• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's taunts?

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
First off I would have asked this in the other taunt thread but the OP wanted it closed.

Anyways so I was rewatching the video with Zelda fighting with Mario against the primids. At the end you can clearly see Mario do his hat taunt but what is Zelda doing? First I assumed it was a taunt but then when I looked at it again it sorta looks like she's looking left then right. So i'm not quite sure. What do you guys think is it a taunt or some sort of movement?

Also I guess since we are on the subject what do you think Zelda's other two taunts will be?(since we know one and assuming the above isn't one)

Iris

Smash Ace
I hope that's not her end of battle taunt or any type of taunt for that matter. It looks terrible, she's just moving left and right.

I think one of her other taunts will be the one from Melee. The remaining one will hopefully have some sort of voice acting to it. Silent taunts are boring.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I hope that's not a taunt. But it just looks like the guy turning her around just for fun. She'll probably have her stupid Melee praying taunt, but I'd love to see her do something flashy for another taunt. Maybe set something on fire.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
the one in the SSE is not a taut >_>

her taunt probably are going to be the Meele one, the one shown in the conference trailer (with the shiny effect) and probably the one shown in the outfits update, like moving her hair with her hand or something

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the running her hand through her hair is part of her idle animation...

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
That's what I thought cause if it was a taunt man is it awful.

As for her actual taunts I agree with her having more eye catching ones so we could actually tell she's doing one. The confirmed one is doing a pretty good job of that though.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
It is most likely her idle animation. She is still on anti-depressants from ganon's domestic abuse which would explain her anxiety(Did you know in ancient hyrule interracial relationships were frowned upon). she found herself a new man, a brave man, a man of green... TINGLE koloolimpa!!!!!

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
OP from the other thread here :p

yeah i was thinking it was a taunt too until i realized it was probably her moving right n left since... it looks just like her moving right to left.

WAVING might be another taunt (as seen in the photo update and todays old stages update) but it looks really crappy like shes in trouble and needs help...

So I actually think we have all 3-

-Praying (unless they deconfirm it)
-Flashy hand thing from the video
-And waving

if these are it.. the flashy hand thing is the only taunt I think is actually good, i hope praying is deconfirmed (like link's hair thing which is out) , but I think they will keep it since its in character.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Weird rageagainst that you bring up the waving taunt cause I mentioned it on a another forum. I mean what the heck is she doing waving at Ike. That better not be her taunt cause it's pretty stupid for her to do.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
---OOT SPOILERS. JUST INCASE---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIaokM--Pk

At about 4:54, wasn't that one of Zelda's taunts in Melee? It's a hand action Zelda did a lot in OOT, and even in future games like WW, and TP.

Although, I think this is the praying taunt everyone is talking about, I like it.
I hope this returns.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
she will prob. have:
-her melee pose
-the one featured in the smash video (i think she is summoning a fairy or something)
-the last one would be cool if it was the winner screen pose that she does in melee where she is controlling a ball of fire in her hand.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Weird rageagainst that you bring up the waving taunt cause I mentioned it on a another forum. I mean what the heck is she doing waving at Ike. That better not be her taunt cause it's pretty stupid for her to do.
That might be a new falling animation. She was close to an edge so maybe she was falling backwards off of it. Who knows?

Anyway, I want the Malo Mart Dance in Brawl (It would be funnier with Link, though... if he did it while facing away from the screen, Snake's butt would finally have some male competition ;)).

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
she will prob. have:
-her melee pose
-the one featured in the smash video (i think she is summoning a fairy or something)
-the last one would be cool if it was the winner screen pose that she does in melee where she is controlling a ball of fire in her hand.
If you watch it again, all she is doing is producing magic from the plams of her hands.
The fairy comes from Link's fair taunt, he's just positioned next to her in such a way that it appears that she is summoning a fairy.
So in short, this taunt IS in fact her victory pose from melee with the ball of fire in her hand, but brawl-ified.

And i love it <3

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
If you watch it again, all she is doing is producing magic from the plams of her hands.
The fairy comes from Link's fair taunt, he's just positioned next to her in such a way that it appears that she is summoning a fairy.
So in short, this taunt IS in fact her victory pose from melee with the ball of fire in her hand, but brawl-ified.

And i love it <3

I agree , I loved that.

I'm hoping for a taunt somehow showing the triforce in a way, like raising her hand into the air , the triforce glowing, Zelda throwing her hand down and golden swirls appearing around her.

