• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSGD - Now in 3D/HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
There are three steps to winning with ZSS -
Step 1 - Believe in yourself
Step 2 - Get the Goods
Step 3 - Make the magic happen

I try to landing aerial on my opponent in the hopes that they are asleep and combo from there. If they are awake and hit the shield button, I try to outplay them in the 50/50 just outside of boxing range RPS game and go from there.

Something something unleash the kraken, live by the boost kick die by the boost kick something something

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
There are three steps to winning with ZSS -
Step 1 - Believe in yourself
Step 2 - Get the Goods
Step 3 - Make the magic happen

I try to landing aerial on my opponent in the hopes that they are asleep and combo from there. If they are awake and hit the shield button, I try to outplay them in the 50/50 just outside of boxing range RPS game and go from there.
I thought the way to play ZSS was Live by Boost Kick, Die by Boost Kick? :happysheep:

Hmm, I suppose my most pressing question is more specifically: how should I best approach neutral with ZSS? What tips/tricks are there, and what should I know? (Things like what FFNair combos into - 'Frame cancelled' or otherwise -, what moves are safe on block/disjointed/pseudo-disjointed (invincible leg like on Utilt, for example), etc)

Also, I'm really not sure how I should be using paralyzer; it just seems a bit laggy especially for the short stun time. Pretty sure I'm just misusing it, though.

DeLux

You ninja'd me since I was adding to it lol

I made a couple videos talking about paralyzer that largely still hold true even as the metagame have evolved.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
You ninja'd me since I was adding to it lol

I made a couple videos talking about paralyzer that largely still hold true even as the metagame have evolved.
Oh yeah, I remember seeing them linked but I haven't watched them yet; gotta get to bed soon (...as in around 2 hours ago...), but I'll watch them tomorrow.

Thanks!

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
I thought the way to play ZSS was Live by Boost Kick, Die by Boost Kick? :happysheep:
Yep, especially the last part. You gotta Boost Kick both yourself and the enemy into the Blast Zone for maximum worth.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I think I'm going to play my next tournament playing keep away the entire time and see if that has any merit. I don't think the aggro play style is viable against most good characters.

I've also been experimenting using Bair instead of nair at the neutral and playing backwards like that. There are a lot of reasons I'm thinking that it might work better, but it would take too long to talk about.
Heh, after seeing that ZeRo video I've tried to use bAir much more in the neutral anyway.
My spacing is still bad though.

We also need a bad word play for bAir.

Last edited:

DeLux

It's already called "the honey face from outerspace"

Since you space bairs

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
It's already called "the honey face from outerspace"

Since you space bairs
Sounds great.
I'll put it on my "shout while playing" list.

What do we even have right now?
Unleash the Krackkkkkken
Sex Kick
The Honey Face from outer Space

Did we have a name for boost kick: spamming bogaloo?

Last edited:

DeLux

Flip Jump Kick is the Razzle Dazzle.
Uair to Uair to Uair to Uair to Uair is the Blender
Boost Kick off stage to ledge grab is the Otori

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
I wish I understood half of these... Please enlighten me so I may be worthy.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Flip Jump Kick is the Razzle Dazzle.
Uair to Uair to Uair to Uair to Uair is the Blender
Boost Kick off stage to ledge grab is the Otori
Flip Jump Kick will forever be the Sex Kick for me.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
I too experimented with a lot more Bairs tonight in tourney and it worked out really well. So fast, so punishing.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Can someone test to see how well fair into fair works because for the life of me I cannot do it and I know it's possible. Also Bair into Bair although I would be hesitant in a real match to do that because staling Bair is not good.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You want to fair at the maximum height of your short hop (or as you're falling from it).

You can kinda combo fairs into bairs into reverse nairs into other things, for days, all the time.
You should be practicing all day.

Also with balance patch confirmed, there may be a Marth exodus, assuming like last patch shi-gaming's list is seen as accurate by Sakurai seeing as Marth/Lucina/Robin are bottom 5 (and top 5 and bottom 5 of that list were the major balance changes from before).

Hopefully ZSS remains untouched, or close to. Will be really disappointed if they nerfed boost kick (which isn't as good as people make out it is with Good DI). Would maybe find it acceptable if triple jump glitch got removed from it (that would mean up-b mashing/spam without a trade equating to death would be soooo in).
Realised while tinkering with 1 player modes/equipment that all side-b needs to act properly as we'd all expect it to is to increase in damage slightly (try it out if you want to see). +20-30 in attack should be sufficient~

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I'm afraid afraid of the nerf hammer hitting zss. She might be in the clear thanks to her not being a super popular character choice in tournaments. But i'll cry if they greninja her.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Even if she does get nerfed I still can't see choco using anyother characters let alone drop zss. But yeah choco would be to blame, why did he have to place well in tournaments, friggin try hard.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
I NEED THAT ZERO SUIT AMIIBO, I DON'T CARE HOW "USELESS" THEY ARE, I WANT IT.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I wonder what'll change in two weeks...
I'm super interested~
ZSS' uSpecial gets turbo nerfed
Diddys uAir gets less lag and he can jump higher
Mewtwo is exactly as he was in melee

That's what I'm prepared for
This way nothing can disappoint me.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Just here looking for combos besides Blaster/DSmash into Up B and DThrow into Uair. Those are all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom