• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus's downB?

DrAlpha

Smash Rookie
So I've been playing Brawl for the past couple of days and have recently been playing with ZSS a lot, so I figure I'd confirm a few things with you guys. When I first started using her, I got owned HARD over and over and I started to think that she just sucks. But then I learned how to use her Down B effectively, which is one of her KEY moves. I'll try to go into as much detail as possible about the move.

So it's basically a flip jump that has zero lag. (watch vids for exactly flight pattern of the jump) So from the moment you press down B, you'll jump in the air instantly and quickly. I'm pretty sure there are a few frames of invulnerability at the beginning of the jump, but I'm not 100% certain on that. Once you reach the peak of the jump, you can tap B again to do fairly powerful kick on your way down (it kinda looks/hits like a sex kick). This kick can only be used with the down B jump. Also, after you use the down b jump, you CAN jump again but you can't re-use the down b over and over.

If you hit your enemy in the right spot, it can be used as a spike as well! It's a really good edge guarding technique and with ZSS's moveset, you can go pretty far out from the ledge.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
it also works really well as a recovery technique as the down b sex kick has a lot of priority on it also it can be used an instant wall jump - moves u up danm fast up walls - you can wall jump off the ledge with it - really really confuses people then follow up with a side b ledge grab ... confusing people

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
her down b is more useful to getting back to the edge than up b, if you up b, and someone is already grabbing the edge you wont grapple and pull urself back up

also i'm pretty sure there is lag in that move, and i always do the kick even if i don't want to ... so i don't think you have to press b again, this is in the air so i might be completely wrong for the ground

Top Bottom