• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS and the competitive scene: can she make it?

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
Can ZSS really place in the competitive scene?

Can she place in tourneys, or is this too hard to overcome? Or is there no room for her in the competitive scene.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
She can place that's for sure, we have people showing that. Win? IMO if you're in a solid region (which to me means having good players using top tiers), you need a secondary to handle a couple matchups.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Really the 3 matchups that you're probly looking to cover are Falco, then lesser priority to Diddy and MK. The last two are doable, but you need lots of matchup xp. A good falco should beat you pretty much unless planking is allowed or you use my suitpiece air camping strat (luls)

Diddy goes even with diddy, loses slightly to Falco, and has a good MK matchup. Realistically though your secondary won't go even with a Diddy main so there's that

Snake beats Falco and Diddy and has a good MK matchup

noradseven

Smash Lord
Diddy really isn't that bad guys its just ****ing weird as hell, its always a very close match.
Falco...yeah sucks, winable still.
Snake isn't too bad either we can combo the living **** out of him but he is still snake and problematic.

ZSS is viable in Brawl, but thats it viable, if your below B tier its kinda **** for you as far as winning big national tournies...but you can do great in local/state wide stuff even if your in a good state.

Thats being said we have very few matches that are bad but very few that are good which I think causes the most problems in which that almost every single person is going to play there main against you cause its going to be close...

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
i meant are diddy and snake good to use as secondaries norad..

thx for the tips!

one more tip

the only HUMAN i can practice against is my little brother, but he has downssyndrome (mental retardations)

walks rught up to me, wont stick with 1 character AT ALL, and just sets me up to kill him practically, hwo can i train?

(i have a laggy wifi connection, but nobody to play, plus its laggy)

Zero

Smash Hero
ZSS Viable? Yes.

/thread

As for your practice, visiting tournaments and playing people looks like the only way you have. Unless you have an equally skilled friend to practice with.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
i ahve a friend thats alot less skilled that i cant play with very often, and normally when i try to go to a tourney with the exeption of big ones, i get shot down because my parents are either

A too busy

B too long a drive

C they have nothing to do while im smashing

so i can go to a few torneys, but not many

noradseven

Smash Lord
i meant are diddy and snake good to use as secondaries norad..

thx for the tips!

one more tip

the only HUMAN i can practice against is my little brother, but he has downssyndrome (mental retardations)

walks rught up to me, wont stick with 1 character AT ALL, and just sets me up to kill him practically, hwo can i train?

(i have a laggy wifi connection, but nobody to play, plus its laggy)
Where do you live, I am assuming not NY, flordia, or CA, any of those places tournies are a dime a dozen.

Also tournies last all day ALL day, I kid you not I would not have my parents waiting around for me, quick solution is find a friend that can drive that plays the game and make him come along...I would say get a ride from someone you know from tournies but odds are your not an adult thus yeah... thats not going to fly plus you havn't been to many tournies. Solution #2 depending on where you live or whatever, you could see if your neighboorhood/apartment area or whatever has a local place you can rent out on the cheaps(unlikely) or if there is a hobby store or something nearby willing to host it...unlikely unless your on good terms with them already. Seriously if you can't go to tournies bring the tourney to you. Also it would be important to make sure your state has a scene first haha.

In all honesty wait to take smash competitively until the next one comes out.

Brawl online is laggy for everyone who doesn't have fiber so yeah. In the mean time may I suggest learning other fighters, Blazblue(360/PS3),SFIV(360,PS3,PC),Tekken 6(360/PS3) are all popular online right now...and the netplay is leagues better for those games.

Personal recommendations would also be touhou 12.3(PC) (sometimes called SWRS or hitousensoku), and the GGPO network(PC) *ITS FREE online emulation of classic fighters and I would recommend everyone play this as traditional fighter thinking helps even in brawl. Also the netcode is considered the best ever written so :D.

noradseven

Smash Lord
i live in nj, and only really wanna play smash....
NJ Im p. sure there is a scene there take up my advice and try to start one in a place thats p. much walking distance. :D, or like a 5-10 minute drive. Either that or try to get a friend to go with you, if not your kinda out a luck :laugh:.:laugh:

Ask around on AIB and smashboards for stuff about doing that im sure you know where to go since ya look for tourney listings.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
ZSS can definitely make it in the scene. For one thing she is a character that takes time, skill and precision to master, but your skill will show. While many ZSS players are bettering their matchups, a lot of people are learning the ZSS matchup. Most of her matchups are close to even, with the exception of falco. However if we win game one against a good falco, then we're almost awaiting a win as he as some terrible cps which we will use against him.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Of course ZSS can make it!

Take PatG (dude above me) for example, he WRECKS **** UP with ZSS in New England lololol.

And Dawza Places very well in NE as well with ZSS

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Jenkins I know I've been on a little hiatus with NE tourneys, but I'll be ready to play again after the 19th.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
haha yeah same.

The one where i talked to you was the only one i went to.

Then COD came along...........

But im thinking about going again. Only if they're at Digital Mayhem though.

**** driving 2 hours if im just going to get infinited lololol

noradseven

Smash Lord
If you can make it good luck, but I am warning you the smash community is slow to learn, but once they figure out how to PS you, alot of your fights will get alot harder. Also whats your placing in tournies I really don't get impressed by rank considering that playing more tournies = higher rank, Im sure your good though haha.

I p. much dropped this game eventually thinking ZSS is B tier, and has too many problem matches but nothing is impossible and with the exception of falco stuff isn't terrible. We just have alot of up hill battles and almost no free wins.

In my opinion keep changing your game every few tournments I noticed the brawl community has a very difficult time to adapting to stuff on the fly, so you can almost change your gameplan in a circle and it will work against a good number of the top players. *read not all players*

Also got any tips to beating snake im stumped haha, I only got 1 snake to play with and I only see the dude at tournies and I don't go much.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
If you can make it good luck, but I am warning you the smash community is slow to learn, but once they figure out how to PS you, alot of your fights will get alot harder. Also whats your placing in tournies I really don't get impressed by rank considering that playing more tournies = higher rank, Im sure your good though haha.

I p. much dropped this game eventually thinking ZSS is B tier, and has too many problem matches but nothing is impossible and with the exception of falco stuff isn't terrible. We just have alot of up hill battles and almost no free wins.

In my opinion keep changing your game every few tournments I noticed the brawl community has a very difficult time to adapting to stuff on the fly, so you can almost change your gameplan in a circle and it will work against a good number of the top players. *read not all players*

Also got any tips to beating snake im stumped haha, I only got 1 snake to play with and I only see the dude at tournies and I don't go much.
Pick another character

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman

against snake don't get to close(unless u stunned him), if he power shields your down smash once go for a second then block.If he he goes through side b you will get hit by Ftilt.
this does not apply if the person likes to use grenades. if he likes to use grenades get close and personal hes not familiar with the match up.(Well thats how i think about them.)

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
against snake don't get to close(unless u stunned him), if he power shields your down smash once go for a second then block.If he he goes through side b you will get hit by Ftilt.
this does not apply if the person likes to use grenades. if he likes to use grenades get close and personal hes not familiar with the match up.(Well thats how i think about them.)
If he powersheilds your dsmash, then you should retreat, because he can ftilt you out of the next dsmash, or roll behind you while you dsmash, then do whatever he wants as a punishment.

Top Bottom