• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero's Smash 4 Jigglypuff Guide

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
For anybody who does not know, Gonzalo "ZeRo" Barrios is a Smash 4 player from Chile. ZeRo is the Apex 2015 champion and no doubt one of the best Smash 4 players right now, only dropping one set in tournament to date. He recently released a Jigglypuff video guide as part of a series of guides on various characters in Smash 4 to help newcomers and veterans alike. This video shines light on the basics, pros and cons, and general strategies of the character. If you're interested in Jigglypuff, check out the guide below!

Hopefully this helps anybody who wants to main Jigglypuff or learn more about the character. Additionally, rest percents can be found here.

Let me know what you think on Twitter @AsuraHedo.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
Loving the increased quality from ZeRo! I likes how he went over her weakness more in depth. It shows that he is commited to helping the community grow. Also watch the Seryender Jiggly matches that went up on VGbootcamp's channel today to see how her tools are used in tournement. Good article Michael.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Rather have H-Box do the jiggly puff guide
Would you rather have a person that's been playing Smash 4 12 hours a day since it came out in Japan or someone that's mainly a Melee player and only treats Smash 4 as a side hobby?

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Agreed, but he doesn't play Smash 4 actively. He's entered 3 tournaments (2 if you don't include the invitational). But I really don't think ZeRo should've done the tutorial

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Ask Hbox to start taking smash 4 more seriously.

Or ask Reflex, Me, Serynder, and the jigglypuff boards for assistance. We are the guys who gave ZeRo some more info about jiggs for his guide after all. Hbox is super good in melee, but when I say he makes no progress in smash 4, I tend to say that in a serious tone.

I'm also the founder of Jab to Rest. So uh....yeah.

Last edited:

SuperAtrain

Smash Rookie
It is nice to see people, especiaally very good players, give advice. People generally increase in skill when shown these skills(in context to a specific character). It's just heartwarming to see this community grow and grow.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Would you rather have a person that's been playing Smash 4 12 hours a day since it came out in Japan or someone that's mainly a Melee player and only treats Smash 4 as a side hobby?
It's just an opinion don't take it seriously kid
u so mean

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ask Hbox to start taking smash 4 more seriously.

Or ask Reflex, Me, Serynder, and the jigglypuff boards for assistance. We are the guys who gave ZeRo some more info about jiggs for his guide after all. Hbox is super good in melee, but when I say he makes no progress in smash 4, I tend to say that in a serious tone.

I'm also the founder of Jab to Rest. So uh....yeah.
You found a simple, two-hit combo that literally anybody could've done? Wow! You truly are a God among men! Please, give me a break.
Jigglypuff really deserves more love than it gets. It's probably got the most personality than anything else in the Smash universe. And it's so goddamn cute. I don't like Zero, but I hope he gets Puff the recognition it deserves.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor

Well yeah, that I am for finding a two-hit combo that not much players thought about using. Now it is, and you're welcome for it. She deserves more recognition, which I agree. You certainly won't be seeing zero use jigglypuff in tournaments though, so don't have high hopes.

Serynder is playing in S@X tonight, so you should watch if you so desire her to be loved by many just as much as the jiggly boards does.

Last edited:

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
Looks like ZeRo is the best Smash 4 player right now with Nairo and M2K (He's the only one to take a stock from ZeRo) trailing right behind.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor

Well yeah, that I am for finding a two-hit combo that not much players thought about using. Now it is, and you're welcome for it. She deserves more recognition, which I agree. You certainly won be seeing zero use jigglypuff in tournaments though, so don't have high hopes.

Serynder is playing in S@X tonight, so you should watch if you so desire her to be loved by many just as much as the jiggly boards does.
Oh yeah, it is Tuesday isn't it? Well, hopefully he doesn't lose his first match.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
ZeRo is like the Ken of Smash 4 right now. Also that is a welcome Jiggly guide! Now I will stop using Rollout to recover from high distances. I honestly thought it killed earlier :laugh:

bdeink

Smash Rookie
NNID
bdeink
3DS FC
3179-6082-2990
But I really don't think ZeRo should've done the tutorial
You make it sound like there was only one possible Jiggs guide, and Zero did it, thus preventing any more guides from other players in the future.
If Zero didn't release his Jiggs guide when he did, I doubt that we would have gotten one at all that day. More players will, most likely, make their own guides later.
Why not treat this as an added bonus while waiting for a Jigglypuff player to make their guide? :)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
H-Box' puff guide in a nutshell:

JK H-Box I love you <3
But who's bear would win? lol m2k.

Zero sucks. I hate him.

ZeRo is like the Ken of Smash 4 right now.
No. Ken won more than ONE national tournament. Ken created awesome and hype combos and styled hard. Ken is a great player. Do not compare him to zero

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Geez, so much hate for ZeRo...

You don't HAVE to watch his videos. Give him a break. He's a member of our community and deserves respect not only for the time & devotion he gives us, but also for being a great sport and having a nice attitude.

I like 'im.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Geez, so much hate for ZeRo...

You don't HAVE to watch his videos. Give him a break. He's a member of our community and deserves respect not only for the time & devotion he gives us, but also for being a great sport and having a nice attitude.

I like 'im.
He does have a great attitude, very friendly.

I dunno. I don't hate him as a person, I hate him for what he represents which is competitive smash 4.

I hate how people hail him as some kind of smash god for winning a smash 4 tournament, comparing him to ken?? I mean come on.

