• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zombieland

Frank West

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of this movie? In addition to a lot of Shaun of the Dead comparisons, i've been hearing good reviews so far saying it's actually funny. Might check it out. In theaters Oct 2. Also check out the very informative interview with Jesse Eisenberg as he talks about why hassidic jews are the worst type of zombies and what his favorite zombie kill is.

Trailer

Interview

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I will be watching this movie, I'll post what I think of it when I see it.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm mad it's rated R though. I can't really see it by myself. It almost looks like Left 4 Dead...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Zombieland is a gem. A surefire "you have to see this" followup to District 9. I hope we get another one of these by the end of the year.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
A friend was just talking to me about this, and yeah it's being compared to Shaun of the dead alot, really want to see it.

Apparently it's meant to have a high rating. R18+?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its Superbad with Zombies, and where a horribad actor does a Michale Cyna impression the entire movie.
In short, why was this movie made?
Oh yeah, money.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Its Superbad with Zombies, and where a horribad actor does a Michale Cyna impression the entire movie.
Oh yeah, money.
I don't think you know what a good popcorn flick is. I also think you might hate fun.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Oh yeah, money.
...seriously? Please tell me you're kidding. None of what you just said is even remotely true ("Superbad with zombies"?)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
...seriously? Please tell me you're kidding. None of what you just said is even remotely true ("Superbad with zombies"?)

This cat wishes he was Michael Cera so bad, which got really old about half way through the movie.
This movie only continues to make me think that Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days Later was and will be the last great zombie movies.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Shaun of the Dead is my fav horror film, but this is by no means bad. I really enjoyed it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
if i had a nickel for every time a friend of mine suggested to watch it....

i heard some great comments about this movie and it's nice to see that it's liked by even the more critical posters. I definitely need to find time to watch this now, methinks.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

This cat wishes he was Michael Cera so bad, which got really old about half way through the movie.
This movie only continues to make me think that Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days Later was and will be the last great zombie movies.
Yeah, he definitely wanted to be a guy who totally ripped of his schtick.

Jesse Eisenberg has been acting regularly since 2002. He's always had the awkward but likeable gimmick, and it works really well because he is actually funny. Watch 2005's Cursed (werewolf movie).

Michael Cera did nothing outside of child acting until 2007's Superbad. From then on, that has been his gimmick to just be awkward and hope it's funny, where as Eisenberg is actually humorous and has a level of depth. The comparisons are justified, but Jesse Eisenberg is so much better. Want proof? Watch Year One and watch Zombieland. Both movies showed both of them as awkward but evolving actors with strong love connections. In this movie, it was so much more believable and actually good.

In short, **** Michael Cera.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

this over everything you consider funny.
Because we are talking about TV shows. A television actor is in an entirely different dynamic than a movie actor. Also, he was on Arrested Development from 2003 - 2006. Jesse Eisenberg has been in movies since 2002. So, you still fail at being an adequate troll.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Except, acting on film is acting on film, TV or movie. If it was Stage acting that requires an entirely different approach, you'd have a point, but the same skills that apply to movies apply to Television as well. You are just picking straws. Arrested Development is by far the highest quality comedy of the decade in terms of both writing and acting, much more than any movie you can provide Jesse Eisenberg to be in, especially something as awfully mediocre as Cursed, aside from The Squid and the Whale, whose success has more to do with the amazingly honest and true script and the adult actors than anything Jesse related.

So, you still fail at trying to back up any argument of yours by picking straws that aren't there.
TV acting, movie acting, both require you to work the camera and script in the same manner.

This film is nothing more than mediocre, and I fail to see a reason to praise something for being 'at par'.

Also, lol at your arguing "he did it first" when you claim such a thing didn't matter in The Beatles Day thread. Points only seem to matter to you when the side with your argument.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The difference with my argument versus yours is you are claiming Jesse Eisenberg to be a rip-off of Michael Cera, which isn't the case.

Also, end argument:

Cursed wasn't great, but Year One was literally a painful movie experience for me.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
CRASHiC, you're not winning this one. Sorry. :(

Zombieland is a must see zombie movie, just like 28 Days Later & Shaun of the Dead. You owe it to yourself to watch this.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I saw the trailer at Comic Con, but not even the presence of Michael Cera will ruin the Kick ***! movie.

He might just **** up the Scott Pilgrim movie instead, tho :(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The difference with my argument versus yours is you are claiming Jesse Eisenberg to be a rip-off of Michael Cera, which isn't the case.

Also, end argument:

Cursed wasn't great, but Year One was literally a painful movie experience for me.
EXCEPT, that in his 2002 movies, and even his 2004 movie of the Village (talk about a painfully bad movie) he did not play the humorously shy, timid, awkward character that Michael Cera did in 2003's Arrested Development. In fact, his work in comedy throughout his career is very, very limited.

No matter how bad of movies Michael Cera has been in, nothing can diminish the wonder that is Arrested Development, and it still doesn't change the fact that this movie is only passable.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Please, stop comparing Zombieland to Shaun of the Dead. They're both comedies set against a backdrop of zombies.

Those are the only similarities. I'm getting tired of seeing people say "It's an American Shaun of the Dead!" No it isn't. It's its own movie.

And for the record, Zombieland was fantastic.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I just saw it yesterday, it was def one of my faves for the year, and McFox is right, it was NOTHING like Shaun of the Dead. It had a completely different storyline, practically nothing was similar except for the fact that it was zombie-based.

Bill Murray and Double Tap ftw.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
This movie is way better then 28 days later I honestly didn't that that was very good and I haven't seen Shaun of the Dead anyway this movie is a must see I normally don't laugh at movies but I was cracking up on this one.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Zombieland should be a joy to watch.

Was going to take my ex-girlfriend to it, but typical parents...

:(

Kantō

Smash Champion
this movie looks amazing. and seems to have gotten good reviews. im gunna wait to see it on dvd though. the movies are f'en expensive man!

Top Bottom