• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZENITH 2014 - Aug 2-3 - Brooklyn, NY

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
top 8:

1. boom
2. wizzrobe
3. The Z
4. LD
5. killer
6. Firo
7. A$
8. Nintendude

Shears

Smash Master
I emailed and paid for teams and it hasn't reflected on the not up to date google doc. If I show up there and I'm not registered for teams, I'm throwing a temper tantrum so be warned.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Don't worry - nobody will get screwed out of teams if you email me about it.

Also, we're at 44 entrants now. Only 20 more to reach my personal goal of 64!

M2K entered teams too.

Last edited:

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Looking forward to watching the stream. Do you we know who's commentating top 8 yet?

Battlecow

Play to Win
No. You people need to cut this **** out.
Where on earth do you get all this anger from

don't you get tired?

Also, no one's getting 6th or 8th so the 12345678 lists need to stop (he wrote, struggling to refrain from adding the "duh" that welled up in his heart).

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
It's better to put 6th and 8th so you can say who's better and not ***** foot around with your predictions. no ties in America

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
ok here are my predictions. My bold prediction is that The Z shocks the world. His method of training by not training is superior to all

1. Boomfan
2. The Z
3. Wizzrobe
4. LD
5. A$
6. SK
7. Kero
8. Firo

The Star King

Smash Hero
pretty sure you completely misinterpreted my posts lol, wasn't saying Z isn't good or something. if anything I'm saying he's really good now because he's been playing a lot. anyway my skill has been steadily declining for about a year now, peaked last September, and so would definitely not confidently say I would beat Z, I'm pretty questionable now. but judging by the predictions in this thread everyone has lost faith in me so I guess I don't need to tell you guys that

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Guess who just sold all their **** on the day before the registration cut off. Guess who's first tournament is gonna be Zenith next weekend. Guess who's gonna drive 12 hours to get eliminated in pools.

I really hope this wasn't a bad idea!

(Can I sleep on somebody's floor? (I'll make you rice (I'm bringing my rice maker))

Sedda

Smash Champion
pretty sure you completely misinterpreted my posts lol, wasn't saying Z isn't good or something. if anything I'm saying he's really good now because he's been playing a lot. anyway my skill has been steadily declining for about a year now, peaked last September, and so would definitely not confidently say I would beat Z, I'm pretty questionable now. but judging by the predictions in this thread everyone has lost faith in me so I guess I don't need to tell you guys that
bro I was joking. We're just trying to get you registered

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Don't bother with SK. He just wants to be emo.

He says its too much pressure if people predict him to do well and gets sad that everyone's lost faith when people aren't predicting him to place highly. Cant win with Star****.

He gonna get pwned by LD or Wizzy for sure.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I believe in SK, idk why he doesn't.

TRUE STORY: The first time I watched any competitive smash was probably around 2008 and it was a Melee video of Ken/Isai.
I thought it was neat and stuff, but I also probably thought that I was too cool or whatever, so I didn't really stick to it. I would watch some Melee matches once every few months on youtube and kinda knew about the best players, but nothing more. A few years later (early 2012) a friend asked me about smash 64 and told me it could be played online and we did (on kb lol). He was really hyped about it and linked me this video the day after. I thought it was so cool that you could combo in the game. I was never really good at conventional fighting games, but just knowing that smash 64 could be played like this made me really excited.
About two days after, I saw Alancitu's combo application video and it blew my mind, and that's why I'm still a huge Alancitu fanboy, but SK was basically my gateway drug to get there lol. That's when I started following competitive Smash more closely. I didn't know that Isai was supposed to be the best back then because of how I was introduced to the game, but I caught up with the best videos within a week (boom, johnny, the isai japan/peru videos). I wish I had joined smashboards and begun playing sooner with you guys.

So yeah, @ The Star King The Star King , I believe.

btw played with LD yesterday and holy ****. Not that I'm any good or anything, but even I could tell he's gotten way better than when I played him last year.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
He says its too much pressure if people predict him to do well and gets sad that everyone's lost faith when people aren't predicting him to place highly. Cant win with Star****.
You actually understood my thought process perfectly. It's a lose-lose in terms of how people's predictions make me feel, that's why I said I don't like to be speculated about. I know it's illogical but it's just how I am.

I'm glad to apparently been a gateway to 64 for someone though at least. Thanks for the story Sedda.

(that's a random-ass gateway btw lol. instead of the usual Isai videos, laggy low tier online friendly with 77 views)

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Of course it's ridiculous in hindsight, dude, but still hahaha. That's what I was given

For whatever reason I decided to start playing PM first and then ditched that for SSB. Good move, but damn

clubbadubba

Smash Master
You actually understood my thought process perfectly. It's a lose-lose in terms of how people's predictions make me feel, that's why I said I don't like to be speculated about. I know it's illogical but it's just how I am.

I'm glad to apparently been a gateway to 64 for someone though at least. Thanks for the story Sedda.

(that's a random-*** gateway btw lol. instead of the usual Isai videos, laggy low tier online friendly with 77 views)
Dude if i knew you were going to zenith 100% you'd be in my top 8. Somewhere behind me that is. Its cool, I feel pretty disrespected by these predictions as well. Just gotta show the world what is really what. And it all starts by COMING OVER TO MY HOUSE NEXT WEEK TO PLAY BECAUSE I NEED PRACTICE VS GOOD YOSHI'S SO I CAN STOMP WIZZY LIKE I DID BACK IN THE DAY.

Shears

Smash Master
Dude if i knew you were going to zenith 100% you'd be in my top 8. Somewhere behind me that is. Its cool, I feel pretty disrespected by these predictions as well. Just gotta show the world what is really what. And it all starts by COMING OVER TO MY HOUSE NEXT WEEK TO PLAY BECAUSE I NEED PRACTICE VS GOOD YOSHI'S SO I CAN STOMP WIZZY LIKE I DID BACK IN THE DAY.
I'm seriously considering coming down next Tuesday. I need some Zenith practice and haven't played console since I played M2K a few weeks after Apex.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'm seriously considering coming down next Tuesday. I need some Zenith practice and haven't played console since I played M2K a few weeks after Apex.
Monday and Tuesday smash for sure if you want to come. Wednesday is a possibility but I'm supposed to play softball. And thursday I am heading up to nyc.

Speaking of, is anyone planning on playing smash in or near nyc on friday next week? I'm hoping to just smash all day so I can get ready to open up a can of show me your moves on all you suckas

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Guess who just sold all their **** on the day before the registration cut off. Guess who's first tournament is gonna be Zenith next weekend. Guess who's gonna drive 12 hours to get eliminated in pools.

I really hope this wasn't a bad idea!

(Can I sleep on somebody's floor? (I'll make you rice (I'm bringing my rice maker))
this man is a hero

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Who's bringing SETUPS?

I can't bring my CRT this time cuz I won't be driving. How many do we need for smooth running?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
TVs is my biggest concern. bringing them into nyc is a pain so I bet we don't have many :(

Top Bottom