• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Zero's Advice: General Matchup Q&A

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Cloud's major issue against Mega Man at this point is consistency. I see these incredibly complex Cloud combos people are performing without ever seeing them performed on me in match. I've played several players who now consider themselves cloud mains and here is what I'm seeing:
  • Cloud's recovery is incredibly punishable. However, Mega Man's recovery is equally so due to cloud's ridiculous D-air.
  • Mega Man must consistently apply pressure to Cloud to prevent charging limits. Pellets have seemingly slightly more range than his sword, making them even more effective in the neutral.
  • Try to take cloud offstage when he has limit charged. Forcing his limit use into his Up B is incredibly advantageous.
  • Stay low and safe with your recovery when he has limit charged. He can't go offstage in fear of what was mentioned above, especially due to his faster falling speed.
  • DO NOT JUMP OFF LEDGE EVER. While this might be *semi rarely* useful elsewhere, Cloud can easily predict this and react to this taking stocks incredibly quickly.
  • Crash Bomber cancels out Blade Beam.
Those are some things I've jotted down while playing these friendlies. Unsure to say, but I think it's 60-40 Mega's favor.

Last edited:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Ugh, somebody remind me to stop trying to land SH bair on standing opponents. It never freaking hits but I'm so used to Melee Ganondorf... >_<
Just got my ass handed to me for awhile playing a senior Cloud on FG 1v1. And Ike... and Mario... and Ganon... remind me to never challenge Ganon's attacks with my own and just avoid the damn things. Well, except fsmash beats out Wizard Foot... except I'm reading in one of the guides that fsmash sucks and to use Leaf Shield instead?!

I see the Cloud recovery issue now that I'm reviewing my replays. I'll definitely use that more. The tip about staying in shield helps; I'm still getting used to all his multihits and drop my shield for the end of Cross Slash and fsmash, d'oh... And yeah, gotta remember to respect those Limits. Hey, does Crash Bomber cancel the Blade Beam Limit too?! I know lemons work on the regular version, but I'm not sure how to deal with the Limit besides jumping over it.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Ugh, somebody remind me to stop trying to land SH bair on standing opponents. It never freaking hits but I'm so used to Melee Ganondorf... >_<
Just got my *** handed to me for awhile playing a senior Cloud on FG 1v1. And Ike... and Mario... and Ganon... remind me to never challenge Ganon's attacks with my own and just avoid the damn things. Well, except fsmash beats out Wizard Foot... except I'm reading in one of the guides that fsmash sucks and to use Leaf Shield instead?!

I see the Cloud recovery issue now that I'm reviewing my replays. I'll definitely use that more. The tip about staying in shield helps; I'm still getting used to all his multihits and drop my shield for the end of Cross Slash and fsmash, d'oh... And yeah, gotta remember to respect those Limits. Hey, does Crash Bomber cancel the Blade Beam Limit too?! I know lemons work on the regular version, but I'm not sure how to deal with the Limit besides jumping over it.
Limit version is transcendent. Jump over or shield it.

Megamang

Smash Lord
About the guide mentioning leaf shield over fsmash: mega is a complex character, and everyone has stylistic preferences. Never take something you read on the forums as fact or law. While the guide is quite good, your own knowledge and experience is what makes you, you. If you found a way to land fsmash consistently, land that **** yo. Just be sure to adapt if someone else starts beating what you are doing.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
Leaf Shield and Fsmash have entirely different uses, to compare them saying you should use one over the other is somewhat silly - Leaf Shield has fantastic gimping properties, can help you stuff approaches *cough* pikachu *cough*. plus, it's useful if you're in a jam and need time to think about strategy. Not only that, but thrown goes through almost any projectile in the game, so it's useful for dealing with long range projectiles.

Fsmash is good for punishing landings and getup options. I even use it to trade with someone who has your metal blade - pick the right moment when you think they'll throw it at you and trade an fsmash for it. It works often enough for me to keep doing it.

