• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
i just read the interview with m2k
where among other things, he name-drops reflex as being one his tougher opponents :-D

but it got me thinking what if we had interviews and newsletters and **** in AL, it could help jumpstart the scene
i was also thinking of trying to get a carpooling situation going because there's no reason that someone from tuscaloosa can't attend a tournament in birmingham etc.

iono just random ideas rolling through my head, maybe i'm reaching too much
Those aren't bad ideas at all. In Madison, we basically got everyone together on facebook who plays brawl competitively and we post who's driving down and who wants to go and whatnot.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I still feel the shame from M2K's double two stocking. Like Zolo vs. Mihawk, or Ichigo vs. Byakuya...main characters always get humilated by the last boss in the beginning of the series.

Interviews would be nice. Huntsville/Madison has a good carpool system going today(we kinda have to, considering where all the tourneys are).

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
interviews with tournament winners or people at the tournament to get feedback about it and show others how it was and get AL better know and stuff would be cool.
very cool.

lol me and kalm and ref got a carpool system going for the montgomery area smashers..

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
Well Will that clan montage video was simply amazing. The music choice, gameplay, and players made brawl look fun. xD
Favorite Sections:
Masta: O.o two vs one? I dun care I'll flat out own you anyway. xD At a way.
Shisui: Your fox is amazing. :x Too bad I don't see many play like you
Sephiroth: You make Snake look more broken than he already is.
BrawL: xD Your IC Chain grabs are too pro.

My two cents~

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Permanently in the works it seems. I don't think I'll be happy with it until every combo in it would be the highlight of any other Samus vid, and every time I end up doing something like that it doesn't get recorded >_<

Also I'm terrible at video-editing.

And I'm an anal retentive perfectionist.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i wanna make a solimar combo video :D

not that i know how to use him or anything at all...

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Elliot sent me the anime opening where it comes from, it had tech skill but no mindgames.

And thanks for everyone's comments.
I think you've got that backwards. It has inconsistent tech skill (so many QUALITY moments) but amazing mindgames (you're never sure - is it really bad, or is it being bad on purpose?).

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I liked Will_'s clips better than the rest of them- lots of variation. The others were a bit too repetitive like the wolf player. Most of his clips were spikes or messed up recoveries that turned into stage spikes. They were pretty funny though.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Man I am sitting here kicking dust and going "D'aaawwww I suck in those clips"

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Ugh... I feel like ****.

I went out to the country for the weekend (like, 30 minutes away from Auburn). I had a fun time riding 4 wheelers and shooting bb guns but now I feel like total crap.

And Nu, sorry for not returning your text. My phone died because I didn't have a charger with me.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
****, my record sucked...
ANYONE WITH A S H I T T Y POOLS RECORD!!!!!!

id like to turn your attention to pool#5 (look at my record and cheer up)

i personally would have preferred if "forfeit was written all over my name" (but I WILL NOT leave early next time)

all those 2-0s make me look like a terrible player.....
im not terrible am i?

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
ANYONE WITH A S H I T T Y POOLS RECORD!!!!!!

id like to turn your attention to pool#5 (look at my record and cheer up)

i personally would have preferred if "forfeit was written all over my name" (but I WILL NOT leave early next time)

all those 2-0s make me look like a terrible player.....
im not terrible am i?

You aren't going to let yourself be judged by a pool you had to drop out of are you? You did decent in Vulcan Gamebox 4 pools if I recall. So no, you're not terrible.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so, I'm thinking of trying a special side tourney at every tournament like low tier

i also want to try a stamina mode tourney, fast mode tourney, maybe an items tourney

next time, i'm thinking of doing an all-metaknight tournament :-D

Top Bottom