• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZENITH 2014 - Aug 2-3 - Brooklyn, NY

Sedda

Smash Champion
Theres a megabus stop in Durham that can get you to DC and then from DC to New York in a total of 9 hours for about $55. I haven't been on a greyhound bus since I took one across the country in 2010 for a 72 hour bus ride, but megabus has always been cleaner and nicer than greyhound with wifi and electrical outlets and usually direct routes. I'm probably driving so if you get to DC I could drive you up and back.
Thanks man. I'll look into all the options I have to see what's best. I'll let you know

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
The number of entrants for Smash 64 indicated by the google document is inadequately low, although it does require an update. I have already registered; however, unless that number increases in the near future, I plan on not attending.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
ceasar you live a borough away, no reason NOT to go

still waiting though...increase soon

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
ceasar you live a borough away, no reason NOT to go

still waiting though...increase soon
In this case, distance isn't an issue for me. I just think it wouldn't be worth spending (too much) money to only play 15 people or less in a tournament presumed to be a national scene for 64 players.

Well, just simply my two cents on the matter. I'll remain quiet and patient until registration comes to a close, and we'll see what happens from there.

NYC was a bad choice; the venue last year was probably the best venue I've been to so far
How was the venue at Zenith last year? I was not present for it.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
41 entrants last year, generally attendance increases, guessing 50 to 60 when registration is over.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
@ Sedda Sedda ride with me, dude.

I'm planning on coming up from ATHENS, GA but I need people to carpool with (I have a van with 7 seats, gets good gas mileage though), don't think I could afford all the gas on my own. Somebody help me out here?

Sedda

Smash Champion
couple of job interviews came up, so I don't want to make solid transportation/housing arrangements that depend on my money in case I get a job *gasp*

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
wait so if you get one of the jobs you have more money to travel with, and if you don't you're in the same boat as before

although that'd probably cut into your travel time a bit if you get one

Sedda

Smash Champion
that's the point. if I get the job, I want to be able to say that I'm available whenever lol

It's just an interview next week, but I can't commit to anything because I need my schedule to be completely clear

I'm not salty about mp 3, especially not to someone who got to join a game with two stars by default and still got rekt.

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I remember when I didn't go to something smash related because of a job interview.

I didn't get the job.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i dunno what kind of job you are looking for, but generally giving yourself a week or two before you start work is pretty standard. Considering Zenith is 2.5 weeks away, even if you were to get a job tomorrow i think you'd be fine

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Restraining order
i dunno what kind of job you are looking for, but generally giving yourself a week or two before you start work is pretty standard. Considering Zenith is 2.5 weeks away, even if you were to get a job tomorrow i think you'd be fine
Same applies to me, I SHOULD have a job in 2-3 weeks but that is 2-3

clubbadubba

Smash Master
so i'm cooking dinner tonight (home-cooked rice, microwaved frozen chicken, raw spinach out of a plastic bag), and finally all that's left is waiting for the chicken to microwave. I look at the microwave clock. 2 MINUTES. Think to myself, I might just have time for a quick lvl 9 falcon ditto... Meander over to my couch, turn on the N64 and my CRT. TV takes a few minutes to warm up, but being the expert smasher I am I set up the 5 stock no items without visual. Setup falcon dittos, go to dreamland, 5 quick combos I dominate as usual. GG cpu, gg. Walk back over to the microwave. 17 SECONDS LEFT.

You guys scared?

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Unless I sell like all of my stuff before the cut-off point for registration I think I'm just SOL here. Not that any of you know me or care so it won't make a difference to you, but I'm pretty ****ing jealous that tri-state has such an active 64 scene whereas no one in GA gives a ****. Anybody got a hot job tip in the region? I know Python if that helps. I need to move already. I need my life to revolve around a video game.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
nyc is full of software jobs. hell, you can get a software job pretty much anywhere, just start applying. If you really want to move, only you can make it happen.

no one else can speak the words on your lips. today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten

and if we already registered will it be simple to edit that registration?

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Unless I sell like all of my stuff before the cut-off point for registration I think I'm just SOL here. Not that any of you know me or care so it won't make a difference to you, but I'm pretty ****ing jealous that tri-state has such an active 64 scene whereas no one in GA gives a ****. Anybody got a hot job tip in the region? I know Python if that helps. I need to move already. I need my life to revolve around a video game.
did you or did you not contact caneut

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Pretty sure the Z is gonna win this tournament.

After all, ZENITH stands for "ZENYORE IN THE HOUSE"

unless revan is coming...

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Pretty sure the Z is gonna win this tournament.

After all, ZENITH stands for "ZENYORE IN THE HOUSE"

unless revan is coming...
this is a clever post

and yes i believe he is

i'm actually pretty excited if dubs gets added back, that'd be cool for ya'll

Top Bottom