• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZENITH 2014 - Aug 2-3 - Brooklyn, NY

clubbadubba

Smash Master
EDIT: After this tournament, my 4 adapters are going to be given to peru (August/September) and Japan (October/November), so you'll have to make your own for Apex next year
Looks like VA/MD might have a project over the fall so we can send our prodigal son the Pharaoh of the Ball of Extremely Hot Gas to Apex full power

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
No problem. I'll pay you 20 for using it.

Though I plan on using my 64 controller for my Pikachu play (aka I plan on using my Pikachu for dubz and maybe a good Kirby.

MAYBE

I also prefer 64 falcon

So KB Yoshi, controller everyone else (who matters)

Last edited:

F-haru 1952

Smash Rookie
Hey,

I didn't register for Zenith since I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to come or not, but am I still able to come and play friendlies? Or is that no good since registration is closed...?

Battlecow

Play to Win
For pool seeding you should ask a TO from a community that has done this before. 64 does NOT need our own special way of doing things, we should seed pools the same way everyone else does (I'm assuming there's some consensus)

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
For pool seeding you should ask a TO from a community that has done this before. 64 does NOT need our own special way of doing things, we should seed pools the same way everyone else does (I'm assuming there's some consensus)
pools are already done, cant publish them till melee and pm get on their ****

Last edited:

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
yes han solo.

I am assuming

Killer
Star King
LD
Koro

need adapters. I am bringing 4. You guys should throw me like $20 or something to use them, they cost about $150 each to make.

EDIT: After this tournament, my 4 adapters are going to be given to peru (August/September) and Japan (October/November), so you'll have to make your own for Apex next year
What if i pay you to make one more for me for apex 2015?

banze

Smash Journeyman
Hey bro!
Since you are coming to South America, what if I ask you to bring one for us down here and we pay you the making and shipping (Peru - Brazil) expenses!?
Is it possible? I have a ton of players here that could join the console scene by playing a Tournament on KB.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
What's going on for setups? Depending on what's going on with my ride/transportation/carpool I COULD bring a setup + TV but I have no idea if that's even necessary

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Hey bro!
Since you are coming to South America, what if I ask you to bring one for us down here and we pay you the making and shipping (Peru - Brazil) expenses!?
Is it possible? I have a ton of players here that could join the console scene by playing a Tournament on KB.
I can send you 2 from peru

People should send their top 32 predictions to karajan.ssb@gmail.com, numbered 1 through 32

Afterwards I'll have a reward for the most accurate, as well as data on the most overrated and underrated players, etc.

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
WereWyatt is me, and he sucks because I haven't ever been to a real tournament before and nobody in Georgia is actually good at 64.

I still don't have a place to stay, which is fine because I always just wing it and it's like one weekend, don't mind being stuck in my van or staying up all night and raging. I assume I'll be eliminated on the first day anyway so it might not matter because I'm probably gonna drive over night Friday and just take a nap somewhere before sign in starts or whatever.

Will you guys level with me: is this a good idea? Is it really stupid to drive all the way up the East Coast to get bodied for a few matches and lose? Will people play friendlies with me? Will people be cool and nice or will everybody laugh at me for being a noob? I don't mind doing really badly in the tournament and chalking it up as a learning experience, it's just I couldn't get any of my friends or associates to come with me and I don't know how exclusive people are gonna be since they don't know me and I'm not a part of the scene or whatever.

Oh also I can bring an n64 and a copy of SSB but not a CRT. Would that still help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
You'll be fine, dude. I went from the west coast to New Jersey for Apex. I had serious doubts about spending that much money to go to Apex (just ask around about my flip flopping), and guess what? I ended up going and had an amazing time. It will be no different for you.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
WereWyatt is me, and he sucks because I haven't ever been to a real tournament before and nobody in Georgia is actually good at 64.

I still don't have a place to stay, which is fine because I always just wing it and it's like one weekend, don't mind being stuck in my van or staying up all night and raging. I assume I'll be eliminated on the first day anyway so it might not matter because I'm probably gonna drive over night Friday and just take a nap somewhere before sign in starts or whatever.

