• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus vs. Olimar

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Yeah this matchup really isn't too hard. Its really just a spacing war since ZSS is like the only character who can match Olimar's range. I usually don't have too much trouble in this matchup, just need to play smart.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
if u play a good zamus... spaced f-b is unpunishable, d-b gets zamus out of any trouble, and then she has quick high priority atk's... i'm gonna go out on a limb and say 55-45 zss

Rocann

Smash Lord
last time I fought snakee was in november, he got me 2-1. people playing online won't have a clue about this matchup, because one of the things you have to be able to do is powershield the side B on command if you want to grab him. p~s is spot on for the matchup numbers I think

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
i found that the zamus isnt too hard of a match up. a few guys around here play her and i dont have a terribly difficult time. i think the toughest time in the fight is the very first life, especially if the zamus is good at handling the armor.

a few of the stupid things she can do tho....
her down b is great for above apraoches, i think only reds and yellows can uair safely.
her normal jab is 1frame...very fast, and (the ones i face) follow it with a dtilt to get me into the air, not only in the air i guess, but above her as-well.
dsmash is very annoying and if hit at 100+ you can die very easily from a bair or if your tricksies, a down b.
like mentioned, the armor is a pain, i do my best to get rid of those and/or use them against her, depends on the level. (the zamus' i play throw them down on to me, i shield the hit. then they catch it with a uair before they land, leaving me options to either roll and get hit, or stay and take the shield punishment [also depends on level, GG battlefield])
her foward be can also be very annoying, but like everyone knows, it is key to be able to power shield this. (after playing two to three wolfs, whos laser kills pikmins, i learned to power shield on command for approaches. so its kinda habit know to do that rather than spot dodging.)

i would link a video of a some matches with zamus in them and me in them, but the zamus i played two days ago was pretty predictable and it was teams. but if youd like to see it, just pm me or something, ill ofc check back here as-well.
(not sure how much of this was actually brought up in the matchup thread although i should prolly go look xD )

Top Bottom