• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zone's counter to camping lazers?

Zone

Smash Champion
Well my solution use to be, Screw Zelda vs this tactic and change to shiek. But recently, I been doing something different to counter it and stay as Zelda. This is what I do and my options, as well as fox's options.

1.) Stalling the edge with. Down + Jump + Up+B. Most moves fox trys to pull is gonna get him hit by ur farore's wind and you can hop over the edge and kick him occasionally. There are 2 counters to this for fox, you have to pay attention closely. IF fox takes the time to turn around. Or trys to reverse his direction, watch out he may be trying to grab the edge while your stalling. During this time Stop stalling and let him miss, timing it just try then restart the stalling. while he's falling from missing the edge he'll either 1.) Jump and try to shine/or aerial you but now you're restalling and getting invincibility frames. 2.) realize he missed it too late and need to up+B. JUmp over the edge and kick backwards.

His other option which is safer for him is Forward tilt. It'll outrange your Farore's wind.

Now if he starts to forward tilt. Change your stall pattern to Back(to drop) and immediately up+B. This will put distance for you from the edge. Now fox has to get close to forward tilt. (Keep in mind he could go to grab the ledge anytime.) When he ventures closer. Change back to the ezier old stalling you been doing and you'll pop him with farore's wind.

If you keep doing this annoying tactic to his annoying lazer camping, he may decide to stop doing it. Especially if your making good anticipations and kicking in some free kicks.

Now sometimes since The 2nd way to stall with you being farther from edge is a bit harder to do. I've accidently killed myself :laugh: a few times. I'll give it more time perhaps there are more counters fox has that I should watch out for. But his favorite ones are those 2 most likely.

I personally don't like preforming this tactic. But i'm learning it To counter lazer camping foxes. Not to mention you can kick the edge of the stage, with good spacing by Dropping, immediatley jumping away a little, not too far or you'll have to Up+B. and DI back into the stage after u kick toward it, and regrab the edge.

Also note: IF a fox is spamming Standing lazers, Spamming Nuetral B beats that. This is for those technical foxes that can short hop lazer and douple lazer short hop.

Magus420

Smash Master
I'm guessing you mean for friendlies right? Since in a tournament setting you'd need to have the stock/percent lead for them to have a good reason to stop running away and go after you, but if that's the case you're probably already dealing with it well enough already.

I find a ledgehop n-air to be very good when they approach you at the ledge when stalling, particularly when they have low damage. It often leads to a grab -> b-throw -> gimp KO or something else good most of the time.

D

Deleted member

i usually let fox or falco shoot lasers. if it's falco i powershield them, if it's fox i dashdance grab to the best of my ability. both take practice...

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Man Zone, we sure coulda used some fire fighters over where I live the past few days. I dunno if you've heard what's going on over here.

My dad's family had to evacuate where he lived, and so came to shack with us that evening. Within the morrow, the fire had arrived where we lived, and all of us were issued a mandatory evacuation. We went to a run-down old church that we happen to own, that had toilets, and sinks, but no showers/baths. We had to sleep on pews for three days. It was horrible, but I feel very fortunate to still have my home. A fellow Escondido smasher, *sighs* his house is now ashes. We will be holding charity tournaments to raise money for him and his family.

I still can't believe how close the fire came to my house. As I type, I look out the window and can see a charred landscape not further than 100 yards from my house. Unreal.

...WHERE WERE YOU?! *cries*

Just messing. So anyway, I'm feeling very thankful toward firefighters now. Those guys moved the patio furniture away from the house to prevent spread or something. They must have been backed up against the walls of our homes, blasting that burning *****, to save the homes. I wish I could thank the guys who did it, but they were long gone when the air quality was fit to allow me to return. So I'll thank you, for being a firefighter. Thanks man, you guys rule!

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm guessing you mean for friendlies right? Since in a tournament setting you'd need to have the stock/percent lead for them to have a good reason to stop running away and go after you, but if that's the case you're probably already dealing with it well enough already.

I find a ledgehop n-air to be very good when they approach you at the ledge when stalling, particularly when they have low damage. It often leads to a grab -> b-throw -> gimp KO or something else good most of the time.
Well in Tournament I wouldn't be Zelda anyways >.>;
Not anymore anyways

And what I mean by the free kick, Is The Up+B when it hits Fox when he tries to jab or aerial or something. and hits my invincibility frames it pops him up for a free kick.

You're right though vs someone going for the Win hardcore over money or something. If they are ahead they can just let me teleport the whole game and stay ahead. I've never encounteredd a moment where we rode the clock in tournament yet so...

i usually let fox or falco shoot lasers. if it's falco i powershield them, if it's fox i dashdance grab to the best of my ability. both take practice...
I powershielf Falco to, and work around his lazers. It's the fox I got a problem with running away the match and spamming lazers on FInal D. Unless the fox REALLY wants to ride the clock for 8 mins... I'll just be shiek >.> screw playing a boring lame match.

Man Zone, we sure coulda used some fire fighters over where I live the past few days. I dunno if you've heard what's going on over here.

My dad's family had to evacuate where he lived, and so came to shack with us that evening. Within the morrow, the fire had arrived where we lived, and all of us were issued a mandatory evacuation. We went to a run-down old church that we happen to own, that had toilets, and sinks, but no showers/baths. We had to sleep on pews for three days. It was horrible, but I feel very fortunate to still have my home. A fellow Escondido smasher, *sighs* his house is now ashes. We will be holding charity tournaments to raise money for him and his family.

I still can't believe how close the fire came to my house. As I type, I look out the window and can see a charred landscape not further than 100 yards from my house. Unreal.

...WHERE WERE YOU?! *cries*

Just messing. So anyway, I'm feeling very thankful toward firefighters now. Those guys moved the patio furniture away from the house to prevent spread or something. They must have been backed up against the walls of our homes, blasting that burning *****, to save the homes. I wish I could thank the guys who did it, but they were long gone when the air quality was fit to allow me to return. So I'll thank you, for being a firefighter. Thanks man, you guys rule!
Actually I volunteered to go assist in the California incident. But I was denied. A shift here is only 1 Captain and 2 Firefighters (At most) on a shift. 3, If I left it'd only be them 2. Although they could probably fully do it. 3 is way more safer.

^^ Thanks for the appreciation.
Ever since I became a Firefighter I saw the world differently. Helping people makes you feel good. Then again, sometimes you feel like crap when you know someone is in a fire, but You Incident Commander tells you no one goes inside(Mainly cuz we'd probably end up dying trying to save them). And the family of the trapped victim is yelling at you and asking "What kind of firemen are you?" Makes us feel pretty helpless.

btw Doesn't work in all towns but If you look at the street light reflectores in the road. Everytime you see a discolored one. Look left or right. I bet a hydrant is there.

Top Bottom