I don't exactly see many situations where if you had a shot lined up with Fsmash you'd start a Leaf Shield instead... as I said they're used in completely different circumstances, at least for me. I use them both at least a few times a match.

tldr; Fsmash isn't as useful as leaf shield in most matchups, but you shouldn't replace it's usage entirely with leaf shield. it's just an option to be used in the right situations.

edit: Megamang actually said it better than me, he's right ; Megaman is such a complex character that everyone has their preferences. it's best if you just do you ~

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Unclesatan Unclesatan is right.
I think I already said it somewhere, but FSmash is the kind of move you really want to charge. It is punishable, but you should be spacing it perfectly at all times. Some people ended up realizing that Pivot FSmash was really good, even if it is punishable by grounded opponents if they ever were to shield it. At Full Charge, we can all attest FSmash's range, and its power increase (Knockback & Damage) isn't even negligeable.
Yes, it is better to throw a Leaf Shield in Neutral because it goes further and helps to keep pressure on your opponent, but if he ever has to land, he will have more trouble avoiding a FSmash.

tl;dr : FSmash is a regular Mega Man kill move. If you use it, even for option coverage, you have to keep the right / perfect amount of space. Leaf Shield doesn't need it, but it isn't a kill move either. So to each move its uses.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So, how do you guys fight Bowser?
Never played many of him but with the recent patch, i know i'll be seeing him a lot more(lost to one on my last tournament, but game 1 was close, game 2 went ZSS to be "safe", but managed to eff up and also SD on my last stock), and i with his new BS combo, i was wondering how approach this MU now.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
my friend plays bowser, the best i've been able to do is play a bait and punish game with the metal blade in hand. jcgt helps to confirm grabs off of a landed metal blade toss, and once he's offstage you can dair him with ease. other than that i'm really looking forward to seeing how other people deal with bowser, because i still don't have it all figured out yet

Megamang

Smash Lord
Try to keep him in the air, he has trouble avoiding uair and we all know uair does a lot of damage. Keep punishing his landing, if he lands near the ledge then ftilt > nair him offstage. Slow toss metal blades do a lot of damage.

Dont let him play his ground game, its deadly now. If he does get that grab, just take the aerial, as trying to airdodge can get you fsmashed. If he lands his command grab, try and land as low as possible, as far from the blastzone he is facing as possible, in that order.

Dair is very good offstage on him, as is bair.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Keeping him in the air is very important. Spark Shot and Air Shooter will do a lot of work. Don't over-commit to Metal Blades at mid range as he'll just dash attack your face and catch the blade. Be cautious in shooting 3 pellets too as he'll dash through those as well.

It's still a matchup that we do very well in though.

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
If i remember correctly Metal Blade actually does 9/15% on him because he is so big, so Metal Blade Spam is a must. Also, NEVER DI backwards if you get hit by the combo throw; you are practically giving bowser the stock due to his ridiculous B-air. Finally, staying in shield still works on Bowser as his only punishes are his grabs/side-b as practically nothing he has is safe.

Megamang

Smash Lord
His grabs are really good punishes though. Id recommend staying mobile with retreating nairs more than shielding. Practice perfect shielding his approaches though, he has to use the aerial almost immediately to get the autocancel.

Dizzzy4evr

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm fairly new to smashboards ant to forums in general and this is my first thread I'm posting on lol I guess you can say I'm popping my forum cherry for the first time so I hope you guys are happy to be my first <3 <3 but anyways I was wondering why the megaman mu thread was so unorganized from like the rest or the mu threads I've seen (for example greninja and ness). What happened? Did the creator get lazy or is this how it's always been where you guys just discuss random mu whenever you feel like it. Not saying I hate it or anything since I like it (idk but I just do lol) but I'm just wondering.

Also what do you guys think about the ddd mu?

Megamang

Smash Lord
Welcome.

Its the way it is i guess. Megaman is evolving constantly, and we are a smaller community. So people just pop in and add what they can, whenever they want. The community and thread is small enough that it's pretty reasonable to read it all.

We annihilate DDD with decent lemon zoning. When they are stale, lemons dont send gordos back, so be ready for that.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Hey guys I'm fairly new to smashboards ant to forums in general and this is my first thread I'm posting on lol I guess you can say I'm popping my forum cherry for the first time so I hope you guys are happy to be my first <3 <3 but anyways I was wondering why the megaman mu thread was so unorganized from like the rest or the mu threads I've seen (for example greninja and ness). What happened? Did the creator get lazy or is this how it's always been where you guys just discuss random mu whenever you feel like it. Not saying I hate it or anything since I like it (idk but I just do lol) but I'm just wondering.

