• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus is too hard for me

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
These matches were recorded and played on November 2nd so please consider any changes. such as

-I shield cancel more
-I do ASC shield cancel/grab more
-I do the "Super Roll" now
-I now grab one of ZSS's armor pieces and spam Spin Charge to HA to Spring until i get an opening to throw it.

*Please keep in mind that of the 3 matches played in the set, only 2 were uploaded but all 3 were recorded. How lame is that :urg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeA9Z8_LH-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBPxNc0G16o

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
First off, lol Green Hill Zone ***** both of you <3 If there's one thing I've learned from playing against Zamus, it's that spin dash/spin charge just seems like a really really bad approach. It's going to get shielded, and you're going to get tossed around by Zamus' awesome aerials. Most of my spins in this matchup are canceled so I can try to land a short hopped B-air, or F-air. Also, Zamus' recovery is not nearly as bad as it seems.. I thought it was really easy to gimp at first, but then I played good Zamus players :( The best option I've found against gimping her recovery is low fairs off the side right as she goes to tether. I'd assume that's the most vulnerable point you're going to find in her recovery. She's still really light though, so as long as you keep your killing moves fresh, killing shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm so tired. I'll watch the videos again tomorrow, and edit this post with some maybe useful info.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I could have sworn I posted here last night. Friggin comp.

Anyway the second match is whats important. You got read like a book. You also have a number of habits that certainly do not aid you when facing ZSS (spincharge~uair).

There isn't much that can be said other than get better since int he second match, the ZSS was simply better than you.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Don't know a whole lot about the matchup other than she has a similar d-air to Sonic. Keep an eye out for that.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Anyway the second match is whats important. You got read like a book. You also have a number of habits that certainly do not aid you when facing ZSS (spincharge~uair).

There isn't much that can be said other than get better since int he second match, the ZSS was simply better than you.
oh man :laugh:

that makes me wonder how many people were destroyed by a high level players using top tier characters and decided they were OP.

Not to detract from said top tier characters, but matchups seem alot worse when you play against a high level player and you're not one yourself lol.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Don't roll so much.
Space better.
Stop being so repetitive on the Spring->Dair at always the same time. >_< If your gonna do that every time, at least make either you won't get punished or the Dair hits.
Grab moar.
When your on the ground and 1/2 the stage+ away, don't use down-B, use Side-B. Then you can shield cancel it. Or jump and down B, so your closer so the SDR has slightly more priority, or you can shield cancel that.
Grab moar.
Tilt more.
:)

Top Bottom