• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Match-up Discussion: 502 Bad Gateway

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So I've been having a lot of trouble with 502 Bad Gateway. I'm beginning to think the match-up is unwinnable.

502 Bad Gateway pretty much stuffs all of my approaches. It covers all of my options on tech chase, and I pretty much can't recover against it.

What have your experiences been against 502 Bad Gateway. Any pointers?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I started using Pokemon Trainer for that matchup.
PT expands the Universe so much. It's like I can travel between two entire continents!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I know his reply-cancelling is very troublesome, but you have to keep trying to stay away! Only approach the situation if necessary, or else he WILL reply-cancel you! If he looks for a mistake to punish with a Gateway error, you'd be better off getting the error than a Time-out, believe me! The mofo can edgeguard with the best of them, and his range is incredible... Not to mention his recovery takes about 1 minute to complete, so you won't even pay attention until he's recovered completely and ready to reply-cancel you again.

100:0, 502 gateway's favor. It's not as bad as people make it seem.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I've honestly been having more issues with 504 gateway timeout, guys. Not only does he block all of my approaches, but his time-slowing crap makes it take excessive amounts of time to know if I've failed or not.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I think that this match-up might be unwinnable as well... with the trouble we've been having lately, I wonder if ZSS can continue to be web 2.0 viable.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Alright guys, I know this looks bad, but we shouldn't go as far as to ban 502 bad gateway from tournaments. It's characters like 502 bad gateway that keep the game challenging and encourage us to practice more.

Zero

Smash Hero
I hear Smashboards is getting some fixes in the next upgrade so we might be buffed somewhat. A little silver lining, if anything.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
MLG already announced that they won't ban 502, but they're probably going to restrict his reply-cancels. Seriously, that stuff combos to hell, breaks combos, is invincible and has practically no lag before it can be used again.
502 6stocks vs MK+MK 3each is the most even to a matchup you can get in brawl, and I think the MK boards said that 502 still wins it at top level, but I don't remember as 502 reply cancelled the topic :/

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I dare say that this new opponent could easily beat even Meta Knight. ZSS isn't the ONLY character that's going to get a 100:0 matchup on this thing...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
502 is a bad MU across the charts, he's MK a run for his money O_O!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: *cough* *Cough* ack i shouldn't have read this eating breakfast

Top Bottom