Also what do you guys think about the ddd mu?
1. DDD is pretty simple. His Gordos are practically useless against Megaman as he can easily reflect them with pellets (when they get stale Metal Blades also work). Additionally, he is incredibly large so comboing him is incredibly easy.
2. You should go introduce yourself on the Welcome Center! It's on the top after hitting the Forums tab. The people there are nice and should help introduce you to the site!

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Welcome.

Its the way it is i guess. Megaman is evolving constantly, and we are a smaller community. So people just pop in and add what they can, whenever they want. The community and thread is small enough that it's pretty reasonable to read it all.

We annihilate DDD with decent lemon zoning. When they are stale, lemons dont send gordos back, so be ready for that.
Wait, Mega Man's meta is evolving? I always saw Megs' meta as one of the more sporadic ones, if only because every person I see who mains him plays him their own way.
Also, DDD is food for us. He's cake.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Mega Man's meta is evolving? I always saw Megs' meta as one of the more sporadic ones, if only because every person I see who mains him plays him their own way.
And that's healthy for MegaMan, because no one is really prepared to fight one. We all have our own way of putting damage on characters, and even then it varies by matchup. The real meta for MegaMan is getting kills, which also varies by matchup, but at least it's the only thing an opponent can truly prepare for.

Since I saw Cloud was a topic of discussion here a while ago, I'm going to throw in my own matchup experience. Cloud has very quick and safe options out of a spotdodge, which proved to be real trouble for me since I tend to be grab happy sometimes. I think it's safe to say MegaMan should never be that close in this matchup. Leaf Shield gimp is tempting, but I haven't had a good experience with it so far.

What's interesting is that aside from Little Mac, Cloud is the only character who ends up getting benefits from being heckled by lemons, and since Cloud can't lose the limit break, it makes the matchup feel like something you need to end quickly, but his limit break specials aren't really that threatening. Keep your shield healthy to avoid trouble from Limit Blade Beam or... whatever his side B is called. I call it Misfortune because the kanji translates to that. Fortunately, he doesn't get armor for starting up a limit break attack, so if you just continue lemons, it mitigates limit buildup.

My biggest question in the matchup comes from securing kills. Both Cloud and MegaMan have great punish game, so a mistake on either player's part is a great opportunity for the other; an issue since Cloud's whiffed punishes are much safer. Like I said before about how far Cloud can get from a spotdodge kind of takes bthrow off the table if your opponent is on point with those. @p1ay6ack made a thread a while ago about nair being a great offstage kill option, and I've been really trying to apply that in some of the matchups where Leaf Shield gimps aren't as effective, it seems like it would work against Cloud very well. Wouldn't mind seeing the opinions of some other players on that one.

Also, I'd love to see some opinions on Meta Knight. He's gotten really popular in my area for whatever reason, and as one of the few characters who can actually threaten a stock on MegaMan at below 100%, I think we need conversation about him.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
And that's healthy for MegaMan, because no one is really prepared to fight one. We all have our own way of putting damage on characters, and even then it varies by matchup. The real meta for MegaMan is getting kills, which also varies by matchup, but at least it's the only thing an opponent can truly prepare for.

Since I saw Cloud was a topic of discussion here a while ago, I'm going to throw in my own matchup experience. Cloud has very quick and safe options out of a spotdodge, which proved to be real trouble for me since I tend to be grab happy sometimes. I think it's safe to say MegaMan should never be that close in this matchup. Leaf Shield gimp is tempting, but I haven't had a good experience with it so far.

What's interesting is that aside from Little Mac, Cloud is the only character who ends up getting benefits from being heckled by lemons, and since Cloud can't lose the limit break, it makes the matchup feel like something you need to end quickly, but his limit break specials aren't really that threatening. Keep your shield healthy to avoid trouble from Limit Blade Beam or... whatever his side B is called. I call it Misfortune because the kanji translates to that. Fortunately, he doesn't get armor for starting up a limit break attack, so if you just continue lemons, it mitigates limit buildup.

