• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Whip In Use

W.Jr

Smash Lord
Has anyone thought about how zero suit samus whip maybe able to destroy projectiles like mario fire apple or like samus hyper beam.??????? Also who do you think is going to have a longer or better whip on the edge coming back to the stage, samus, or zero suit samus????????

gamer8

Smash Lord
Also, to your question, who is going to have better or longer whip for tether recovery.... They both look like they have the same length, though zero suit samus can also grab ledges with her up special (If I remember correctly)

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
From what I saw the whip looks like it's relatively fast and can be used as a combo finisher.
Its not that it doesnt come out fast, but that it appears to lag some when its coming back. Any Samus in melee can tell you that they love a reflector/cape happy opponent for that very reason. There is enough lag associated with destroying the projectile and returning to a neutral position that it can be abused.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
The whip had a lot of lag when it was coming back. Think of the lag from Samus's grapple in Melee, that's the sort of lag that the whip has. The whip isn't that great, and it's definately NOT as good as Marth's sword.

gamer8

Smash Lord
The whip had a lot of lag when it was coming back. Think of the lag from Samus's grapple in Melee, that's the sort of lag that the whip has. The whip isn't that great, and it's definately NOT as good as Marth's sword.
Off topic: Nice thing you put for your location: your moms bedroom...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
We don't know that.
After all, brawl isn't finished. Yet.
Besides, ZSSamus's whip could become extremely cheap.
But we don't know that, do we?

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Has anyone thought about how zero suit samus whip maybe able to destroy projectiles like mario fire apple or like samus hyper beam.??????? Also who do you think is going to have a longer or better whip on the edge coming back to the stage, samus, or zero suit samus????????
ZOMG! Fire apples...use commas...

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I cant see the pictures you posted in the first post, it says your bandwidth has exceeded. I think it will be similiar to Marths sword but if you miss the projectile you might be in even more trouble.

ZSSmetroid01

Smash Cadet
Do her forward and up smashes use the whip? I'm pretty sure they do
because i've seen the whip do 4 things
-the zig zag forward >B, on Dojo

-the straight up ^B, on Dojo

-but then there was one where she actually swung it at them, http://youtube.com/watch?v=fMsMyybQkzc at 1:37, >smash?

-and one where she sorta did a spin upwards, same vid at 1:29, ^Smash?

Top Bottom