• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

zelda's spike

willie phisterbottom

Smash Rookie
any advice on which characters this move would be smart to use on? and how can i land it easier, i feel like ive pretty much mastered zelda other than this particular move.. any tips would be appreciated

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
My best tip..... try to use it against everyone and make your own opinions for who you should and shouldn't use it against.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194351

Taken from that thread:

Fast-fall it whenever possible, and do it MUCH earlier than you would expect. It is in itself a laggy move, and furthermore, a meet-me-half-way move. Begin pretty much as soon as you start fast-falling, and it should work better.

Also keep in mind you CAN combo them.

Sour > Sour > Sweet works well. I have a vid of that somewhere.
Or sour > sour > footstool.

Please, please search.

EDIT:

Oh, I forgot. Check out this guide. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179565

There are a few combos and tricks that help you land spikes. One of them is even a 0%-to-Death combo.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Man if Zelda could sweet dair on the ground she could be like Ganon >.< Stupid Sakurai!! Why don't you let Zelda sweet dair on the ground? GRRRRR.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Zelda Dsmash...is great. Even if you don't get off the sweetspot it's still effective depending on your opponents percentage...hehe Zelda great hehehe!!!

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Any heavy wait char of course. Along with those characters with poor recovery.

Top Bottom