• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero's Smash 4 Jigglypuff Guide

HyLeN

Smash Rookie
NNID
HyLendaBess
3DS FC
5155-3262-7849
I just wish a smart player came into the scene. zero isn't that smart, in fact a LOT of the stuff he says is straight ********, he just plays the game more than anyone else. Still rooting for the boy nairo to beat him, on the other hand. Im glad zero is at least trying to help with improving characters met game even if he doesn't main them.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I just wish a smart player came into the scene. zero isn't that smart, in fact a LOT of the stuff he says is straight ********, he just plays the game more than anyone else. Still rooting for the boy nairo to beat him, on the other hand. Im glad zero is at least trying to help with improving characters met game even if he doesn't main them.
Doesn't help that he acts and dresses like a complete tool either.

Man, I dunno. This kid just pisses me off. One of the few times I agree with 4 chan on something.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Would you rather have a person that's been playing Smash 4 12 hours a day since it came out in Japan or someone that's mainly a Melee player and only treats Smash 4 as a side hobby?
The latter, because he is more likable, congenial, skilled, and less annoying.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Would you rather have a person that's been playing Smash 4 12 hours a day since it came out in Japan or someone that's mainly a Melee player and only treats Smash 4 as a side hobby?
Pretty sure I'd want the superior player (Hbox) to be giving me advice.

Hbox could beat Zero in smash 4, he just doesn't need to bother with it. Smash 4 is beneath his skill level / boring for a player of such high calibur.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Holy **** someone call the cancer ward, we got a doozy here.

Real talk, y'all are idiots. Your reasoning is completely off base to hate on Zero or his skill level. See, we have a Melee God already playing the game in M2K, who regardless of whether you like him or not is a very intelligent player. And guess what? He's not better than Zero at Sm4sh, even though he trounces him in Melee. The mental gymnastics you people pull out of your rears to try and illogically justify your opinions is mindbogglingly.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Holy **** someone call the cancer ward, we got a doozy here.

Real talk, y'all are idiots. Your reasoning is completely off base to hate on Zero or his skill level. See, we have a Melee God already playing the game in M2K, who regardless of whether you like him or not is a very intelligent player. And guess what? He's not better than Zero at Sm4sh, even though he trounces him in Melee. The mental gymnastics you people pull out of your rears to try and illogically justify your opinions is mindbogglingly.
Was thinking about it calling it myself, but I see I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Zero isn't exactly god, but that doesn't mean he's the spawn of satan by default. Treat him as he is- a player. A very good player who is admittedly at the top of the metagame as of this post, but a player nonetheless. If you don't like the attention he gets or think he doesn't deserve it, good for you. Go ahead and prove that you're better at the game than he is. If you worship the ground he walks on, great! But that's also not a very realistic way to think, because chances are he will get trounced sooner or later. I've seen comparisons to Ken thrown around in this thread, and frankly I find that ridiculous. Zero isn't the Ken of smash 4. Nobody is the Ken of smash 4. No game has ever had a Ken except Melee, and guess who it was, Ken. I'm happy for the guy, and I have the utmost respect for him (he honestly seems pretty nice), but I don't think anyone's going to revolutionize the meta as much as that.

People who are asking for a guide from an experienced puff player are certainly justified in doing so (I myself was disappointed in some of the tricks and techniques that were left out), but in what universe is Hungrybox a better alternative? Yes, he's a good player...a good Melee player. Smash 4 is pretty much the exact opposite of Melee- quite literally if you look at the mechanics of each game side by side and compare them.

Besides, assuming that Hungrybox is more qualified JUST because he plays Melee is a pretty terrible presumption. It's that sort of elitist thinking that gives Melee a bad name, which just digs a deeper hole for the majority of Melee players who don't think that way. If you want a really good puff player, opt Mango- he actually knows and cares about how to play Smash 4. Hungrybox probably doesn't, so why bother even mentioning him? I'm sure even he would want to scream at you by this point.

Last edited:

King9191

Smash Rookie
Jiggs is pretty good... but she dies from Captain Falcon's up air as low as 95 -- without rage.

CAPTAIN FALCON FTW.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Though I usually don't particularly like Zero, I've gotta give him credit, this was really good, and it even taught me a couple things. Though he did forget to mention a couple important things:
-Breaking Jiggly's Shield=OHKO
-She's the 2nd slowest character on the ground (only to Robin), and is FASTER in the air.
-Sing sucks.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Though I usually don't particularly like Zero, I've gotta give him credit, this was really good, and it even taught me a couple things. Though he did forget to mention a couple important things:
-Breaking Jiggly's Shield=OHKO
-She's the 2nd slowest character on the ground (only to Robin), and is FASTER in the air.
-Sing sucks.
I found it pretty silly myself that he took time to focus on Rollout's various flaws yet didn't bat an eyelash at Sing.

Also....Robin has the slowest dash speed this time around? I would have expected Ganondorf or the like, but meh.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I think Ganon's third. Not sure about that though. Though technically Shield Shulk is even slower than Robin.
Now THAT I can believe.

Interestingly enough, Jump Shulk actually has higher air speed than Jigglypuff (or Speed Shulk...one of those two. Both of them have very high air speed, in any case).

Last edited:

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Now THAT I can believe.

Interestingly enough, Jump Shulk actually has higher air speed than Jigglypuff (or Speed Shulk...one of those two. Both of them have very high air speed, in any case).
However Speed Shulk is NOT faster than Sonic. Stupid rumors. :p

Top Bottom