• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Demo thread General

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Oh, I was talking about the characters in the demo... Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Megaman...
Each one has three-

Mario: Red, Fire, Blue and Pink, and Wario
Link: Green, Blue, Red, Purple
Pikachu: Normal, Red Hat, Brenden Bandanna, Goggles
Villager: The first four shown.
MegaMan: Blue, Red, Green?, Yellow

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Since a Japanese demo of the game has been released, we're going to put it all into one thread to prevent clutter and multiple people making threads about it.

Feel free to post about the information/streams etc. pertaining to the demo.

Redcard

Smash Cadet
I haven't gotten to play yet, only watch, but so far I'm concerned over the edges. Zipzo said it felt like Melee which got my hopes up, but after watching streams it feels like they're still pretty magnetic. Anyone that's played it care to share their input?

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I don't know why your thread was taken down, I mean none of these costumes are available in the demo.
Also, why are 2 of Luigi's costumes the same...what am I missing?
I also wonder why all the pokemon's colors are so bad except pikachu

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! WHY?! No WHITE KIRBY! Why?! T_T Makes no damn sense... if he should have ANY other color it should be white... He was originally white. I always play white Kirby... at least he's not my main. Ness better still have his white/red coloring.

Azizibesmashing

Smash Apprentice
Since a Japanese demo of the game has been released, we're going to put it all into one thread to prevent clutter and multiple people making threads about it.

Feel free to post about the information/streams etc. pertaining to the demo. ~ Red Ryu

LOOK!!!!! http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-3ds-demo-out-now-in-japan/

get at me if you need info when the game drops i don't have a capture card but i will do some specials on maybe 3 specific characters. pics videos. just ask

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! WHY?! No WHITE KIRBY! Why?! T_T Makes no damn sense... if he should have ANY other color it should be white... He was originally white. I always play white Kirby... at least he's not my main. Ness better still have his white/red coloring.
Huh?
White Kirby is still there. I double checked because White is also my favourite scheme for him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just in case these haven't been posted yet:

67% true combo with Mario:

And Mega Man's got a C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER (aka "Rush Cancelling" - Mega Man can cancel pretty much any weak hitstun by using his Up B. It also bounces him higher than usual when used in this way):

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
The weird thing is no one else can do this from what I have seen.

Only Megaman and only with low knockback stuff. Seems like a bug/glitch more than anything but nothing really broken imo.
I don't think it's broken or a glitch, and I'm pretty happy he can break out of that combo. Couldn't G&W in Brawl do a similar thing with his UP B? I was able to get out of many combos with him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't see a need to remove it as Mega Man is poor at a purely close range. This gives him a nice escape option. However, it ain't broken since he still has to do some work if he wants to get back to the ground safely.

I wonder if Sonic will be able to do it since he has a similar Up B.

Also it isn't just for that combo, it's for any weak hitstun:

Dragonspiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragonspiller
3DS FC
0748-2110-7145
I...I want too....I really want a Japanese 3DS right now...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't think it's broken or a glitch, and I'm pretty happy he can break out of that combo. Couldn't G&W in Brawl do a similar thing with his UP B? I was able to get out of many combos with him.
It just gives people the fastest option they got, like G&W UpB so if you mistime you gonna be stuffed out.

But yeah, only Megaman from the 5 can do this.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I personally don't see why Japan needs one more than us, they get the game in 2 days, we have to wait a month.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Really loving how the demo plays. Only complaint I've really seen is the default controls. I was worried of something like hand cramps people had from Kid Icarus Uprising or something. Now just to wait a few more weeks for the full game..

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
SS Link ain't there, and he's confirmed to be an alt so...
UNLOCKABLE ALT COSTUMES CONFIRMED!
Wich means we still can get a protoman or a helmet-less alt :D
No, the eShop demo just has limited alts. Only the ones from the E3 demo. The Japan demo that Zipzo and others played had all of the alts.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
Well on Leffn's stream they just confirmed that there is almost nonexistent shield stun. Which would be a HUGE deal, so whoever has the demo needs to put more testing into that. With no shield stun and with (possibly) nerfed grabs we could be looking at an increase in defensive play even with the nerfed shield longevity.

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
Was just about to post that slimjim, it's quite worrying. I don't think any of us here want to see a game that prioritises defence as it just makes it not as much fun to watch or play.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
Was just about to post that slimjim, it's quite worrying. I don't think any of us here want to see a game that prioritises defence as it just makes it not as much fun to watch or play.
Completely agreed. If the gameplay prioritizes defense through dynamic spacing (think melee marth fair or falco SHL play) it would be okay. However, we're looking at a type of defense that requires static positioning with shields, which makes for less interesting options.

Top Bottom