• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus's downB?

burrito

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if this is too specific to deserve it's own thread. The character specific rooms are new, so I'm not quite sure how they should work yet.

Anyhow, this is really bothering me. All other moves for characters that are playable in the demo have been reported already. This is the only only one that seems to be unknown. Could someone please tell me what Zamus's downB is?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Maybe, but the Dojo never confirmed if it was an A or B move. And even if it was B, that would only be a Down Smash B. He wants to know what Down B is, not Down Smash A, or Down Smash B, or whichever Smash it is.
ok, well smash or no smash i still think her Down B is the Paralyzer. but i'll let HugS confirm if it's something else.

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, as Shark X says. If that were Zamus's downB, than it would have said <down special move>. So, her down special is yet to be described.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i thought her down special was some sort of little teleport thing, i'll ask a few of the guys who were there, i didn't use samus/ZSS

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Her down b is a little teleport jump. It looks a lot like Sheik's up+b in the air, how she does a little flip jump. Zamus flashes during this time, possibly indicating invulnerability. I don't remember if she falls helplessly to the ground after it or if she can attack.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Her down b is a little teleport jump. It looks a lot like Sheik's up+b in the air, how she does a little flip jump. Zamus flashes during this time, possibly indicating invulnerability. I don't remember if she falls helplessly to the ground after it or if she can attack.
Hm...very interesting. Not at all what I might have expected.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Keep in mind we typically had ~20 seconds to play with Zamus given the mechanics of her transformation... and that's ONLY if you actually managed to get the smash ball. And with ~20 minutes or more between matches, we didn't always feel like sacrificing our remaining playing time to analyze each character's moves :). But luckily I DID use that move (only in the air, though) and noticed what it did.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Keep in mind we typically had ~20 seconds to play with Zamus given the mechanics of her transformation... and that's ONLY if you actually managed to get the smash ball. And with ~20 minutes or more between matches, we didn't always feel like sacrificing our remaining playing time to analyze each character's moves :). But luckily I DID use that move (only in the air, though) and noticed what it did.
Well I'm glad you did! :chuckle:

burrito

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot, I'm glad we finally got that down. I was hoping for something more original for her downB, though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
no, there was a time limit on how long you could play brawl the the convention.

and thanks for the info, it was really bugging me.

Seems to me that Sakuri mixed her her Up B and Down B. They need to be reversed in order for Zamus to be any good. It's bad enough she might not even be fully playable.
How will that make any difference? She still has both moves, you just need to press buttons a little differently. And I'm sure much more thought was put into her moves by Sakurai than you, so don't assume things.

is there a time limit to how long you can play as Zamus???
Until you use her Final Smash, or when the match ends.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Seems to me that Sakuri mixed her her Up B and Down B. They need to be reversed in order for Zamus to be any good. It's bad enough she might not even be fully playable.
I don't see the difference (MK also has a teleport Bv).

Plus, brawl=Fully customized controls. You can set that to be a A button move if you want.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Plus, brawl=Fully customized controls. You can set that to be a A button move if you want.
I don't think it's like that... You can make it so all B moves are used with the A button and vice versa, but I don't think that you can assign individual attacks to different buttons.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I was worried about the DownB, using the paralyzer to shoot someone's feet seemed like one of the worst move ideas I'd ever seen in Smash Bros, when you could just use normalB to paralyze the person.
That's her Dsmash.

dorky24

Smash Rookie
im hoping you can play straight off as zasums like you can do with zelda/sheik....all u need to do is hold a button...that would be cool

Any one else sad that zamus' final smash doesn't do any damage to anyone else? i do like the fact that she can regain her armor and all, but i just wish it can do damage to other people also

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Any one else sad that zamus' final smash doesn't do any damage to anyone else? i do like the fact that she can regain her armor and all, but i just wish it can do damage to other people also
It has been confirmed that i t does damage if the enemies are close to her.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Does ZSS have any other recoveries? I know the down B and the tether recovery but is there any others? (lets say like wall jump) oh and dont say foot stool I already know that..

Hyperfan

Smash Apprentice
Spending a majority of the time with ZSS at the convention, I found that her Down B is an aerial dodge of some sort. I used it as I would a forward roll, as far as I could tell, there was no (noticeable) invincibility frames. Of course, I could've been using it COMPLETELY wrong as I had no idea how to properly use it and was just improvising. Works well in that particular manner, interestingly enough.

ZSSmetroid01

Smash Cadet
I've been looking at the vids, and im not quite sure how it works but, you know how Mario has down special fludd on the ground but Mario tornado in the air? well im pretty sure zamus has an up special much like screw attack, if she uses it in the air. and her down B is just a flip, but im pretty sure while she is flipping on her way up it hurts them and then she come down really fast. Its in a lot of videos but its hard to tell shes doing anything.

If you look carefully you'll see the screw attack multiple times, but im not sure if it does damage... on the plus side it has tons of distance. oh wait now that I look more closely it does look like shes doing it off the ground... is it screw attack? I dunno! Anyways you guys look at it.

up B screw attack in air thing:http://youtube.com/watch?v=1BOtMayVuVg
its actually used quite a bit in that link, watch the whole thing, she does it once at 2:14 then again and a couple times before that.

oh and here she does her down B, it looks a lot like a regular jump but its not.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DsiBDV9Xu9c at 2:21and perfect at the very end in sloe motion.

ZSSmetroid01

Smash Cadet
It looks kind of like she uses her whip on him really fast when she just comes down from teh apex of her flip. Could the flip be used as an evasive counter?
Hey, maybe your right, Meta Knight cab do that with his cloak, he does an auto dodge and the he can quickly attack, maybe its the same deal

Top Bottom