• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's new Look

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
I think we all have noticed that in Brawl Zelda has a new look, taken from Twilight Princess. But for some reason, I miss her old look. Im not saying that she's ugly as brunette. It's just that, I think the blonde hair suits her more.
Am I the only one with this opinion?:ohwell:

I really, really hope one of the costumes goes with blonde hair. Or even better, make her haircolor alternative.

Awwww.. I miss it so much.:urg:

Darkurai

Smash Master
And this couldn't be done in the Zelda thread that is so undoubtedly out there?

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
An Ocarina of Time (and a Link to the Past, for that matter) costume would be cool, but I like the "new" Zelda. After all, Zelda was originally a brunette anyways...

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I like this idea. I mean, a lot of Zelda users(such as myself) used "OoT" Zelda when playing melee. I, however would like a different outfit style, kind of like the Peach/Daisy Melee costume. You know, where the earrings and such are different.

Still, I'd prefer TP Zelda's look over OoT. TP Zelda looks - like "high tier".

Drake3

Smash Ace

^ Barbie

^ Zelda
I'm pretty sure that the florescent pink from OoT was reserved for Peach but somehow found Zelda instead. It's honestly just too bright for someone who is supposed to be sophisticated and elegant. I think brunette looks better on her too, but I wasn't totally against the blonde look.

There is a Zelda topic, but finding it nowadays requires more effort than it's worth.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The florescent pink from OoT is reserved for Peach. It's honestly just too bright for someone who is supposed to be sophisticated and elegant. I think brunette looks better on her too, but I wasn't totally against the blonde look.

There is a Zelda topic, but finding it nowadays requires alot of skill.
QFT.

I was literally about to say all of exactly what you just said. But, building off that, I'd just like to say that I think if Zelda stayed blond, we'd have too many blond females (now that Zamus is in the picture). I honestly think, if nothing else, that a hair color other than "blond" needs to be represented by one of the ladies. Having them all blond would seem. . . well, a waste of potential variety, I guess.

I have no issues with the alt. costume idea though. I just won't play as that palette swap. No skin off my nose.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yes I agree a more subtle look makes her look better. Smarter and awesomer than Peach :p

The old look causes nostalgia but I prefer her new look.

Haven't seen the Zelda thread lately...

-Onyx

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm.. well ok.
I still want to be able to choose her haircolor though, but Im fine if they don't make it as an option.

Im gonna make some recolors on her dress, that goes with brown hair. ;)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
And we all know we're dumb enough to believe the stereotype that you have to be blonde to be considered attractive

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
And we all know we're dumb enough to believe the stereotype that you have to be blonde to be considered attractive
Actually, blond people are considered more attractive due to something it does to your brain when you see someone with blonde hair. (That's true, I read it somewhere, I'll check Wiki and edit this to make it sound more sophisticated)

But Blonde Zelda looks sucky compared to Brunette.

P.S

I'm not Blonde. :p

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
Her new look is MUCH better then before!

That's just my oppinion though.

Zelda for Brawl! <.< >.> What!?! Can't I still vote for Zelda beng in Brawl? <.< >.> c'mon folks, why not?

..................whatever, can't wait to see the new colours,rock on

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Actually, blond people are considered more attractive due to something it does to your brain when you see someone with blonde hair. (That's true, I read it somewhere, I'll check Wiki and edit this to make it sound more sophisticated)

But Blonde Zelda looks sucky compared to Brunette.

P.S

I'm not Blonde. :p
That's interesting. Certainly it mustn't be true for all people though, since different people have different tastes, which are subject to change—hence seeing some people constantly dying their hair different colors. Also, I think some skin tones and facial structures just carry certain hair colors better than others.

I had always assumed that the general idea was that blond hair, being a recessive trait, was rarer than a color like brown, so you saw (and still see) lots of girls getting their hair bleached. Basically, to be a bit more "unique". Ironically, I now see so many bottled blonds that one may think that brunettes were going extinct. This was just the conclusion I justified in my head though.

And then there are black and red heads, which I will not go into for fear of further off-topicness.
[/end digression]

I'm so used to Zelda with brown hair now, that seeing Zelda on screen in Melee recently was rather odd. I really think the brown suits her more, now. I don't think the dress and the hair make her so similar to Peach that you'd get yourself mixed up, but variety is always a good thing, I think. And that goes for character designs just as much as it does gameplay.

Oh, and I noticed I forgot to add this in my last post. Very nice color edits, Pappioll.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
zelda looks better as a brunette but i feelshe looks a bit better in twilight princess.shes missing thos blonde higlights she had in TP but i agree that the blonde looks like a barbie doll the new zelda looks more realistic

KingBulbinX

Smash Apprentice

yeah, she looks much better as a brunette, plus, i'm sure she did'nt want all that pink on either:p

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
What I think is that blonde Zelda should use magic, and brunette Zelda should use a sword... oh and btw they should be alternate costumes...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I think is that blonde Zelda should use magic, and brunette Zelda should use a sword... oh and btw they should be alternate costumes...
That made no sense

...well technically it did...

But Brawl wise...no, it didn't

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
I thought her dirty blond color from Twilight Princess was easily acceptable, but dark, dark brown? I don't think so. You did a nice recolor, but the bright pink looks a bit out of place, maybe if you just colored the hair...

In all the games from the first 2d sprite of her to her appearance in the CD-i Zelda, the heiress to Hyrule's throne has always had blond hair, she just looks too different without it.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I think we all have noticed that in Brawl Zelda has a new look, taken from Twilight Princess. But for some reason, I miss her old look. Im not saying that she's ugly as brunette. It's just that, I think the blonde hair suits her more.
Am I the only one with this opinion?:ohwell:

I really, really hope one of the costumes goes with blonde hair. Or even better, make her haircolor alternative.

Awwww.. I miss it so much.:urg:
Is that an optical illusion, or is the background of the second picture actually darker?

On Topic: I pick New Zelda, but Peach is hotter than either one.

Top Bottom