• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Secondary Discussion

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I personally really like having pika as a secondary. norad claimed earlier that Diddy is similar to ZSS and that makes him a good secondary (whether or not that's true...). That's the same reason I think pika is a good alt. He's really fast, has the same sort of u-air (only not as good), a kinda slow-ish chasable projectile, and a hitbox that hits way above him (zss's up-b vs. pika lightning).

Pika doesn't have the aerial prowess that ZSS has, but he's got better smashes and a stellar grab game. Plus buffered grabs are funsies.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I'm in Sparrow's boat, I duo Snake and ZSS.

It's the skintight clothing, I can't stay away :'(

But on a serious note, I find there's no one I really struggle with. Snake doesn't like olimar so I go zero suit, ZSS doesn't like sheik so I go snake etc.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I personally really like having pika as a secondary. norad claimed earlier that Diddy is similar to ZSS and that makes him a good secondary (whether or not that's true...). That's the same reason I think pika is a good alt. He's really fast, has the same sort of u-air (only not as good), a kinda slow-ish chasable projectile, and a hitbox that hits way above him (zss's up-b vs. pika lightning).

Pika doesn't have the aerial prowess that ZSS has, but he's got better smashes and a stellar grab game. Plus buffered grabs are funsies.
The problem I have with pikachu is he has 2 levels of play, you can scrub with him really easiy, or you can get really good and he is one of the hardest characters to get near pro with, also, unless you really know what you are doing and how to play pikachu extremely well that falco match is really bad, once you get good at quick attack canceling and his dumb *** chain grab that is when the match flips up on its head.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I second PT. He's actually not a terrible choice for a secondary. He's about even with Pit, Sheik, and Lucario, and (IMO since neither board has a matchup to my knowledge), 60:40 against Luigi. He's somewhat better than ZSS against Falco (Squirtle is good, Ivy is bad, charizard is slightly disadvantaged). Not sure how they'd do against Diddy (my guess is that Squirtle would do well, Charizard poorly and Ivy awful). And they don't do well against MK.

The main advantage to playing PT though is that he's just plain awesome.

Frr

Smash Rookie
I second G&W and I believe he is a good choice for two reasons. First one is the fact he covers most of ZSS bad match-ups (Duh! That's the main thing we're looking into here) and second reason is his learning curve. He can be learned more easily and quickly than most character, which I believe is a good thing considering ZSS learning curve. You'll be able to learn your secondary relatively quickly, giving you more time to learn and practice ZSS.

Sure, his bad match-ups are Diddy and MK, but they're only 40/60, so winnable with both ZSS and G&W. Maybe I don't see a problem with this because I'm a former Bowser main and the vast majority of his match-ups are 40/60, so I'm used to that.

Match-up covered by Game and Watch:
Falco: 60/40
Sheik: 60/40 (Sheiks went for a 55/45 advantage for G&W)
Lucario: 60/40
Luigi: 70/30
Pit: 65/35 (Pits hesitating between 65/35 and 60/40 advantage for G&W)

Match-up not covered by Game and Watch:
Diddy: 40/60
MK: 40/60

noradseven

Smash Lord
Wow thats p. good, diddy isn't really bad for ZSS and MK well, we deal with him alright, maybe I should try G&W a bit, because he is a p. straightforward character.

How does he do against olimar/snake this is important.

Frr

Smash Rookie
As far as Olimar goes, it's even with a small advantage to G&W (55:45). Dtilt will go trough most of Olimar's approach, but not his grab. The Key beats Olimar's Usmash and you'll destroy him while he's in the air. Also a well spaced turtle will outreach his standing grab. If you watch out for his grab and don't let him get away from you, it should go well.

As far as Snake goes, it's another story. It's a hard match (60/40). I feel that ZSS will have an easier time launching Snake in the air than G&W, but he'll have an easier keeping him in the air because of his Uair. But all in all, it's as bad for G&W as ZSS, so either use the one you're more comfortable with or the one the Snake is less used to playing against (if you have that knowledge).

sasook

Smash Champion
Well, I doubt ZSS players would switch to fight Snake. She has the advantage on him as it is, or if not, it's -at least- 50:50.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I think you shouldn't have to switch for snake, it's matchup that takes a lot of practice and good spacing but is very winnable.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Match-up covered by Falco:
Falco: 50/50
MK: 50/50
Lucario: 55/45
Luigi: 60/40
Pit: 55/45
Diddy: 60/40

Match-up not covered by Falco:
Shiek: 45/55

Shiek should be somewhat winnable for falco seeing as its 45/55 only.

Just trying to help.

Top Bottom