• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus - Official discussion of her in SSBB

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
If Samus is 6ft 3 198 lbs somethings wrong. I'm quite athletic, 6ft 3 and 165 lbs. Granted I'm male so I lack some areas of increased weight, but she doesn't look that well endowed. Where are those numbers coming from.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
If Samus is 6ft 3 198 lbs somethings wrong. I'm quite athletic, 6ft 3 and 165 lbs. Granted I'm male so I lack some areas of increased weight, but she doesn't look that well endowed. Where are those numbers coming from.
I think that's her weight in her suit

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I just want to say what a crock I think it is that they added this sort of smut to the Brawl roster and counted it as the Metroid representation. Adding Ridley would have been so much better than flaunting Samus around like a pinup girl...

TGM

Smash Lord
DOes anybody know ZS colors? Ive seen the blue and black colored ZS......and pics of the others?

I

i8waffles612

ZSS looks very amazing and athletic. She could be my main :D

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Since she was announced to be selectable I've really taken to Zamus as a character.

Ridley would have been amazing, he should have been in. It sucks that he isn't.

But on a plus for the metroid series, we get to hear samus speak for the first time!

I'm thinking of maining samus and zamus together. This = awesome combo

p.s, Fusion suit samus rocks!

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
i went hyper actice as soon as i read that she was selectable!

i even forgave sakurai for not including krystal.

so hey,
am i gonna be the only hardcore ZSS mainer here?
or what?

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
Im actually of thinking of maining Zamus, she looks like a female version of Marth in my opinion. Her range is amazing according gameplay videos ive seen on youtube. I believe she is a great Metroid ambassador. And *puts on flame shield* im glad that ridley is a boss....

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
Im actually of thinking of maining Zamus, she looks like a female version of Marth in my opinion. Her range is amazing according gameplay videos ive seen on youtube. I believe she is a great Metroid ambassador. And *puts on flame shield* im glad that ridley is a boss....
im glad too.

hes more of a boss type of character anyhow..

the only thing im worried about is the random fan fictions fangirls are gonna write about involving samus and snake...

maining because:

-Metroid character
-WEARS BLUE. =D
-strong female character. just because im a guy, that dosent mean i can want
characters that a stronger than me. :laugh:
-VERY AGILE. my gosh, shes looks so fun to use.

what are you guys's reasons?

TGM

Smash Lord
the fact that spacing is key in the game ad ZS looks to have the best reach in the game.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
The Stun Gun is looking to be a vicious setup move, and that's just for use with her not-so-strong attacks, but I think it'll get downright feared for its use with items and teammates who are stronger. Home Run Bat and Ike come to mind.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
The paralyzer is definitely the greatest thing ever. Charged shots and down smashes stun your foes, how great is that? The smash even holds them there for nearly a second. She always has plenty of options at her disposal and is just fun to play in general.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
i wonder what happens when u shoot a paralizer while someones in the air...would they gain a jump back or would they fall straight down like mewtwo's ''disable'' in melee

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
I have a question about her recovering.

I haven't played the game myself, but I heard that the tether can only grab on to the edge and not the walls of the stage. If this is true, edge hogging is going to be very easy for other players. So, my question is does her recovery work similar to Samus's and Link's tether in melee or does it only grab the edge?

If it onnly gabs the edge, I think that using her down b and an extra jump could be used as a recovery tactic.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
i think it auto sweet spots. i saw some vids where the player tried to grab the side wall and fell straight down...which is really stupid. it makes everyones recovery too predictable. i saw a vid of sheik vs lucario and i forgot which was doing which i think sheik grabbed the edge while lucario was trying to recover and his up B still auto sweet spotted only sheik was on the ledge, so theres like no way to recover from ANYWHERE below the stage if its being hogged.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
^^^^
Simply put... I agree.

They should have used at least ONE more character. Hell, I would have even accepted Dark Samus as a clone of Samus.
I just want to say what a crock I think it is that they added this sort of smut to the Brawl roster and counted it as the Metroid representation. Adding Ridley would have been so much better than flaunting Samus around like a pinup girl...
What are you, trolls? No matter, your comments didn't spark a firestorm like the Princess Peach's Thong thread.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
ZSamus can use her DownB as a recovery move, and since shes slightly on the heavier side+with great DI, there wasn't much time when I had to use her grapple as recovery.

Top Bottom