepted and has a ton of fun being together because we have one thing in common.
smash.
otherwise alot of us probably never would have crossed paths. and thatd be unfortunate.
[/lameness and mushy moment]

now i will go back to being an ***
:D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
T1J, a rap tribute to smash would be awesome. Make sure it's done well though. No amateurish fruity loops beats or Casio keyboard beats please (lookin' at you, soulja boi)

brawl sucks

play melee

etc.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
So i had to post this out of sheer amazement. The video isn't so important as the quote that comes after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G1XVSaFrk4&feature=related

Ojin0's comment:

"Falcon Flakes

A cereal crammed with Blue Falcon blueberry and Raptor Boost raspberry puffed pieces with a crunch that'll PUNCH the deafness out of deaf people. Every bite is like a sweetspotted knee to the jaw, shocking your taste buds with sheer awesome and justice.

It's a manly nutritional breakfast, guaranteed to increase manliness among men and impregnate women. Falcon Flakes: Show me your bowls!

Seriously, what in the **** is up with that song? Rofl, it's amazing, and so is this vid. =P"

Joot, go buy some immediately and your falcon will transform into darkrain himself.

Top Bottom