Or..something =P

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hope its better than Melee. I'll be find if one of them is the same as Melee, but sound to go with it is good. I mean in a 4 player battle, when you taunt it should be noticeable.

Zelda <3 so... NEW TAUNT PLZ!

-Onyx

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I agree , I loved that.

I'm hoping for a taunt somehow showing the triforce in a way, like raising her hand into the air , the triforce glowing, Zelda throwing her hand down and golden swirls appearing around her.

Or..something =P
The magic wasn't from her palms it from her heart. XD

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Nice thread you have here. Zelda is going to be a beast. Wonder why she wasn't in the starter rose on E for All; wll she be able to "transform" ( into Shiek, once more? )? Gonna enjoy fighting as her, as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Heh I forgot about this thread.

Malo Mart dance? Genius! Brawl does need more rump shaking (did I just say rump hmm) Though I will only except it if the awesome music is in.;)

Soluble Toast I like the idea of the triforce showing from her hand it definitely would be eye catching something she needs in her taunts. I really hope they replace the praying one it was just meh maybe if they added magic sparkles or something. It was very hard to notice especially in FFA's.

She should have a taunt that shows she's going to set you on fire, or magically beat you to death. Not sure how to portray that but badass taunt FTW. Like Ike's cause his is awesome.

Also I'm pretty sure the flipping hair animation only occurs when she just stands there doing nothing.:)

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
what would be cool is if each taunt was one of her transformations doing a taunt that way we would have cameos

and it would be funny to see the sheik lovers cry thinking omg! Sheik! but all she does is a taunt and then turns back into zelda lol

Meta Shelb

Smash Rookie
OP from the other thread here :p

yeah i was thinking it was a taunt too until i realized it was probably her moving right n left since... it looks just like her moving right to left.

WAVING might be another taunt (as seen in the photo update and todays old stages update) but it looks really crappy like shes in trouble and needs help...

So I actually think we have all 3-

-Praying (unless they deconfirm it)
-Flashy hand thing from the video
-And waving

if these are it.. the flashy hand thing is the only taunt I think is actually good, i hope praying is deconfirmed (like link's hair thing which is out) , but I think they will keep it since its in character.
yeah i think that "shiny hand thing" is her holding dins fire in her hand like her victory pose in melee

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
Zelda's taunt in SSBM was a joke, she never even made a sound, and like just crossed her arms in front of her slightly. She should TWIRL or some **** :D haha but yeah, who knows what it will be, it doesnt really matter that much anyway.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I like to think of the waving taunt as more of a " Hey, come over here pretty boy...so I can smash your face in" style of taunt, rather than " SAVE ME!"

Oh well. I just hope her praying taunt is gone now. Another magic taunt FTW!

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Alright after seeing a whole bunch of videos and pics of Zelda I think it's safe to assume that we know all three of her taunts. Which most of you probably knew but i'll post pics for easy reference.

(Credit to Arean for this since I saw it in the other thread.)

(The weird waving thing seen in a couple screens and as posted by Pappioll)

(From the conference video)

You know i'm not actually 100% sure about the first pic but I assume it's a taunt since Peach and ZSS are doing their taunts. Though it does look like her Utilt or Usmash. So yeah, I really want to see the waving in action cause at first I didn't really like it but now i'm a bit curious on what the heck she's doing and if vocals are included or magic.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Yeah, I do remember commenting on that way back when Temple was confirmed to be back.

You can clearly see it there. I knew it couldn't be some sort of attack but I didn't think that it'd be a taunt. There has to be be some sore of magic effect or sound to it. Maybe -spAzn-'s first picture is the after effect of the wave. Or at least, I'd hope it to be. I really don't want her taunt to be some measly little wave. Well, they did give us three taunts for a reason.

Arean

Smash Ace
its just a "Link come back here and save me!" taunt or "Link dont run away you coward !" taunt.....

HipsterKid

Smash Ace

Well in this picture it's kind of like, "Please stop, the children need to cross the street now".

While in this picture, Zelda is saying "Hey Link, aim that arrow right here, at the middle of my palm."

*Sigh*

[/attempt at lightening the mood]

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Im sure her 'wave' is the the taunt in which she yells something along the lines of 'HELP ME!1', not sure where ive read it but if it is, im greatful for the comicness of it :laugh:

And lets face it, the melee din's fire like taunt that we have by far beats any of the taunts for other characters...but then again i'm byast.

Top Bottom