My biggest question in the matchup comes from securing kills. Both Cloud and MegaMan have great punish game, so a mistake on either player's part is a great opportunity for the other; an issue since Cloud's whiffed punishes are much safer. Like I said before about how far Cloud can get from a spotdodge kind of takes bthrow off the table if your opponent is on point with those. @p1ay6ack made a thread a while ago about nair being a great offstage kill option, and I've been really trying to apply that in some of the matchups where Leaf Shield gimps aren't as effective, it seems like it would work against Cloud very well. Wouldn't mind seeing the opinions of some other players on that one.

Also, I'd love to see some opinions on Meta Knight. He's gotten really popular in my area for whatever reason, and as one of the few characters who can actually threaten a stock on MegaMan at below 100%, I think we need conversation about him.
N-air against cloud does seem to be a better option due to Cloud's N-air being fast and longer range than Leaf Shield, putting Mega in a bad place considering you need to lose or throw the leaf shield to Up-B, and by then it might be too late.
A good Meta Knight is pretty tough for megaman, one whiffed punish is practically a kill for him. I recommend staying safe, using aerial mobility and GROUNDED lemons to pressure him (he's too small to get hit by aerial lemons, so players can quickly find out to just stay on the ground and punish). Stay away from the ledge for the most part as Meta Knight has a really easy time edgeguarding. Fortunately, he has a tough time landing against Megaman, so use that to your advantage. I would say it's in Meta Knights favor but it is very much winnable for Mega Man.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
One of our top two players in my scene uses Meta Knight. His fundamentals are way better than mine so he beats me much more than I beat him. He hates facing Mega Man because of how great we are at neutral compared to Meta Knight. His neutral is terrible and it is really easy to keep him out. Meta Knight's main damage will come from grab setups and dash attack. Avoiding both is pretty simple for Mega Man.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Grounded lemons are my biggest challenge - I dash as an impulse about 90% of the time, I really need to practice walking. I've played against two very different Meta Knights in the past two weeks. Two weeks ago was my first experience against a competent Meta Knight, and I went 1-2 in that set. I like to think I learn matchups quickly, and my most recent tournament on Saturday gave me the opportunity to play another great Meta Knight, I believe he was overall a better player than the first, but I took the set 2-0, second game to timeout (with the majority of my competitive experience in Brawl, timing out Meta Knight felt like some great irony). No matter how in control I felt of the situation, it was very easy to be afraid for the outcome.

I certainly agree with the sentiment that he has a hard time landing, and I've had my best experiences in the matchup on Battlefield and Town and City. Something doesn't sit right with me in the matchup on Smashville, even though T&C has lower ceilings. Thanks for the input, guys, I'll keep what you've said in mind next time. Really gonna put time in on grounded lemons.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Triple grounded lemon to short hop backwards is a solid spacing tool, but dont overuse it or he'll back you to the ledge. Mix up single, double, and triple lemons too.

If someone can find the golden range for mk death combos, please post it here. Megaman is one of a select few characters that can impose self damage, which is a godsend when mks get optimal. Not saying do 60% of self damage every life, but when you're one crash bomb from being safer, its a tactical decision.

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Hello, Mega Man players! The Marth and Lucina sub-forum has begun matchup discussion and analysis on the Mega Man matchup. If you have any input to add, or wish to fight against a Marth/Lucina player for matchup experience, please join us at the following link.

http://smashboards.com/threads/vs-mega-man-matchup-discussion-and-analysis.430648/

And be sure to check the directory thread for the rules and guidelines.

http://smashboards.com/threads/matchup-discussion-and-analysis-directory.414156/

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Interesting. I think we are going to need to play a lot now that Marth has a hoo hah and better range thanks to the last patch.
Wonder how this MU goes now.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Interesting. I think we are going to need to play a lot now that Marth has a hoo hah and better range thanks to the last patch.
Wonder how this MU goes now.
I always saw Mega Man v Marth as a match up in Megs' favor, but thanks to the new buffs Marth got, it's quite possibly a 50/50.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I always saw Mega Man v Marth as a match up in Megs' favor, but thanks to the new buffs Marth got, it's quite possibly a 50/50.
I am pending to be a little more pessimist. More range and a guaranteed kill off a grab are huge. If Marth can space better than before and use his aerials to destroy projectiles as usual, i think it might be a better MU for him now.

