• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Aurorazoni!!!!! you ignored me on the AiB chat!

lol stamina mode would be cool.

i think you should bring in side games and host a tourney for that too.
so itd go
1. singles
2. doubles
3. low tier/whatever, items, stamina, etc.
4. COOKING MAMA TOURENY!! EXTREME!!!!

reimeii

Smash Apprentice

You aren't going to let yourself be judged by a pool you had to drop out of are you? You did decent in Vulcan Gamebox 4 pools if I recall. So no, you're not terrible.

im not judging myself based on it, its just i think its funny how it says that i lost every match that i never played, (not complaining)
if anything im just pissed that i was pooled with people that i wanted to play (like my rematch with nice1........geez that first set of matches we played he made me look like i just bought the game an hour ago) and never got to play them...so look out.....im really breaking a thumb over practice for this

and another thing...for those that played me in the doubles.........next time....if i dont find a partner i WILL ENTER THE DOUBLES ALONE (my partner practically ruined my time there)

my apologies for turning this into a vent post......really looking forward to the next tournament

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
so, I'm thinking of trying a special side tourney at every tournament like low tier

i also want to try a stamina mode tourney, fast mode tourney, maybe an items tourney

next time, i'm thinking of doing an all-metaknight tournament :-D
i suggested a lightning mode tournament and it was almost immediately shut down.....but it might pass as a special side tournament though.......i would definately enter that

and stamina meelee just seemed too funny especially when someone was killed, that slow motion effect is just too funny

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
i suggested a lightning mode tournament and it was almost immediately shut down.....but it might pass as a special side tournament though.......i would definately enter that

and stamina meelee just seemed too funny especially when someone was killed, that slow motion effect is just too funny
xD When my brother and I played we did that special brawl just for that reason. It was too fun and funny.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
im not judging myself based on it, its just i think its funny how it says that i lost every match that i never played, (not complaining)
if anything im just pissed that i was pooled with people that i wanted to play (like my rematch with nice1........geez that first set of matches we played he made me look like i just bought the game an hour ago) and never got to play them...so look out.....im really breaking a thumb over practice for this

and another thing...for those that played me in the doubles.........next time....if i dont find a partner i WILL ENTER THE DOUBLES ALONE (my partner practically ruined my time there)

my apologies for turning this into a vent post......really looking forward to the next tournament
Tipper-jolt combo ftw. Sorry you had a terrible partner. Hopefully we can play a better doubles match next time.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
calling all Alabamians

or Alabamans

whatever your state calls yourselves

as much of you as possible must accompany luis here to march gigabits in orlando, fl

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be in Tennessee on that day fighting Lee Martin if he comes.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
g&w is almost as broken as metaknight imho
I'm convinced that Kirby, Zelda, and Mr. G&W are all "pretty good, but not any more than that".

A majority of their moves are easily-telegraphed, which holds them back from being what I would consider high tier.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm convinced that Kirby, Zelda, and Mr. G&W are all "pretty good, but not any more than that".

A majority of their moves are easily-telegraphed, which holds them back from being what I would consider high tier.
metaknight and snake are like melee sheik and melee marth. they're just good regardless

imo, kirby and g&w are more like melee jiggs and melee falcon. they aren't just good for no reason, but in the right hands they are pretty much unstoppable

zelda, not so much, her recovery sucks, and her gameplay is one dimensional.

kirby's main problem is the startup and winddown lag of his smashes, other than that, kirby is skrate ********, his tilts are beast, his aerial game is beast, his edgeguard game is beast, his recovery is beast, and he has like nine different ways to kill you at a low percent.

gamewatch has nine different ways to kill you at an even lower percent.
and he can chase- upsmash after a dthrow which is basically unfair considering upsmash kills most characters at like 75

and most characters don't seem to have an answer to gw's bair

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
metaknight and snake are like melee sheik and melee marth. they're just good regardless

imo, kirby and g&w are more like melee jiggs and melee falcon. they aren't just good for no reason, but in the right hands they are pretty much unstoppable

zelda, not so much, her recovery sucks, and her gameplay is one dimensional.

kirby's main problem is the startup and winddown lag of his smashes, other than that, kirby is skrate ********, his tilts are beast, his aerial game is beast, his edgeguard game is beast, his recovery is beast, and he has like nine different ways to kill you at a low percent.

gamewatch has nine different ways to kill you at an even lower percent.
and he can chase- upsmash after a dthrow which is basically unfair considering upsmash kills most characters at like 75

and most characters don't seem to have an answer to gw's bair
All three of them are one-dimensional, really.

Zelda has her Smashes, a couple tilts, and Din's Fire.

Zelda's good moves require her to stand in place. If she has to chase you, she's done, unless she lands a B-Air or F-Air.

Kirby has his Smashes, his tilts, low-percent grab stuff, Back-Air, and GUNDAM Hammer.

Kirby is too slow; just stay away from him, and you won't have to worry much.

G&W has his Smashes, Down-Tilt, Back-Air/Neutral-Air, and Up-B.

All of G&W's kill moves are easy to see coming.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Zelda is an awfully overrated character. All of her attacks are so telegraphed that it's ridiculously easy to avoid with some practice. Also, she's absolutely awful at approaching, something she has to do often with such a bad projectile.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's awsome, you're like the only person I've ever met whose played that game. Heck yeah it was overpowered, didn't it take away a whole life bar? I loved the way the voice actor yelled it in the single player mode. GUNDAM HAMMER!!
If the opponent was doing anything other than blocking, it hit on Frame 1, so they took it in the face. Instantly took away one life bar of your three. So good.

And, I quite like the game. It's fun.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
When the announcer says "Zelda", it sounds like he said "Santa".

Brawl announcer sucks btw.

EDIT: That gundam fighting game sounds whack. Can you be Wing characters?

Top Bottom