• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zinger314's Super CD/Sticker Factory (2x effective)

Zinger314

Smash Cadet
I've done a lot of experimenting with CD/Sticker Factories, and I believe the one I have made is the most efficient, with a yield of about 100 sticlers every 10 minutes. (or 10 stickers every minute), and usually a few CDs within that timeframe (CD spawn rates are incredibly erratic)

I'm sure everyone has seen the CD Factory YouTube video. However, that only consists of one character, hitting Sandbags relatively slowly. That video only seemed to get about 5 stickers per minute, which is somewhat low when you consider that there are 700 unique stickers!

So I decided to create a more efficient CD factory, with more charracters, more Sandbag beating, and less effort!

Here are the steps:

1. Create a medium-sized stage like this: (No, I don't have a digital camera, so I had to...uh...improvise)

The ovals represent conveyor belts (unlocked by creating 5 SB stages), and the red arrows indicate direction. The columns of 5 blocks are simply that.

2. Set up a Brawl with 3-4 players (any controller will suffice, but I strongly recommend you turn off vibration for all of them), all controlling Bowser. Set items to High, turn off all items except Sandbag. Set Damage Ratio to 0.5. Set time to infinite. Start Brawl on aforementioned designed stage.

3. Button-Mash A on all controllers.

4. Repeat step 3.

5. End Match when done.

The trick relys on the fact that Sandbags produce items when hit, including CDs and stickers.

Sandbags will fall into the pit, and likely won't come out. Meanwhile,, the 4 Bowsers will be annihilating the Sandbags which accumlate in the pit with all kinds of attacks (and automatically pick up and stickers/CDs). As many as 20 (!) Sandbags can be present at once within the pit, so stickers and CDs will appear at blazing rates.

And it's complete autonomous, due to the conveyor belts. They will push the Bowsers and the Sandbags into the center pit. So all you have to do is press one button.

Thanks to this method, I have unlocked all dropped CDs and have 568 unique stickers.

While the technique is not new, the blazing efficiency is.

Try the method, and post here if you have any questions. :)

PS: You can calculate the amount of stickers you get by adding the "Items Picked Up" in the after-match reports of all characters.

(COMING SOON: Zinger314's Method for Easy Coins!)

Zinger314

Smash Cadet
Thanks for this. Quick question though, how do you know when you've unlocked all the dropped CDs, does it just tell you?
I received no CD drops for 20 minutes while doing this method. Statistically, that's impossible.

Ergo, I must have obtained every CD, as Sakurai said on Dojo that the CD drop stop appearing once you have unlocked them all.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
I received no CD drops for 20 minutes while doing this method. Statistically, that's impossible.

Ergo, I must have obtained every CD, as Sakurai said on Dojo that the CD drop stop appearing once you have unlocked them all.

Best way to be sure is to get all your CDs in challenges, then do this, if you get every CD in the game, you get a KK Slider trophy in challenges, so you'll know you got EVERY CD

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
I did it with this stage (nice method btw, thanks) on Special Brawl.

I did a curry, fast, metal, heavy gravity Brawl.

the fast makes this all go quicker, metal so the players dont blast away when they hit each other, curry to hit the sandbags and do faster results, and heavy also helped.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide.

I did this for about 10 minutes and I got 3 CD's, so I'd say that it works pretty well. :D

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I'd trust Zinger on this one, he used to farm ALOT back in Guild Wars so he knows his stuff.

Btw, use Bowser and any 2nd player and put a platform up if you wanna do this solo. Did it for 15 minutes and got 9 songs. Sadly none of them any that I wanted.

D

Deleted member

This works alright. I already have:
~Ricco Harbor
~The Hidden Village
~Vs. Marx
~Route 209
~Flower Field
~Snowman
~Winning Road--Roy's Hope
~Title (Kid Icarus)
~Calling to the Night
~Super Sonic Racing (Horrible, BTW)

All from my new stage--And only one player!:)

D

Deleted member

Well, this definantly works. This morning, I received the "Corneria" song, preventing any other CDs from appearing. All I need are a few of the Challenge CDs:

~Ai no Uta (French Version)
~Main Theme (Super Mario 64)
~Multi Man Melee (Melee)
~Title (3D Hot Rally)

and the K.K. Slider concert songs.:D

EDIT: So, nobody posted before this post.:(

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Ai no Uta is fairly easy Baron, just average out 1300~1400ft per character in Home Run Challenge and you should have it by...I think it was Sonic for me.

M.K

Level 55
I'm looking to death for Lip's Theme, and seriously worked at the normal CD Factory for half an hour, got TWO CD's (FD Melee and Tane No Uta)
I only have one Wavebird....GAH. Anything else working really well?

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Haha, what are the chances that I meet Syria Blackblood on SWF? I just had to google your name to make sure it was the same Zinger from Guru. Still playing GW? I haven't touched my 31+ (or however many months it is now, started during release) month account since January. You don't know me, but I'm Evelgest aka Shadowfox1125 on Guru.

Wow, I just noticed that it's Jeff Highwind posting here too..

Thanks for the setup, although I've recently been using this.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JHlDWN1B198

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Well if you have wavebirds or multiple friends to press buttons, there really is only one thing to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fVVSazv6gc
This is definitely the best method I've tested, I've gone through about 10 different CD/Sticker factories, including the one in Zinger's post, and Phanna's method is still the fastest I've found.

Got 700 stickers and every CD from it :)

Top Bottom