Will you guys level with me: is this a good idea? Is it really stupid to drive all the way up the East Coast to get bodied for a few matches and lose? Will people play friendlies with me? Will people be cool and nice or will everybody laugh at me for being a noob? I don't mind doing really badly in the tournament and chalking it up as a learning experience, it's just I couldn't get any of my friends or associates to come with me and I don't know how exclusive people are gonna be since they don't know me and I'm not a part of the scene or whatever.

Oh also I can bring an n64 and a copy of SSB but not a CRT. Would that still help?
If you really enjoy playing smash and don't mind getting pwned, then you should have a good time. Don't be shy about introducing yourself, you will get mad respect for the trip you are making despite not playing competitively. People will play friendlies with you for sure, and if they are beating you down they will probably be giving you pointers as you play. I can't imagine people excluding you unless you are an asshole.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Just stay classy and handsome, and you will be good to go. At least it helped me at last apex.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord

I went to Apex for my first tourney from Florida to Jersey having not met anyone and i had an amazing time. Pretty much everyone is super welcoming. If you love playing smash 64 then people will be happy to play with you even if you are new to the competitive aspects.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah the trick to having a good time is enjoying smash and talking to everyone and introducing yourself

people might not go out of their way to play you but they'll let you on the friendly setup if you ask and everyone's cool

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
You are me.

It might look like I know who these people are but I have absolutely no idea.
I flew out to Apex without much planning and everyone was super friendly and helpful, especially considering how much **** I suck at this game and the fact that I knew nobody.
Just sit by an empty setup and ask people for friendlies. And if you ever get tired of getting your ass kicked you can come find me and my sloppy-ass DK.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
You are me.

It might look like I know who these people are but I have absolutely no idea.
I flew out to Apex without much planning and everyone was super friendly and helpful, especially considering how much **** I suck at this game and the fact that I knew nobody.
Just sit by an empty setup and ask people for friendlies. And if you ever get tired of getting your *** kicked you can come find me and my sloppy-*** DK.
kero v annex

dk ditto beam swords only very high bo5 dl only

yes or no

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone. I'm super psyched now. I like being on the road for whatever reason it'll be cool to have a crazy weekend in New York playing video games.

So I guess I can bring my CRT too, I just feel bad because I told the kid who's moving in here that he could have it. Oh well. But I feel like I should bring one just so I can always have a set up to ask people to play friendlies on when you're not using for the tourney.

So pumped. People at the bar here won't even play me any more cuz they think I'm too good, it'll be nice to get my ass kicked for a change.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Why aren't any of you wussies talking trash except clubba?

You're all going to get wrecked by LD.

His ego is going consume our entire community after he pwns all of you.

Who's man enough to stop him?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Boom. And Wizzy. Wizzy beat jaime who the **** beats jaime jaime was 3rd in the known world for like 8 years or some **** LD has 0 chance

has he been practicing or did he become a lil scrub who plays PM all day?

People who will not beat LD: me

People who might beat LD: Kero and some other people

Ima get top 8 though. I'm supposed to be commentating top 8 so I'll have to do my own match(es). should be good

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Lol
Vermont?
Maine?
PA?
Delaware?

New Hampshire is super cheap (but if you hate freedom stay the **** away from here pls, the last thing we need is a bunch of studstill liberals who think the government should start taxing people and making seatbelt/gun/helmet laws, traffic cameras, red light cameras, eminent domain, eliminate jury nullification, etc.)
Are you ever not trolling. I crushed you in that debate the other night, SK can verify (you anarchist!) amd eminent domain is the only thing I agree with that you listed.

Sedda

Smash Champion
jaime wasnt even playing particularly well. LD got to top 8 at zenith last year using ****ing archaic tactics/weird-****-i-dont-even-know. by apex 2015 he's going to see everything in matrix code

Battlecow

Play to Win
LD and wizzy are both weird new school kids who are dope but like no one understands how or how they got that way

They're like SK and Kuz as they should have been

Top Bottom