I know, theorycrafting -.- is just what i think for now. Hopefully with the buffs he got i will find more people using him around my area.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Marth feels great now tbh. But he still has the issue of pressing advantage, as a win in neutral just leads to more neutral.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Not top sure on the Bayonetta mu, but I feel shes definitely got the advantage on us. One thing that I have noticed however, our dair is incredible against her recovery. Does anyone else have strategies or tricks they use in this mu?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Hey guys. I was wondering about the Robin match up because I struggled fighting a Robin player the other day. Any tips on how to handle the match up?

Megamang

Smash Lord
She is slow with extremely powerful aerials. Keep your zoning up, only enter her zone to grab and chuck her back out.

Uair juggles are solid,, as always.

Her recovery has no hitbox above and megaman is very well equipped for that kind of thing. Box her offstage with nair ftilt and jab, especially ftilt ftilt nair strings. Gimp with nair, bair, and dair.

What specifically killed you? Dont contest levin aerials...

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
She is slow with extremely powerful aerials. Keep your zoning up, only enter her zone to grab and chuck her back out.

Uair juggles are solid,, as always.

Her recovery has no hitbox above and megaman is very well equipped for that kind of thing. Box her offstage with nair ftilt and jab, especially ftilt ftilt nair strings. Gimp with nair, bair, and dair.

What specifically killed you? Dont contest levin aerials...
Just trying to get in and finding the best times to get a kill set up. Every match I had ended in time out because we were both spacing each other out and had a hard time getting the kill.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I find myself getting kills with zdrop into usmash, usmash as ledge coverage, and gimps. Bair and uair also play important parts in overall coverage.

For MU specific stuff, a thrown book will kill him quickly. Dont shield arcthunder or youll get hit/grabbed anyways... pretty sure all his projectiles lose to pellets so you should be forcing the approach so if its a scary game don't be afraid to wait for that bthrow.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
You can duck n under arcthunder too. It's definitely a patient game. I got timed out by one game 1 at my last event. Ended up bringing it back, but only because leafs tool humps off stage ruined his day.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I've tried to come out with a MU spread of the Blue Bomber and ended up with this:

Just something to start out, feel free to correct some instance where you feel like I'm wrong.

Megamang

Smash Lord
My experience puts ness at even. His strengths dont line up threateningly with our weakness IMO. Strong aerials, but we arent gonna contest them. Bad mobility to escape pellet zoning. Leaf shield and metal blade beat the psi magnet while pellets win against trying to bat reflect so he has to approach. We are so heavy that bthrow is just slightly ridiculous (better than most tournament characters do!), and we excel at getting him offstage (Ftilt ftilt nair) where we can usually gimp him or do severe damage.

Plutooooo

Smash Rookie
I'd argue that MM is at a slight disadvantage against Bowser jr. because of his higher mobility and his mecha koopa ruins the pellet game neutral. He also juggles MM hard. But it isn't too bad based on my past experience.

MM definitely has the advantage on Lucario until about 50% where pellets can't cancel out medium charged aura spheres anymore. His moves are really laggy in the neutral, so it's really easy to punish him with pretty much anything. You can actually bring him to 100% in under a minute if you play it right, guy is pellet and MB fodder. However you have to close the stock early of course. As with all characters, you lose to max aura Luke.

Yoshi has a big advantage imo as his aerials are so fast and have high priority. If he rushes you down, you can't challenge anything. Difficult to keep up that zoning wall and punish game if you're not 100% sure on what Yoshi can and can't do.

With Olimar his pikmin eat everything. He has more damage output than us in the neutral with his pikmin latching on to you, and as a result we can't use most of our projectiles effectively, especially against purples. Smash attacks are too lagless to punish at midrange with grabs which is the best way to pop him in the air for us. Hard to keep Olimar in the air where he's weak.

A good ROB can really outcamp and outpoke us. He can easily keep Megaman at bay with good gyro placement and long range lasers. Also his nair eats pellets, one of his best spacing tools. Not the kind of neutral MM thrives in. He can edgeguard us easily too.

Fox is pretty fast and can utilt us forever. Also lasers. We can edgeguard him effectively, but one that has experience against MM can bait out moves and punish and rushdown Megaman hard.

