• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

916 / Sacramento Smash: DP will never post here

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Jeff - I'm watching these matches and trying to find **** to focus on for you.

Here's important stuff:

SPEED. Practice shffling until you die. Especially become comfortable with Falco's dair. And nair. Those **** so much. Remember to fast fall BEFORE you attack. Learning that now will make your short hop approaches that much faster. Get in the habit of trying to move or do something IMMEDIATELY after your L cancel. Also, SHL at different heights, off the ledge, the double jump two laser thing, idk. SHL should be your natural instinct.

APPROACHING. Don't feel forced to approach. Take time to think of a situation. What is the opponent doing? What options do you have? Will it get you punished? What will they do in response to you? But don't become focused on camping either. Camping can be *****.

WAVEDASHING OUT OF SHIELD/APPROPRIATE DODGING. I was watching all the shield pressure I was doing in Falco dittos. It's alright to roll if you're getting shield *****! In fact, you should roll twice because I might expect the first roll and get thrown off by the second one. But don't just roll and do nothing! Become accustomed to moving away and trying to bait. Learn to do retreating lasers! They're soooo goooood.

TECHING/DI/RECOVERY - Make sure you hit all your techs! And mix them up. Sometimes it's good to tech in place with Falco because he gets up so fast and you can just shine. And DI away everything at low percents. Falco hates geting comboed. And when you're recovering, make sure to keep the opponent guessing. His upB can sweetspot from above the ledge, and you can do a shortened illusion if you space it on the edge right. And get up with lasers or an airdodge or something. Mix that up too (at least illusion closer to the ground LOL).

I think the speed is the most important part though. By just getting faster, you like, quintuple your available options. Harsh of me to say, but right now I do not believe you could counter most of my stuff if you tried, just because you're so limited tech skill wise. I felt like you stood still a lot, which is understandable because you weren't really trying lol. Also try to read what I'm doing!

Edit: very important - there are exceptions to everything I said above. But I feel this is a good way to start off before I get into intense smash theory options and **** lol.

Orko

Smash Apprentice
Fo sho. Thanks for a good day of smashin, and the honest feedback.

I'm on the road to Viridian City!

DRGN

Technowizard
My school (American River College) is taking a week vacation. So in an entirely unusual turn of events I'm actually going to have some free time this next week.

I'd be happy to play some of these new names I'm seeing. Lately I've been hoping to shake off some of this rustiness that's been accumulating.

Orko

Smash Apprentice
I'm also on rbeak! I just need a heads up on the day. I'm pretty sure i'm free Wednesday.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
DRGN's brother here. We're free tomorrow. Where would you guys like to smash? We ought to be able to hold a lil' smashfest over at our house.

Btw, we live in Rancho Cordova, between Zinfandel and Mather.

DRGN

Technowizard
We have junk controllers you can sift through and use. But they're not given that name arbitrarily, lol.

Anyways, maybe we can get some doubles going tomorrow too. If anyone is interested just let us know what time you'd like to come over.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I would prefer thursday, but I suppose tmw might be alright, from about 1 to about 3:30 ish.

Edit: Screw it, I want to go tomorrow. I could probably get there a little after 1.

Orko

Smash Apprentice
Saaaaad. I was really looking forward to smashing, but :p. Is anyone still down for thursday? I n
eed to get my chops up.

:phone:

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Yeah LOL I was really tired and had a bunch of trash in my car...and then the controller thing convinced me to drag my *** home.

So tomorrow?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Sure, tomorrow sounds good. What time would you guys want to smash?

Russian came over today. GGs, some really intense matches.

Orko, I'll pm you our info.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
holy cow!
Delfeekee AND derganne are back into melee AAAND theyre posting on the boards!?!??

. . . cool

Orko

Smash Apprentice
So I have a bunch of buddies that want to play. I can only assume they're worse than me, and I'm pretty bad.

We should smashfest, fo sho.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I'm in roseville so folsoms not too far off. Do you have a place to smash or what? I'm not getting a bunch smelly *** smashers into my family's house (you're assumed smelly until proven not smelly)

soju

SD God
>__> is anyone here up for a smash session here? im craving to drive somewhere semi-far and play at a random stranger's house, was about to go to san fran but i hate the roads, sac roads are pretty ******** too but not as bad as SF

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my best friend / most likely future girlfriend is going to uc davis haha. i'll be visiting a lot, so maybe i could come smash too :p

Top Bottom