I guess I'll rephrase, I hate Zero's fanbase. I hate the fact that he's the big fish in a small pond, and I can't stand people comparing him to top level melee players who he has ZERO chance of beating, either in melee or in smash 4 (If any top level talented smashers were into smash 4 that is)

Look, it's plain and simple. Melee is the NFL and Smash 4 is college football. If Zero could place top 8 in a national, in melee, then I would rethink my opinion of his skill level being over hyped. However, that's never going to happen.

That being said, I'm sure he would wipe the floor with me in melee. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm saying that he's not even close to Mango/PPMD/HBox etc level.

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
He does have a great attitude, very friendly.

I dunno. I don't hate him as a person, I hate him for what he represents which is competitive smash 4.

I hate how people hail him as some kind of smash god for winning a smash 4 tournament, comparing him to ken?? I mean come on.

I guess I'll rephrase, I hate Zero's fanbase. I hate the fact that he's the big fish in a small pond, and I can't stand people comparing him to top level melee players who he has ZERO chance of beating, either in melee or in smash 4 (If any top level talented smashers were into smash 4 that is)

Look, it's plain and simple. Melee is the NFL and Smash 4 is college football. If Zero could place top 8 in a national, in melee, then I would rethink my opinion of his skill level being over hyped. However, that's never going to happen.

That being said, I'm sure he would wipe the floor with me in melee. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm saying that he's not even close to Mango/PPMD/HBox etc level.
I don't think anyone can beat ZeRo in Smash 4 right now. (even if high level players from Melee played Sm4sh)

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
ZeRo can be beaten, y'all just always think that you can't.

You can. You just gotta put more work into it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I don't think anyone can beat ZeRo in Smash 4 right now. (even if high level players from Melee played Sm4sh)
This is what I'm talking about. You're wrong. If a player of higher calibur than zero (Hax,Axe,Weston,Mango,PPMD,PewPewU, etc) put in the time to learn smash 4 they would destroy him because they would read him better than he would read them.

The only reason this does not happen is because smash 4 is not meant to be a competitive game, and the top players are smart enough to realize this. The game is riding on melee's hype, and the shiny new game effect.

Last edited:

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
This is what I'm talking about. You're wrong. If a player of higher calibur than zero (Hax,Axe,Weston,Mango,PPMD,PewPewU, etc) put in the time to learn smash 4 they would destroy him because they would read him better than he would read them.
Ok, that's your opinion. I'm just saying right now no-one's skill level is very close to ZeRo. You might be right about
If a player of higher calibur than zero (Hax,Axe,Weston,Mango,PPMD,PewPewU, etc) put in the time to learn smash 4
Also: ZeRo is focusing more on Smash 4 than Melee I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Ok, that's your opinion. I'm just saying right now no-one's skill level is very close to ZeRo. You might be right about

Also: ZeRo is focusing more on Smash 4 than Melee I'm pretty sure.
Thanks for being so reasonable about this. You are right, he is the best smash 4 player right now.

Zero never did well in melee, and played quite possibly the most boring fox style of all time.

That's another thing I don't like about Zero. He has no style. He plays a boring, optimal game. Play 2 win, I get it, but where's the hype? In melee our top player swags out all the time, all the top players swag out.
The majority of his fanbase are armchair smashes that don't go to events. Youtube smashers. Meh.

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
Thanks for being so reasonable about this. You are right, he is the best smash 4 player right now.

Zero never did well in melee, and played quite possibly the most boring fox style of all time.

That's another thing I don't like about Zero. He has no style. He plays a boring, optimal game. Play 2 win, I get it, but where's the hype? In melee our top player swags out all the time, all the top players swag out.
The majority of his fanbase are armchair smashes that don't go to events. Youtube smashers. Meh.
Well he did have bit of Falcon hype
at Apex ;)

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill Hey, uh.....not to rag on you or anything, but just so you're aware those rest kill percents aren't actually reliable. The video those were pulled from used Kalos Pokemon League as the testing grounds (as opposed to the center of Battlefield, the standard for kill move testing.) While you could argue that Battlefield isn't that optimal for testing vertical killers and thus Kalos could be more reasonable (something that I might still disagree with as Battlefield still has a relatively average ceiling as fitting a neutral stage, not to mention the existence of platforms to balance it out somewhat), the video failed to factor in DI as well. Based on this, the film was most likely made in Training Mode using immobile CPUs, which means no rage or freshness bonus either.

We actually talked ZeRo about this too, after he made the video of course. Unfortunately it's not very well known outside of the puff boards that this isn't accurate, most likely because nobody really thought to question whether it was right or not.

A few of us in the Puff boards are actually working on a project to develop a formula that would let us determine when any character dies on whatever stage based on their percent and rage. Not too far along as of right now (we're still trying to figure out how rage scales and whatnot), but once it comes together hopefully we'll be able to paint a better picture of when to use Rest and when to save it.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm seeing a lot of scrub puffs on For Glory now.

Thanks, Zero.
LOL.

Exactly. Zero's fanbase are youtube scrubs. Same group of idiots that think Alpharad is good at smash because he makes montages of him beating up on 6 year olds on for glory.

For glory is the cancer of competitive smash 4. Smash 4 is not getting a chance to grow because of it. 99% of the **** I see on reddit is "How do I counter projectiles" *facepalm* Try not sucking at the game.

Top Bottom