Toon Link and Link have a notable advantage on flat stages even though pellets clank with everything. MM is forced to go through their wall which can be hard because they can spam all apporaches with projectiles in different directions and defend openings with their aerials. MM has to stay inside of that wall while outside of sword range. It's tough without platforms imo. Bombs eat pellets too. Basically another rob matchup except this time you're fightig someone who keeps screaming at you. But remember: this mostly spplies to flat stages (smashville included!!).

Here's a good video of what I mean. I hate fighting good links/TLs....

Rosa has a strong advantage. At neutral it's about 50/50, but even if you spam crash bombers on Luma, that's about all you can do without being dash attacked. have to spend your time camping while maintaining stage control which is almost impossible because of luma priority and meat shield. Best you can do is bring them to duck hunt where you can camp harder. They can actually spam dash attack and you can do little to stop them. The only time we can really get damage is when Luma is gone, but then again we aren't a rushdown character so it's risky. Once you're in the air, prepare to be juggled forever, she punishes every landing with DA or upsmash or uair. It's a matchup that's 10x more stressful on MM than it is Rosa because you can't punish her as hard as she can to you. Also, her edgeguarding beats ours in this MU.

GW's DA beats pellets, his aerials beat our fair and bair, we can't gimp him or edgeguard him well, and he also has the dreaded bucket. Keeping him in the air is hard too because of his dair and horizontal aerials. His Usmash is really gay, can't do anything other than dodge it because of invincibility (like Mario's) and priority.

I think Roy is a bad matchup. Roy players don't really care about any projectiles we send at them and he really puts pressure on us. Can still try to edgeguard him if you go deep I guess though.

We can actually disrupt a ton of Falcon's approaches with pellets and leaf shield, plus he's insanely easy to gimp. Pellets even beat out falcon kick afaik. You can really make him feel suffocated with pellets. Notable advantage here because he can still rush you down if you mess up.

The top row should say clear disadvantage. Other than that, I agree with the rest of the list more or less.

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
^Doom and gloom lol. You never went much into counterplay there. I think mega does well against Rob. Sure he can nair our pellets, but that isn't a wining situation. Just time a pellet to make him nair (if thats what he is doing every time) and then pellet again. Thrown MB -> pellets is another string which can disrupt his anti-zoning. Hell, crash bomber -> MB -> pellet him, maybe Leaf Shield -> MB -> pellets. If you aren't zonning those characters somewhat effectively, I think new things should be tried.

I think you were just trying to hit the footnotes, but your analysis looks like mega straight can't do much when he really can. I find it interesting you are optimistic against fox and CF, which most megamen hate. I agree that leaf shield and pellets do a hell of a lot against those two, and are often underestimated. Learning to avoid the kill setups for both goes miles in the MU.

Against rosa, a combination of downwards metal blades, leafshield, and FF airdodges (often with leaf shield) are enough of a mixup to get down eventually, though I agree her juggling is scary for mega.

Edit: Tornado is really nice against Rosa because she is big but floaty and light, doesn't fastfall particularly fast, and isn't truly fast in the air (she accel/deccels fast so she is mobile, but not high top speed truly) so its easyish to trace her. Plus if she falls to the ledge, you can easily dispel of luma. I don't find this MU to be truly difficult, though the better player usually wins so its probably very close to even.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I think we do fine against the Koopa Kids. The only downside Plutooooo listed was his high mobility and mecha koopa. Yeah the toy does block a lot of our stuff, but we can work around it. Crash Bombs auto detonate on them and Metal Blade goes through them just like any other common annoying obstacle (trees/hydrants/lumas). His clown car mobility is easily shut down with...almost anything. Lemons being the most notable but every projectile we have short of Crash Bombs work before he gets his super armor while cruising. Very easy to interrupt. That messes up his number one mix-up tool right there. I'm also posting some replays in the critique thread soon.

Megamang

Smash Lord
With decent timing you can do approaching jumping pelllets while grabbing the mechakoopa. Megaman also has great options for mixups when he has any item in his hand, as you still have access to your crash bomber, metal blade, and leaf shield. You can toss as many of those as you want, quickly toss the mecha when you see an opening, and then continue with a pellet salvo. Mega isn't nearly as impeded holding something as most characters, which also goes miles against ROB.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I LOVE taking ROB's Gyro and using it for long periods of time against him. It doesn't disappear as quickly as Diddy's bananas.

Top Bottom