• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo wins EVO 2015 over Mr. R

XxMAGICxX

Smash Rookie
If only Nario, didn't jump up into the air on the first paralyzer and try and go for the fair, ZeRo would be done for, but congrats to ZeRo for winning all of the big majors and if you want him to loose go do it yourself, he has earned all of his wins.

MegaTuks

Smash Rookie
Congrats Zero! Truly a legend.

I really wished that ESAM did better, but that cheese with Abadango
i agree ESAM was amazing but he got so nervous at his last match :C he missed great oportunities, next time he might :p

Ur2Slow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sponger64
Zero is currently unbeatable in this game. Perhaps it's good if he focuses on melee since tourneys will get boring seeing the same person win so much (if they haven't to people already). And who knows, maybe people will improve their game while he's gone

Bolt_Master_Ampharos

Smash Rookie
Zero is currently unbeatable in this game. Perhaps it's good if he focuses on melee since tourneys will get boring seeing the same person win so much (if they haven't to people already). And who knows, maybe people will improve their game while he's gone
Exactly. Tournament scene will become stale. People might stop entering because of how the result is always going to be the same.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Exactly. Tournament scene will become stale. People might stop entering because of how the result is always going to be the same.
You guys must not have been around during the KEN era then if you think that's true. Dunno how anyone forgets that he dominated Melee the same way Zero is Sm4sh now. Every game has its king for a time, but the talent pool usually catches up eventually, if not straight up surpassing them.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Zero, amazing man... The best in the world by faaaaaaaaaar!

Bolt_Master_Ampharos

Smash Rookie
You guys must not have been around during the KEN era then if you think that's true. Dunno how anyone forgets that he dominated Melee the same way Zero is Sm4sh now. Every game has its king for a time, but the talent pool usually catches up eventually, if not straight up surpassing them.
Ken has, correct me if I'm wrong, never gone a tournament without losing a SINGLE GAME. I might be wrong though.

Madotsuki

Smash Rookie
NNID
worlds-end-star
Honestly, I'm not upset at all that ZeRo won. I think it's amazing he didn't drop a single game the entire way up to 1st place.
Also, I'd like to see the results for all 1,926 entrants if possible. Just out of curiosity.

Bolt_Master_Ampharos

Smash Rookie
ZeRo recently said in his AMA on reddit that he believes no one will ever take a set off of him. I really hope he's wrong but I know that he's right.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
He made a ":-)" smiley afterwards. I am not too sure if he is serious.

The metaame is still quite young, and Ken and M2K also were very dominant in other smash games in the past. Zero will always be the best or one of the best, but it will get harder for him as time passes.

FoolishPaul

Smash Rookie
NNID
FoolishPaul
Zero has much better fundamentals and mastery of the neutral game so it is not surprising. Nairo came the closest but he kept missing his mark and SDing. Way too much SDing and missed techs in Top 32 hopefully that changes down the line the game is still very young. Players also need to learn more match ups and learn to counterpick stages better like seriously Abadango switched to Rosalina against a Shiek and then went to Battlefield that is two big mistakes. Their also was a lot more variety this tournament and a few upsets. The tournament was filled with hype and was run so much better than Apex 2015. Now that customs was shown to add a lot more to the game than it takes away we can bring the meta game forward and ignore the anti custom scrubs.
Nairo is our only hope and abadango was just being stupid and let tiers get to his head with that dumb switch

12er

Smash Rookie
Congratulations to all the top 8 players, it was cool to see diddy in grand finals :awesome:

SharpedoByte

Smash Rookie
NNID
jloney2276
We all knew this would happen, I kinda hope zero does stick to his word and play melee so we can see some diversity of winners of major tournaments

Top Bottom