• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
dont worry, my bro is a professional caliber beat producer.
Alabamians, have you heard the song "Alabama Anthem"
my brother made the beat to that

i think i just might do low tier doubles at the next tourney.

please let me know really soon if you guys are going to Waba, I will have to find someone to work for me.

all that matchup nonsense doesn't apply to me I dont think. I ignore the boards when it comes to matchups, because apparently I play differently than everyone else.
like I wouldn't dream of picking peach against olimar, that makes no sense to me.
and Rob ***** lucario mainly because lucario basically can't recover against rob.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
I may get flammed for this but...
Playing on Wi-Fi against people on the AiB ladder may help you with prediction. <.< You'll be punished so many times that you will eventually find a solution to your predictability.
=/ At least it was better than saying "Don't be predictable"

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Like uh...what kind of hacks?

(also coloring your text like that is obnoxious cause it makes it harder to read)

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
Twilight hack, Allows you to enable things like: No Tripping, L Cancelling, Hit Stun, Shield Stun, Change the Rise/Fall Speed, Ledge Lag, ect.

Check out some of the replays on youtube, Keyword: Brawl+

I don't agree with all the mods you can use, but since you have a personal choice, it's all gravy. I've been trying to figure out if the competitive scene would ever consider using it instead of regular brawlawlawl. Be a lot of debates over which mods to use I'm sure.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I doubt it will ever catch on as anything more than a side tourney like lightning or stamina modes, but it does look interesting. Course the main thing about it is the hitstun and combos and I was never a big fan of receiving 0 to death combos from Foxes in melee to begin with so...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hitstun and l-canceling are completely and utterly broken in brawl, due mostly to the fact that you can't DI out of combos, even with smash DI, aerial mobility is so good in brawl, as well as the game's ******** hitboxes really nullify any kind of DI. and the high number of moves that come out really quickly.

metaknight= dair, dsmash, dair, dair, dair, dair, dair, up-b. death.

fox-=dair, uptilt, dair, uptilt, dair uptilt, dair, uptilt,, dair upsmash. death

etc.

also, i've been fun-cancelled by my job so I can't go to waba

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
T1J, have you talked to your brother about the beat? I think we're due for another Shined Blind type song. As a beat.

To your tribute.

All the Barlw, Melee, and 64 sounds and tracks have been ripped extensively, so your brother would have tons of sounds and tracks to sample.

brawl sux

play melee

etc.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
we've talked about it.
i'm thinking of titling the song "No Johns"
and maybe making a three versions, one for each version of smash.
now I just have to overcome my laziness

do you know any convenient links with the tracks on there for download :-D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
uhhhhhhh well, I know there are a few torrents for the brawl ost up you could just grab, since it's like 1.3 gb altogether.
the ssb64 is fairly easy to extract
as is the melee one

if you want me to grab the melee ones I could do that

brawl sux

play melee

etc.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hitstun and l-canceling are completely and utterly broken in brawl, due mostly to the fact that you can't DI out of combos, even with smash DI, aerial mobility is so good in brawl, as well as the game's ******** hitboxes really nullify any kind of DI. and the high number of moves that come out really quickly.

metaknight= dair, dsmash, dair, dair, dair, dair, dair, up-b. death.

fox-=dair, uptilt, dair, uptilt, dair uptilt, dair, uptilt,, dair upsmash. death

etc.

actually Brawl+ apparently includes increaded gravity, which may make some of these combos harder to do. I've never played on the increased gravity

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
I brought up WABA again to my parents and they laughed and said
"You were serious about wanting to go? As if I'd left a fifteen year old go out of state with a bunch of random "friends".I'd have a heart attack!"
So I guess this means I won't be going to WABA. I really have to get some competitive offline time soon though. :[ Playing Wi-Fi all the time gets old and doesn't help me enough.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
So, who in Alabama plans to go to Waba?
I've been knocked out in bed with the flu for today and yesterday, but I'm feeling better tonight. Hopefully by saturday morning I'll be good enough to hop on a bus to bham.

And you should probably go back to melee if you're picking up brawl+. Snake is SSS tier and falcon is more manly, but honestly it's a jacked up 64 with brawl characters.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
when i spit i dont think about the rules
its like pokemon , and dog, i choose you,
to be my next victim, im marth and you roy
its like youre squirtle and im like blastoise.

i made up that ryhme first thing when i woke up this morning.
its not about smash but yeah. im so not hip. or good at ryhming. ill stick to dancing.

wanna make a music video t1J? i can be a dancer in it lololol

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I would love to go to waba. I have enough cash, time, etc...but my parents might not let me...ill be able to say by tomorrow.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
when i spit i dont think about the rules
its like pokemon , and dog, i choose you,
to be my next victim, im marth and you roy
its like youre squirtle and im like blastoise.

i made up that ryhme first thing when i woke up this morning.
its not about smash but yeah. im so not hip. or good at ryhming. ill stick to dancing.

wanna make a music video t1J? i can be a dancer in it lololol
This Alabama production would be more lol worthy than the Mobile video about the leprechaun.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
LIFE IS TERRIBLE

Especially if you are ugly.

Sounds like something straight off of The Onion Movie
"This just in, experts have concluded that depression hits losers the hardest"

wifi is the only reason I'm good at brawl
i think
I credit a portion of what little skill I have to Wifi
The rest of it goes to the Pikachu boards

I will admit, it has gotten me VERY far. But after getting 2 stocked by George at Cheap Peach's smashfest, I figured that I need to practice offline too. If I ever want to last in a competitive scene anyway.
yeah personally i use wifi for strategic practice but use offline for timing and aiming/precision practice (now if only i could go to smashfests.....or Waba....G*D D*M* WHATABURGER!!!!!)

Top Bottom